DCE backflips to stay at Manly

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
So you are saying, just go to a Titans training session & you have a choice of renter.

They'll be lining up (every pun intended) but you'd want to pick one with income stability line "5 year" Zillman.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I see him still going to gold coast but every time he asks he seems uncomfortable and says something along the lines of "I'll let you know if anything changes".

That's not the response titans fans would like to hear. I haven't heard him ever say "no I'll definitely be at the gold coast" or "I'm very excited to play for the Titans".

It seems like he has at least been entertaining the thought of staying or worse, he is still in talks with manly.

I personally would love to see him go to GC, I think it's better for the nrl to get a star player in that team and for them to be competitive.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I see him still going to gold coast but every time he asks he seems uncomfortable and says something along the lines of "I'll let you know if anything changes".

That's not the response titans fans would like to hear. I haven't heard him ever say "no I'll definitely be at the gold coast" or "I'm very excited to play for the Titans".

It seems like he has at least been entertaining the thought of staying or worse, he is still in talks with manly.

I personally would love to see him go to GC, I think it's better for the nrl to get a star player in that team and for them to be competitive.

There was a radio interview where he danced around it for a bit, along the lines of "nothing's changed for me". The radio crew were wise to the fact that it could mean "I've always has the mindset to consider staying at Manly", so they pressed him further and he said "I'm definitely going to the Titans". And they asked again "So you're not going to backflip and stay with Manly"? And he said "No". Granted, it was one interview out of 20 or 30, but they definitely have him on record as saying he'll honour the Titan's deal.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Looks like Foran might be the one backflipping... which is not horrible, since it's happening to Parra. :laugh:

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Looks like Foran might be the one backflipping... which is not horrible, since it's happening to Parra. :laugh:

and he doesn't even have to do it before round 13 ... since he was smart enough to put a political instability clause in his contract. lol

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Being serious, interest rates these days, that'd be $1200 a week interest-only. If he could get $700 a week rent (plenty of douchebags would jump on that) there's only $500 gap. Negative gearing means he'd get half of that back at tax time. $250 a week? Chump change.
House 4 doors down from me is getting $850 a week and is worth about $800000 so a 1.5 mil house on the coast will get a lot more than $700

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
House 4 doors down from me is getting $850 a week and is worth about $800000 so a 1.5 mil house on the coast will get a lot more than $700
Yeah, it should return around the $1000/week mark, depending on location.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Looks like Foran might be the one backflipping

I doubt he will backflip.

Seems like he isn't learning anything from Toovey coaching him.

From what I heard, Foran agreed to go to Parramatta late last year & pretended with Manly that he was still wanting to say at Manly.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014

I see where you're coming from but can't agree. The bloke has just got jack of being asked if he's backflipping on the Titans every three seconds, so all he responds with is "Nothing has changed, I'll let you know if it does."

It's also a way of avoiding talking up his next club while still at Manly which is a pretty decent thing to do. It shits me seeing a player with a season still to play out talking about how much they're looking forward to their next season at a new club, and by implication that they're happy to be leaving their current club.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I see where you're coming from but can't agree. The bloke has just got jack of being asked if he's backflipping on the Titans every three seconds, so all he responds with is "Nothing has changed, I'll let you know if it does."

It's also a way of avoiding talking up his next club while still at Manly which is a pretty decent thing to do. It shits me seeing a player with a season still to play out talking about how much they're looking forward to their next season at a new club, and by implication that they're happy to be leaving their current club.

I get what your saying but I really think DCE is playing this out more than is necessary, he doesn't need to be so ambiguous about it, guys like sezer haven't.

If he wants the questions to stop but also to respect manly all he has to say is something like.

"I will be at the Titans next year, but as for this year my current focus is solely on the sea eagles and finishing at this great club as best I can"

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I get what your saying but I really think DCE is playing this out more than is necessary, he doesn't need to be so ambiguous about it, guys like sezer haven't.

If he wants the questions to stop but also to respect manly all he has to say is something like.

"I will be at the Titans next year, but as for this year my current focus is solely on the sea eagles and finishing at this great club as best I can"

To be fair, guys like Sezer aren't asked three times a day.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

He actually did say exactly that a while ago, but as Morks said, it doesn't stop people from asking him again every time they put a mike in front of him...

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
It's not in the media's interest to let him answer the question anyway, they want it to drag on as long as possible so they can keep reporting on it.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Fascinating choice of words from DCE on Super Saturday. Essentially it was "Theres a rule in place for a reason and it's there and that gives Manly an opportunity to do whatever it takes to keep me".

Last edited:
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Fascinating choice of words from DCE on Super Saturday. Essentially it was "Theres a rule in place for a reason and it's there and that gives Manly an opportunity to do whatever it takes to keep me".
Yeah, I got the feeling that Manly will keep him if they can come up with the cash.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I think DCE likes the attention on him.

I don't give a shit if he stays at Manly or goes to the Titans.

Unread

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • pennywisealfie
  • eazy-duzzit
  • bert_lifts
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.