Dear NRL HQ & the media...

p.s. Rothfield says that the NRL need to urgently implement a new rule ... one that states "no new rule changes mid season"

i mean it seems obvious and professionally run sports don't need this specified for them .. but this is the NRL afterall

No arguing with you about that. They should have attempted to address this issue in other ways before going down this hard line path. Sure it may not have worked without a hard line approach, but surely it would have been time better spent, rather than look in to stupid rule changes based on supposed fan polls.

And it seems ridiculous they chose to do it on such a show case round.
Totally agree mate ... this blitzkrieg of sin-binnings and send-offs totally detracted from the spectacle that Magic Round should have been .. I can almost imagine the Machiavellian planning that went into this .. "yeah we'll do it in magic round, strength in ref numbers, teams all in one place ... it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel" or am I just being too cynical.

Totally agree mate ... this blitzkrieg of sin-binnings and send-offs totally detracted from the spectacle that Magic Round should have been .. I can almost imagine the Machiavellian planning that went into this .. "yeah we'll do it in magic round, strength in ref numbers, teams all in one place ... it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel" or am I just being too cynical.
It was all for Robinson.

F2D80341 B793 13B9 C73FBA4EAD0B48BD

Think Gould nails it, the idiots are changing rules without looking at what's actually happening in the game, not only that most head injuries are from the tacklers not the ones being tackled.

Gould and Gallen spot on, who would have thought.

Think Gould nails it, the idiots are changing rules without looking at what's actually happening in the game, not only that most head injuries are from the tacklers not the ones being tackled.

It is a tragedy when Gus and particularly Gallen are more in touch with reality than the guy running the show. Dark years ahead for the NRL sadly.

It is a tragedy when Gus and particularly Gallen are more in touch with reality than the guy running the show. Dark years ahead for the NRL sadly.
Gus has pretty much always been. I would love him in the top job tbh.

He speaks such sense and Vlandys you idiot, WHAT HE IS SAYING IS WHAT THE FANS WANT!!!!! The fans don't want you, they want the game they love.

On a side note, was Finch drunk? The way he was talking, although making so much sense, was not a good advertisement against head injuries.
For sure he is drunk, he is a massive alcoholic saw him a couple of years ago in front of the Star in Sydney and he was completely blind, couldn't even stay on his feet quite funny actually.

Even Roach is talking sense!

Deadset, it must be hard for the reporters to back up Vlandys as they are required to do obviously, even they must feel like punching him in the head.

As they say, the instruction is to go low now so that guys will just get knocked out by hips and knees. It is such a mindblowingly frustrating self-inflicted stupidity.

NRL 360 last night basically admitting that this whole head high crackdown is purely to prevent litigation in the future.

Absolute scum of the earth Vlandys and the NRL top dogs for trying to mask this as a player welfare issue in order to garner sympathy from the public, and to counter the backlash from fans and ex players.

Absolutely disgusting PR exercise here that only the dumbest of the dumb would fall for.

Not only that, but they are trying to convince everyone who will listen that all the sin bins from magic round were warranted after review.
Time to start coaching players to dive headfirst into the oppositions torso.

NRL 360 last night basically admitting that this whole head high crackdown is purely to prevent litigation in the future.

Absolute scum of the earth Vlandys and the NRL top dogs for trying to mask this as a player welfare issue in order to garner sympathy from the public, and to counter the backlash from fans and ex players.

Absolutely disgusting PR exercise here that only the dumbest of the dumb would fall for.

Not only that, but they are trying to convince everyone who will listen that all the sin bins from magic round were warranted after review.
Time to start coaching players to dive headfirst into the oppositions torso.
Vlady's has links with the betting industry - if last week's games weren't about match fixing I'm not here.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • Brocko
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Shane Tronc
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • tajhay
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.