Finals Week 1

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
Can't use scum any more, it has been deemed "too offensive" by NRL and the PC media.

Yet, I am a dole bludging, petrol drinking, wife beating, gutter sleeping, illiterate, toothless Souths supporter according to comments on social media. I took out all the racism ones that don't really impact on me, as I am white.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Storm are scum though, it's not offensive if it's true.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Can't wait for the game this afternoon 2 very good teams going hammer and tongs to avoid elimination, I enjoy elimination finals a lot more than qualifying ones. Hope the Sharks win :001_tt2:

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Two softish tries a piece so far.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Sharks lead 12-8 HT.

They've been the better team so far. Cows looking a touch below, they need JT to get more involved but he's been well scouted so far.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
The cowboys last 2 sets of six were pretty ordinary, let's hope they pick it up in the 2nd.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah thats the kind of sets of six I expect from us not from the Cowboys who are still in this but not if they put in efforts like that.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Refs shitting it up again this game. Sharks score off a 7 tackle set, penalties penalties penalties, same as usual. Remember when rugby league was fun to watch? Seems like so long ago.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Been a pretty controversial game some very questionable calls have gone both ways. Cronulla look a lot more comfortable as some of the Cowboys aren't adjusting to Finals footy. Should be a good second half.

Funny commentary by Wally before the game: "The sharks have had a dissapointing end to the season". Mate they won 5 from their last 7 games.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
I thought the reffing last season was bad, its been absolutely ****house this year.
Yeh I thought they couldn't possibly do any worse this year than last, but its like they went out to prove everyone wrong.

They need to take a page out of the origin ref rule book and just out the whistle away and actually let the players decide the game. Wo cares if there's a hand on the ball when the guy is getting up to play the ball? Who cares if someone comes up with the foot while the attacker is still being tackled? Just let them play ffs.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
That was a bad call Tupuo was contesting that.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It's the inconsistency that really gets it for me, take the shoulder charge, some of the tackles ruled a shoulder charge have been an absolute disgrace like that one we got in our last game against the Dogs, that was never ever ever a shoulder charge. Then there's the bloody held calls, I've seen players with the ball carry it for 3-4 metres while being called held multiple times only to lose the ball(most likely intentionally) and get a penalty from it or refs not calling held for ages when a tackle hasn't really been completed and then the player has to go back and play it.

Last edited:
Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Is this a joke? Seriously, are we all being played or something?

first carney drops it cold while trying to play the ball and the ref gives it back and says he was trying to pass it so its play on, then they penalise graham for tackling in the air when all he did was legitimately contest the bomb.

Its just incredible how wrong these refs are so often, and how much they are influencing the results. At this rate the grand final is almost a certainty to have one team robbed of the premiership by referee decisions.

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.