Corey Oates - What to do?

I really, really want to see that move one more time before Gary is lost to us for ever. You know the one I'm talking about? When he comes in from his wing on the blindside running against the grain and then cuts in at the last minute to stroll under the posts untouched. The first time I saw this move I could not wipe the smile of my dial for hours.

Please if anyone has footage of this move - put it up.

cheers!

I really, really want to see that move one more time before Gary is lost to us for ever. You know the one I'm talking about? When he comes in from his wing on the blindside running against the grain and then cuts in at the last minute to stroll under the posts untouched. The first time I saw this move I could not wipe the smile of my dial for hours.

cheers!

He did enough to warrant keeping his spot on the pine. Ideally it would be good to see him get 30-40mins in that spot on the edge to see how he handle it, and hopefully that's done before Piakura returns, because if he can't handle it, Hunt should take the bench spot.

cheers!

Match Highlights: Broncos v Sharks

If Oates stays at 17, who misses out once Hass is back? Hetherington and Willison have been playing pretty well. I would have said Baker, but he seems to be slowly getting better too (Kevvie magic).
It's a tough question for sure.

Oates covers us for injuries in the backs, but I think we'd need to see how he goes in the second row or a stint in the middle for a few more weeks yet.

If we get an early injury in the back row, I'm not sure how Oates would go playing big minutes on the edge.

If he can end up covering it then he answers a lot of questions.

I'd say Willison has to stay on the bench, because of the impact he brings, but when Kobe is on he is a seriously good player for us, which is why his start to the year was so frustrating.

Maybe it is Baker who is pretty similar to what we have in Jensen... and that sameness might hurt him 🤔🤔

Ultimately it gives Kevvie options and allows him to rotate the middles to keep them fresh and competitive... Willison will need some breaks through the year as well, so whoever misses out will get some opportunities later anyway.

You have to love Corey but @Big Del is right. We didn't see a lot from him, despite that he did well with the limited opportunity he had. But what it did show is we have a great club man waiting in the wings who can do a few jobs for us if needed. Personally I want to see him get a stint in the middle, we need to see how his engine is before you give him a spot currently occupied by Baker.

I love that we are in this position again after 1 game. Felt the exact opposite after the penriff game. And whenever the broncos lose you're hoping someone blitzes it in reserve grade but doesn't ever seem to match up for us.

So many questions and makes things interesting once haas, piakura and Walsh return.
Sailor to 14 means we need a 65-70 min hooker at the most or do we just carry 2 forwards with limited 2nd row cover?
Oates staying in 17 means we might not find a spot for sailor. Do we carry 2 hookers or are smoothy or walters capable of playing longer minutes? Who's the sacrificial forward for all these scenarios? Is hunt definitely out of the question if he puts in a couple more decent performances? If baker smashes it and willison and/or hethrington have 2 shockers does that change who gets chopped?

So many questions, and injuries will likely impact us somewhere. But these are the type of questions you want. Who can we cut, last week it was who can we put in.

The next 2-3 games until Walsh, piakura and haas are huge for a lot of the players here. Are they squad members, or are they top 17 nrl players.... it's upto them...

Active Now

• Ondi
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • Spooky1013
  • kiwibronco
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • RolledOates
  • Bish
  • Tristan1990
  • IceWorks
  • Rowdy124
  • mitch222
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Volvo Driver
  • The Strapper
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.