vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting changes to the dynamic of this game with the late outs.

Roberts is a bit of a loss, he's not as consistent as I'd like but he's one player you can put a play up for if you need to jag a try (kick through or set play off a scrum).

We don't get that with Kahu but I think we're probably going to be a bit more effective throughout with his ability to go himself or set up Pearson.

As far as Cowboys changes go, I think they're probably suffering a bit more. Lowe is incredibly consistent and generally a real handful for us in that edge. Hess has the potential to be really damaging with his size but he doesn't have the synergy with the players around him, nor the work rate.

If Winterstein is out, I'd personally prefer they played Ponga. Moga is probably off the pace but his experience will help.

From what I've seen Ponga has speed and a great step/footwork but he's still slight of build. They've already lost Linnett, and if we can do a job on KP, they'll lose a lot in the tough carries they're used to in their outside backs. Take that away and we can set our defence better, limiting their opportunity to have their big boppers wind up and break us through the middle.

Even so, going to be a battle up there.

Cows were due injuries, it's just come at the wrong time. I'm sooo confident in our boys THIS game it's not funny.

@CaptainHook 'Chicken Legs' Cecchin is in charge of Friday's game.

Brisbane's 2016 Record Under Cecchin.
1 Win, 2 Losses

Round 1 vs Parramatta
Round 12 vs Tigers
Round 20 vs Panthers

North Queensland's 2016 Record Under Cecchin
3 Wins, 0 Losses

Round 7 vs Rabbitohs
Round 16 vs Sea Eagles
Round 26 vs Titans
This is how the NRL ensure that the Broncos don't get the rub of the green this week and outrage even more media types.
Sigh.

certainly working on broncos fans at least

Cows were due injuries, it's just come at the wrong time. I'm sooo confident in our boys THIS game it's not funny.

I'd like to be confident but im doing my best to not get any hopes up, it's going to be a hell of a task

Ethan Lowe out with neck injury , more good news for our broncos.

Kalyn Ponga back up for another person which the broncos need to look out for if he plays he has some freaky moves for a young fella.

Isn't Ponga like 80kg's??? Hope he's marking up on Goates lol...

Isn't Ponga like 80kg's??? Hope he's marking up on Goates lol...

Marking up on Pearson.

It would be great if he was marking up on Oates. Would have been like Vinuvalu vs Kodi... Unfortunately, Green won't break up that O'Neill/Feldt combo on the right.

Last edited:
Marking up on Pearson.

It would be great if he was marking up on Oates. Would have been like Vinuvalu vs Kodi... Unfortunately, Green won't break up that O'Neill/Feldt combo on the right.
Pearson is not a tiny guy either...

I'm curious.

Can we break two finals hoodoos in consecutive years?

Last year we broke our finals hoodoo against the Cowboys. This year, we're facing the possibility of breaking our finals hoodoo against the Cowboys away from home...

Fox Sports has confirmed that Winterstein is out and Kayln Ponga will debut on the wing.

Time to bomb the shit outta Ponga !!

Pearson is not a tiny guy either...

I know.

Has 10 kilos on Ponga, same height. It could benefit us.

But still, would have been better if he was marking up on Oates.

Last edited:
Has Ponga even played wing before....like ever?

Cows are now heavily depleted, with JT and Scott also carrying injury. This is as good a chance as any

Last edited:
I'd rather Moga was playing tbh..

I wouldn't be kicking long to Ponga. Keep it away from him and let him take hit ups, not kick returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Alec
  • MrTickyMcG
  • marw
  • Robboi_321
  • Jazza
  • Astro
  • Mick_Hancock
  • mrslong
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • scobie
  • Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Rambstien
  • Aldo
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.