PLAYER Ezra Mam

Don’t know who told you that, but such an error wouldn’t even be picked up until a brief was requested, meaning the test would already have been completed and a certificate produced. The onus is then on defence to serve notice on the commissioner they intend to challenge the certificate and produce evidence to the court the sample was unlawfully obtained.

The court then has to consider whether to exclude the evidence or admit it guided by the relevant authority for such a situation (Bunning v Cross [1978] HCA 22, 141 CLR 54) (HCA) and in such a situation the evidence is very unlikely to be excluded because of a mere technical error on a label, especially if there is no supporting evidence that such error was intentional.

In the modern blood kits we use, the only vial of relevance (the one that actually stores the blood and has the powder inside it that keeps the blood from coagulating / decomposing) is pre-labelled and isn’t even written on. The seal is merely the lid, there is no extra ‘seal’ to be placed on it. It then goes into an outer protective tube and then a packing box to be sent off to the JTC. There are a few stickers to be placed onto them, with the exhibit number and one in your notebook for later reference and that is it.

There is a reason why Section 80 of the TORUM Act 1995 is so ludicrously long and correcting the issues you’ve mentioned above is what the Parliament has done via legislation. The chances of finding such a ‘loophole’ nowadays is practically nil and then you have the case law above to support you on top of that.
I have always assumed that any evidence must meet a standard, a chain of custody etc, to prove it didn't get tampered with. It's actually good to hear that this is not an issue in these cases. Sounds like the procedure is a lot less fiddly also.

How about the innocent Uber Driver losing his income and car, the family inside it including a small child to hospital. Mam will have no insurance, unlicenced, failed drug test. Fies /Penalties will never be paid by him Broncs "Slush Fund"bails them out every time. l They will cry rehabilitatiom for him. Precedents already exist at Broncs for bad behavior , even in Bali.

what about the uber driver.

even if insurance doesn't cover this, then i'm pretty sure Mam has the financial means to get his car fixed / replaced tomorrow.

absolute worst case scenario is that the Uber driver sues Mam and wins his money that way.

all this of course assuming Mam is at fault in this accident and we won't know that until the police investigation is completed

what about the uber driver.

even if insurance doesn't cover this, then i'm pretty sure Mam has the financial means to get his car fixed / replaced tomorrow.

absolute worst case scenario is that the Uber driver sues Mam and wins his money that way.

all this of course assuming Mam is at fault in this accident and we won't know that until the police investigation is completed
Umm, have you seen the footage? Is anybody else on the forum in the "mam is not at fault" camp?

Didn't Wayne do similar with Dane Gagai when he was a youngster? Got rid of him tor multiple stuff ups. Worked out well for Dane.

Remember when Ian Lacey got punted for doing some dumb shit? It was him and some other muppet if I remember correctly?!

comparing apples and oranges.

neither were first time offenders.

Griffin sacked Gagai for repeatedly turning up late and/or missing training altogether.

Lacey was officially sacked after being charged with grievous bodily harm after assaulting a man. IIRC he had previous incident prior to getting the sacked (including drunk driving)

Umm, have you seen the footage? Is anybody else on the forum in the "mam is not at fault" camp?

nope I haven't.

but in this country you are innocent until proven guilty, So i'll wait until the investigation is completed rather than getting my information from the likes of Badel

A similar incident happened today near Wamuran leaving 2 people dead and another critical.. hope Ezra sees this and realises his dumb behaviour could have similar consequences.

A major consideration is how our major sponsors view the current behaviour of our so called superstars.
The clubs reputation is tarnished due to these fukwits.

I'm sure they will be unhappy with it, but as it stands being in business with the Broncos is still very good for them.

Reputations can recover. If Ezra goes on to have a killer year where he's the best 5/8 in the comp, I guarantee all will be forgiven.

He won't be sacked and this will blow over.

Didn't Wayne do similar with Dane Gagai when he was a youngster? Got rid of him tor multiple stuff ups. Worked out well for Dane.
Pretty sure Hook booted him. Which I really respected at the time but grew to regret over time. I guess you can’t make an example out of Gagai then sign a guy like Barba without creating mixed messages

Active Now

• mieko
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Santa
  • Gaz
  • Robboi_321
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.