DCE backflips to stay at Manly

He's entitled to do it, and I have absolutely no respect left for the ****, and wish he wasn't a Queenslander, but there is a silver lining, in that he screwed over a NRL administered club, who were amateurish enough to have the stupid rule in place.

Having said that, I don't buy the family excuse and I don't buy the contract for life excuse. He signed a contract and back flipped on it, which means his word and honor can be bought and mean jack shit.
That makes him the poorest excuse for a human being, and I really hope karma comes back to haunt him.

What a self important, condescending, miserable, frothing at the mouth, diatribe of comments! And errors!
'He signed a contract' He did not sign a contract.

"Makes him the poorest excuse for a human being' WTF. Really stretching the boundaries of cogent thought there, Porthoz!

Porthoz posts 14,185 Jez, glad I missed 14,180 of them!

I'm just glad they have fixed the stupid fucking rule. Clubs make all these other roster moves to accommodate signings and then the player turns around and reneges on his contract, leaving the club high and dry.

I can certainly understand the argument that Daly did what he was entitled to do, and what most of us would do in our employment too - but the whole thing just leaves a foul taste in my mouth. I don't care about the Titans in any way whatsoever, but you have to feel sorry for them here. All this denial from Daly and his manager for months only to announce it at the last minute. Dog act. Seriously. I've lost so much respect for Daly. I hope he isn't picked for Origin 2.

It's such a long contract as well. How many years of it do you really expect him to honour?

Mehhh....I don't give too much of a **** either way. Whilst I was disappointed with GI not playing for us, I never really held it against him.

As for DCE.....the only way to make everyone forget is to play some good footy.
He starts doing that and this will be old news fast.

A man is only as good as his word.....I guess he'll have to live with that.

p.s

His Mum sounds like a real old mole. LOL @ Nashy calling her a ****. So true ......:laugh:

What a self important, condescending, miserable, frothing at the mouth, diatribe of comments! And errors!

"Makes him the poorest excuse for a human being' WTF. Really stretching the boundaries of cogent thought there, Porthoz!

So far I have found all of your 18 posts to be complete rubbish, I shudder to think of you making it to Porthoz post numbers

Captn' save a hoz to the rescue .....
Superman.gif

Come on guys. This isn't about Porthoz. Discuss the post, not the poster. Move on.

I'm hearing a rumour going around that DCE will be performing a triple back-flip, he will renege on his current deal and join the Titans for life on a base salary of $3m a season for a minimum of 10 seasons, he will then renege on that deal and re-sign with Manly on a premium double lifetime contract, enabling any son(s) he may conceive in the future to be signed for life by Manly on his day of birth.

EDIT: Ignored Staff Warning

Last edited by a moderator:

Um, preeeetty sure DCE signed a contract. The NRL just doesn't register it until the deadline has passed.

I have no problem with perspective , thinking in fact that I am one of the few moderate and restrained posters on here. What I object to is the mock indignation, the self righteous , holier than thou attitude expressed when someone does something some posters disagree with. It is so wildly out of proportion to the alleged offence. When a person stupidly describes someone as the lowest, the worst, the vilest piece of scum etc they leave no room . They paint themselves into a corner because there is no where else to go, no lower level, no worse a person. For heavens sake, have an opinion and even a strong one but failing to honour a contract which has a cooling off period in it is hardly a big deal. After all, it happens every single day of the week in the real estate world.

What's even more amazing, it's got fucking nothing to do with anyone on this forum. It does not affect any of us as it is between Manly,the Titans and DCE...We don't even have a horse in the race !

I have no problem with perspective , thinking in fact that I am one of the few moderate and restrained posters on here. What I object to is the mock indignation, the self righteous , holier than thou attitude expressed when someone does something some posters disagree with. It is so wildly out of proportion to the alleged offence. When a person stupidly describes someone as the lowest, the worst, the vilest piece of scum etc they leave no room . They paint themselves into a corner because there is no where else to go, no lower level, no worse a person. For heavens sake, have an opinion and even a strong one but failing to honour a contract which has a cooling off period in it is hardly a big deal. After all, it happens every single day of the week in the real estate world.

What's even more amazing, it's got fucking nothing to do with anyone on this forum. It does not affect any of us as it is between Manly,the Titans and DCE...We don't even have a horse in the race !

So we can't have an opinion on anything outside of the Broncos?

You love to have a go at others when all of your 18 posts have been absolute dribble. Hilarious for you to call someone condescending, your posts absolutely reek of it. It isn't hard, put forward your own opinion without having a go at someone else, dead simple stuff.

8c3eff752bb4c493f3a18003b63c8820.jpg

I don't have a problem with DCE at all. He secured his future at the start of the season to get it out of the way. The system allows Manly to come to the party and they have.
I'd like to see a transfer period/ system myself- but that's another topic altogether

So, is the "lifetime contract" in DCE's favour, or the club's? As in, which one of them gets to say that his "career" is over? Because if it's DCE, the club is fucked because judging by his character so far, it sounds like he'll gladly be pulling on their #7 jersey well in to his 40s, walking stick and spectacles included, and getting around $4 million a season if the next few TV rights' deals go as hoped.

I don't think anyone begrudges him taking the money. In fact most people will probably admit that in order to negotiate a deal, using "interest" from another club is something most players (albeit their managers) would be expected of, like it or not. Where this goes past that is that, regardless of the fact it's a legit clause, actually signing something you don't intend on following through on is a dog act. Making promises to people that were never intended to be kept is a dog act. Even Greg Inglis could be argued to have acted with more class, seeing as at the time of agreeing with a handshake, he genuinely intended on being a Bronco.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Thelmus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
  • Jedhead
  • Justwin
  • Footy Fanatic
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.