eel's want to breech salary cap!?

Eels want to breech salary cap.

I think Heffalump would be a great CEO.

Re: Eels want to breech salary cap.

THE NRL will block a radical Parramatta attempt to sign Israel Folau by breaking the club's salary cap next season and South Sydney could be waiting to pounce.
lThe Rabbitohs have expressed a private interest in signing Folau if the NRL cannot register the Eels deal.
Sources close to Folau's management team said their client was "open" to the idea of representing Souths next season, despite his first preference being Parramatta.
South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson said only yesterday: "We don't make comment in regards to our recruitment."

More >>> daily telegraph

But we don't have a draft... That's like saying if we had a magical pink elephant that ruled over the NRL and decided which player played where, he/she would mandate that folau will go to parra because he/she has a soft spot for eels

My point was being pro draft rather than talking bullshit

South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson said only yesterday: "We don't make comment in regards to our recruitment."

But what about the 100s of google results regarding the Inglis signing...

Also, can someone explain to me how the Eels can afford a smaller cap in 2014? That's when Hopoate joins, so how is it going to be more feasible with Hopoate than without?

Also, can someone explain to me how the Eels can afford a smaller cap in 2014? That's when Hopoate joins, so how is it going to be more feasible with Hopoate than without?

It's called cheating

Is Brian Waldon the treasurer at Souths and Parra? :huh:

I heard it was an accountant from Leighton's and signed off by Slater and Gordon.

Anonymous Person said:
the game is going to hell anyway

The game has survived Super League & Salary Cap rorts, banning the shoulder charge is small potatos.

I want to know how Parramatta can't afford 400K? They've lost Hindmarsh & Poore who were both on marquee deals, lost Burt who wouldn't have been too cheap. They also recently released Horo & E. Tonga so I don't know how they've spent around $4.7-$5 Million when the only players of note are Hayne, Tonga, Sandow, Mannah & Moi Moi. Something doesn't add up, either Nolan truly is terrible at his job and is paying supreme overs to attract guys like Lussick over or Parra are just crying wolf.

Last edited:

They could have scaled contracts meaning the rise didn't provide any real increase.

Even taking that into account how much have they got locked up into those 5 players?

I can understand Hayne being on a million, but surely Sandow, Tonga, Moi Moi & Mannah aren't on around $500K each?

If they're paying the rest of the roster anything close to 200K they're ripping themselves off.

The game has survived Super League & Salary Cap rorts, banning the shoulder charge is small potatos.

I want to know how Parramatta can't afford 400K? They've lost Hindmarsh & Poore who were both on marquee deals, lost Burt who wouldn't have been too cheap. They also recently released Horo & E. Tonga so I don't know how they've spent around $4.7-$5 Million when the only players of note are Hayne, Tonga, Sandow, Mannah & Moi Moi. Something doesn't add up, either Nolan truly is terrible at his job and is paying supreme overs to attract guys like Lussick over or Parra are just crying wolf.

I would say the have to pay massive overs. For instance, lussick was well in demand when he was off contract, he was getting big money offers from alot of clubs... I can't imagine he went to the wooden spoon rabble that are the eels because he wanted to make a difference

Even taking that into account how much have they got locked up into those 5 players?

I can understand Hayne being on a million, but surely Sandow, Tonga, Moi Moi & Mannah aren't on around $500K each?

If they're paying the rest of the roster anything close to 200K they're ripping themselves off.

Well it's been confirmed pretty much that sandow is on 500k

Are you making up Hayne's salary? If not that's an outrageous amount to pay a player. I reckon only Smith or Thurston would be worth that money.

I think I remember reading how Inglis was the first $1M dollar player in the NRL at Souffs, or something like that.

Just speculation pwn. I wouldn't be surprised given players like GI are earning that much, it wouldn't take a lot from his manager to get the Eels to pump that kind of money into him. Right now, he basically is Parramatta, if he left it'd destroy some of their supporters. Personally, I reckon it'd probably be for the best long-term, they need to discover their inner Billy Beane's and go from there.

b4l - I wouldn't be surprised about Sandow, although I thought it was just some rumour Crowe started after Sandow chose to leave.

Sandow $550,000 a year . inglis 1st 1 million$per year player at rabbits probly . but not 1st million per year player in nrl . i think your over a decade to late for that grab

Active Now

• davidp
  • barker
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Inknition
  • Harry Sack
  • Shane Tronc
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrMoore
  • Big Del
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Battler
  • broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • BroncosAlways
  • phoenix
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.