vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've yet to hear one commentator predict a Broncos win as a matter of fact all I've heard is prediction of being pumped.

I've yet to hear one commentator predict a Broncos win as a matter of fact all I've heard is prediction of being pumped.

Cherry-evens tipped us on the round table, that's all I've seen though

Who tipped us in round 25...sound of crickets

Only remember Murdoch-Masila due to fantasy reasons. I was in one of those competitions that was really full-on and you had to manage a team like it was a Rugby League club. I inherited this team with Murdoch-Masila and what would you know, the guy debuts in a final.

He made for easy trade bait.

Speaking of memories...

Does anyone else remember a Storm-Rabbitohs final from 2013 and all the dud decisions in that game? I remember Melbourne caught the brunt of a lot of dud decisions but don't recall the media shedding a tear for them.

Does that jog anyone elses memory? Or am I miss remembering?

EDIT: Watching the Sterlo replay.

Paraphrasing what's being said

Sterlo - I haven't been impressed with the Broncos form the past six weeks.... outside of the Melbourne game.

Braith - They've been flat for mine and they're not playing to the same level they were this time last year. If you want to win a premiership, that's the intensity you've got to play at and they only just fell short.

Blocker - I actually think they're going to play better than expected. Their attention to detail was lacking against the Titans. I'll give you an example, they had first grab at the kicks and yet they gave away three tries. I think they'll fix that up.

Sterlo - Key player for Brisbane is Adam Blair, he'll put pressure on Thurston.

Braith - The advantage North Queensland have over Brisbane is their kicking game. It's an area Brisbane have struggled with for years while Johnathan Thurston, Lachlan Coote, Jake Granville and Michael Morgan are quite adept. They have options where as the Broncos are lacking. Thurston has forced 29 goal-line drop outs, Hunt and Milford only 25 in total.

Sterlo - If I was Brisbane, I'd take a page out of Penrith's playbook and just run the football.

Last edited:
Well, I see this really simply. We turn up to play to win for the full 80 and we have a great chance.

Screw the refs and officials .... and other excuses .... we are up against the defending premiers, playing on their home turf, against possibly the best half in the game with a fabulous kicking game and a determination to win that is 2nd to none, a slippery, talented 5/8, a 1st class FB, an all round great 4-prong kicking game (if you include Granville) which earns multiple repeat sets week in, week out and, our defence when we matched them last year is nowhere near as good as then .... so yeah, I'm nervous despite who they have out injured but, what a game it will be IF we turn up to win!

The defensive line must be aggressive and Ben Hunt has to continue finding form.

Ultimately the difference between winning and losing will be Anthony Milford.

Honestly, we are lacking in repeat sets but I don't want to see us force the issue tomorrow.

As we all know, the grubber rarely pays off for us. Better to run the ball on the last, turn over if we have to, then hard, suffocating defence. Rinse and repeat, still draining for the opposition.

As far as I recall the grubbers result in either tries or turnovers. A lot of the time we get tries.

Alex Glenn scored off a Ben Hunt grubber after JRobs "kick"

Paraphrasing what's being said

Sterlo - I haven't been impressed with the Broncos form the past six weeks.... outside of the Melbourne game.

Braith - They've been flat for mine and they're not playing to the same level they were this time last year. If you want to win a premiership, that's the intensity you've got to play at and they only just fell short.

Blocker - I actually think they're going to play better than expected. Their attention to detail was lacking against the Titans. I'll give you an example, they had first grab at the kicks and yet they gave away three tries. I think they'll fix that up.

Sterlo - Key player for Brisbane is Adam Blair, he'll put pressure on Thurston.

Braith - The advantage North Queensland have over Brisbane is their kicking game. It's an area Brisbane have struggled with for years while Johnathan Thurston, Lachlan Coote, Jake Granville and Michael Morgan are quite adept. They have options where as the Broncos are lacking. Thurston has forced 29 goal-line drop outs, Hunt and Milford only 25 in total.

Sterlo - If I was Brisbane, I'd take a page out of Penrith's playbook and just run the football.

All of that is correct. Maybe Blair being the key player is a big call.

I think our best chance of winning is definitely throwing the ball around a bit more. If we try to play too structured, we go into an armwrestle against a side superior at it. Although this probably applies a lot more to versing Melbourne...but still, trying to catch Cowboys off guard is our best chance IMO.

Doesn't Paul Green pre - warn the refs about Blair sailing too close to the wind when around Thurston ?

Brisbane by 1 $23 or Cows by 1 $21 could it happen again?

This game could of course come down to goal kicking. Does JT kick even better in Townsville?

Itsssssss timeee!! Game day y'all. Let's buck these cowboys!!

damn I'm nervous about the game tonight ! I just hope they start the game well instead of having to come back from 2 tries again. I hope to see an performance similar to the game against melbourne a few weeks ago!

Ponga is playing on the wing in place of Wintersein. Could be dangerous! Hopefully we put Oates up against him..

When we are feeding the scrum we should mark Oates against Ponga, and get Oates to have a massive run up against him, he would kill Ponga. But this will probably not happen.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • Dash
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.