Domestic Cricket 12/13

Bulls rolled Tassie for 95 and are currently 6/240 with Khawaja unbeaten on 104. Feldman and Cutting took 4 wickets each as well

Great effort from Khawaja on what's said to be a really difficult wicket.

If he continues to play well he'll be back in the mix.

It is inevitable he will get another chance sooner rather than later. I get the feeling once he gets a good score for us in a Test he will play a lot more freely like we see in Shield and in Ryobi Cup, his first crack at Test Cricket was blighted by very negative/tentative batting which isn't really his go when he is playing well. Reminds me a bit of Hayden in his first stint, played to keep his wicket rather than trusting his game.

It is inevitable he will get another chance sooner rather than later. I get the feeling once he gets a good score for us in a Test he will play a lot more freely like we see in Shield and in Ryobi Cup, his first crack at Test Cricket was blighted by very negative/tentative batting which isn't really his go when he is playing well. Reminds me a bit of Hayden in his first stint, played to keep his wicket rather than trusting his game.

I think you've nailed it. At least Khawaja won't need to wait as long as Haydos did to get back in the test team

Queensland won by an innings and 123 runs.

Khawaja ended up with 138 runs and the bowlers made short work of the Tassie batsmen. Young gun Gannon ended up with 8 wickets for the match.

The Bulls back on top of the Shield table. It is a beautiful sight.

Queensland require 17 runs from 17 balls with 5 wickets in hand.

Carn boys!

Since when can bowlers bowl more than 10 overs in a one dayer?

Geeze Benny Laughlin is a great one day bowler. 1/10 off the final 3 overs.

Great win by the Bulls. I didn't give them a chance but they got the job done.

Bulls playing NSW in the shield today. They've batted first and are 4/34 they were 2/0 at one stage. I am surprised they batted first considering they went in with 5 front line bowlers.

I suppose they want last bowl on a pitch they expect to rapidly deteriorate given the inclusion of Boyce and 'Rtiz. Interesting to open with Burns..

NSW take first innings points and currently stand at 6/291 with a lead of 48 runs.

Smith 90*
Haddin 73
Nevill 55

Anything amiss with Boycey? The pitch would be currently at its best for batting, I'm backing the Bulls to hit back.

3/70 at lunch still trailing by a few runs. Need something special to win outright from here

Only ended up losing that particular Shield match by two wickets.

Thankfully we were able to square it up in Ryobi. Hartley & Khawaja got us off to a great start & Gannon once again starred with the ball. You don't hear a lot about him but he seems to be a very solid economical player in some fine form. Amazes me how little our bowlers rate a mention when it comes to Test selection.

I'd prefer for them to build a case for selection as opposed to beings DK's flavour of the month

I'm with ya Browny, I'm thinking more about a guy like Cutting. How he isn't firmly entrenched in the squad does my head in, especially when guys like Hazlewood and Cummins are just thrown into the deep end....or bloody Hastings!

Unread

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Huge
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • john1420
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.