Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Guys that game was super tough obviously. I'm sickened the ref didn't call Morgan for offside in the death. That would have been a different story.

R

Rhino1001

QCup Player
Sep 26, 2015
Are some of you forgetting when hunt took hit ups inside our 20m mutliple times, as noone else was putting their hand up. Our problem is our kicking and game management and the refs.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Edit

Last edited by a moderator:
M

moodos

Sep 16, 2016
Jesus fucking Christ! That was the most infuriating Broncs butcher job that I have ever seen. So much selfishness amongst our leaders. It's real fucking simple... Possession, possession, possession and they fucking turn the ball over with gay abandon when they're in the driver's seat. And i'm sorry, but as much as I love them both.. What the **** was Wayne Bennett doing carrying Corey Parker as a passenger at the back-end of both halves when there was destructive fresh legs sitting on the bench in Pangai Jr. Great forum. Thanks so much for the platform to rant. Can't wait for next year. One year closer to the fucking end of Ben Hunt's contract

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It's a shame that the game had to come down to two calls and they didn't go our way but that's just footy. I thought it was a super game of footy, Brisbane came out like a house on fire but the Cowboys worked their way back into it. Really, if it wasn't for a couple of moments from the Cowboys, I thought they were head and shoulders the better team on the park. Brisbane did well to hold on as long as they did.

I don't agree with blaming anyone player for the loss. Whether it's Parker, Gillett, Boyd, Oates, Opacic, Milford, Hunt that's just rubbish. They all put in, the problem was the team just lacked composure and patience. They were also up against an amazing performance from Taumalolo, one of the best of the year and JT is one of the best to ever lace on a pair of boots.

Can't fault the effort from the boys. Just about lost my voice when Oates broke clear and feel bad that it came down to a few moments ultimately. That's our season, but then again I had a hard time envisioning us going all the way after the Penrith game.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
We really needed Roberts speed at the end

Last edited:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
so does WB have an ace up his sleeve with the roster or what? like I mentioned elsewhere, this wasn't a one-off

im not 'experienced' enough to really 'recall' (though I remember) the late 80s/early 90s, but was it ever so ominous that all it took was enough patience and faith from WB that it was only a matter of time?

is it something critical or profound equal to dumping a 'king' to shuffle the line-up to make the difference?

I cant stop watching this team but by Christ its so hard to not see this kind of thing happening on constant loop...

we had the ****s on the ropes on and off (sorry no way Taylor does any better right there... how far down the track, if ever, I wouldn't know)

by the way im starting to want to feed JT and morgan to the sharks more than Pearce Gallen and the refs. Taumolololol is a god, good on him, cant even hate.

I don't want to get too much into the Late 80's/early 90's cause it might go off topic but bringing a new franchise in is a hard comparison where the majority of players were used to the Brisbane competition which granted was superior to the current intrust cup, wasn't to the same standard of the NSWRL, Players had to adjust and you had a mixture of the younger players alongside the seasoned campaigners in Lewis, Miles, Conescu, Dowling etc who were at either their peak or nearing the end of their careers.

The Lewis decision was an extremely tough one to make because the club needed to look to the future and the salary cap had just been introduced. Do you keep on the older players who are nearing the end of their careers, have serious injury concerns or do you concentrate on locking up your key players for the future for which the club had a staggering amount to keep. A lot of criticism was directed at the club, especially Bennett for it but the truth is tough decisions needed to be made.

For 2017 we have a ton of players off contract, Bennett will review the past two seasons and consider who he believes fits into the clubs future, some decisions people will like, some they won't, have to wait and see.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
We missed 42 tackles compared to 18 according to NRL Stats.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Cows went from being down 4-1 down in the penalty count to up 7-4. Amazing show of discipline to not give away a single penalty in the second half.

At least channel nine got good television. The wrong side lost the super league war.

R

Rhino1001

QCup Player
Sep 26, 2015
I am hoping either Panthers or raiders win now as they both play unstructured football. But like others have said it is Melbournes to lose.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
How exactly do you get worse than Ben Hunt as a Halfback? There's nobody in the current game of Rugby League who is as incompetent as a primary play maker, he's actually a stat padder, plays absolute dog shit for 70 minutes every game and then gets some arsey try assists in the last 10 minutes when the forwards are tired and our other players have already won us the game by themselves.

Have you been reading the news on Foran lately?

Do yourself a favour, go and do some reading and tell me how someone like that will make things better.

These problems aren't just on the field, they are also off the field, and Foran is a fucking mess off the field.

Last edited:
N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
F****ing angry

Good game while the contest genuinely lasted about 40 mins. Half-time came and the refs changed their mind on a fair ruck interpretation, amazing penalty count turn around and ignorance of basic offside rule... Amazing change one would almost think there was corruption in the NRL, but that would never happen.

Broncs have no excuses though. Milford was horrid, when are people going to realise he is not a five-eight, he can't defend can't organise. You can't have two running halves. Boyd is over-rated as a fullback, isn't fast enough to support a break, doesn't clean up kicks. Be a great centre though if Daddy is prepared to hurt his feelings and move him. And let's leave the better bench forward on the bench and put a couple years away from useful plodder on in Arrow. And who needs 17 players when the other 16 can barely walk... Wayne may be a great man manager supposedly but s**t tactical choices. Roberts needs to offer himself to be kicked by every fan who wishes on Mad Monday as retribution for his stupidity.

Dont know why would bother with a team that lets the NRL walk all over it despite being the biggest money maker and a coach and players not prepared to do what it takes to win the big games.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • lynx000
  • Morkel
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Shane Tronc
  • Manofoneway
  • Skyblues87
  • Mr Fourex
  • Gaz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.