Wonder if it is pinned to everyone's locker at Red Hill

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Flutterby said:
Wonder if it is pinned to everyone's locker at Red Hill

maybe they should wallpaper the dressing sheds at Lang Park and Red Hill with both of the foxsports articles [icon_razz1

Burg

Burg

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
This was my favorite bit This year shapes as an interesting one for the Gold Coast AFL franchise's feeder team. A broken captain in Darren Lockyer, an injured superstar in Justin Hodges, and a coach who will spend another season desperately hoping no one finds out how unqualified he is. We lose one player and now we are a feeder team for AFL? Broken captain, did Locky turn into Humpty Dumpty and nobody told me? Henjack unqualified, WTF???

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
So many doubters for the Broncs before a ball is kicked this season... sounds awfully familiar to 2006 I reckon.

=)

I have to admit - it would really be special if we won the title this year. Of course every title is, but I reckon if we get one more with the king as captain it would just be all too much for the Broncs. Definitely emotional stuff!!!

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Love it - all this is giving us the much loved underdog tag, which the b-roncs relish sooooooo much, yeah give it to us for the whole year, can't wait to see how this goes icon_thumbs_u

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
It's great. It happens every year and we prove them wrong. It's as good as Willie Mason's yearly sledging at Origin time and how he promotes himself as being the smasher of all things Maroon. Love it.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
every year, by round 10, experts have us winning the comp lol. Its so predictable.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Very predictable indeed Penny. 'Experts' such as Alexander (huge lolz) have been tipping us to miss the finals every year since the late-90's/early naughties. Their reasons are always the same and they'll stick at it every season until they finally get it right.

Personally, I love it. I also love hearing the deflated voices of these blokes in commentary or on panel shows when Brisbane are doing well or giving their opponent a good old rogering.

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
every year, by round 10, experts have us winning the comp lol. Its so predictable.

Vossy loves that one.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
draggx said:
The Adjudicator says: "This year shapes as an interesting one for the Gold Coast AFL franchise's feeder team. A broken captain in Darren Lockyer, an injured superstar in Justin Hodges, and a coach who will spend another season desperately hoping no one finds out how unqualified he is. It all sounds so dire - and it is - but they're still the Broncos. And for that reason alone, they remain a force."

Really? your paid to say stupid shit like that?
What a fucking dickhead tbh! How can someone say shit like that, that's border line defamatory isn't it? A broken captain? Your journalism, if you can even call it that, is the only thing that's broken.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
What a **** dickhead tbh! How can someone say shit like that, that's border line defamatory isn't it? A broken captain? Your journalism, if you can even call it that, is the only thing that's broken.

Swiiiing.... and a miss.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Just an update on this "prediction" by Greg Alexander, he's now predicted the bottom 9 of the comp:

# 9th: 'It will all rest on Farah and Marshall for the Tigers'
# 10th: 'Knights have a balanced squad across their list'
# 11th: 'Cowboys season sits on the back of Thurston'
# 12th: 'Broncos will miss finals for first time in 19 years'
# 13th: 'The Roosters will improve with their signings'
# 14th: 'The Raiders have got to learn how to travel'
# 15th: 'The Sharks don't have enough go-to men'
# 16th: 'The Warriors are in for a tough season'

So his top 8 is (in no particular order):

Bulldogs
Dragons
Storm
Titans
Rabbitohs
Panthers
Parramatta
Manly

If he doesn't draw attention to the fact that Manly is fucked if their forwards ever don't hold their own because they have **** all halves or outside backs;
And if he doesn't draw attention to the fact Hayne went riot last year because his forwards went well and Mortimer directed things...and if their forwards perform like they did at the start of last year they're fucked;
And if he doesn't draw attention to the fact the Rabbitohs have often had big offseason spending sprees and it doesn't translate to on field performance (and Lang hasn't coached at the top level for a few years);
And if he doesn't mention that the Panthers forward pack is popgun and ageing and thus potentially cancelling out their dynamic backline;

Then he's a chump.

Oh wait, he is a chump!

Seriously, the only 4 teams who I think are certainties for the top 8 are the Bulldogs, Dragons, Titans and Storm. Last year's top 4. I don't know they'll all finish top 4 again, but they'll definitely be in the 8.

And of his list, I think he really underrates the Raiders. They've got a great pack of forwards, a very talented playmaker in Campese, and some tryscoring outside backs. They won't be a premiership threat but it's not the worst team they've had in the last decade and they've made the finals more often than they've missed out (6 out of 10 years).

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
His full list is in the Big League Season Preview magazine which I bought yesterday as I do every year - mainly to make sure there are players going around that are actually older than me...I think I'm down to 5 and a half this year (Preston Campbell and I were born on the same day)

I won't "spoil" the surprise of telling everyone who his top 8 are as I'm sure no-one gives a shit what he thinks anyway!

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
The Gymp said:
It does mean something. Most Dally M's go to the best or near best player on the form of that season. Although the lack of one in Lockyer's trophy cabinet is a gross oversight. Orford was very good the year he won the medal, the game's best player absolutely not but he did lead a very good Manly side around the paddock to the top of the pile and outside of his consistently poor showings in big games (barring the 08' semi's and grand final) he is a very consistent halfback who lays a lot of tries on for his side.

That sound you hear is your own foot being blown off. lol

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Coxy said:
Yeah.

I'm not saying Mortimer was the real match winner and Hayne didn't deserve his regular 3 point awards from the journos. For the casual, half hearted observer (as sports journalists are) he was the most dominant player on the field because he was scoring a lot of the tries and making the breaks etc.

To those who actually understand rugby league, they could acknowledge the work of Mortimer, Keating, Moi Moi, Hindmarsh, Cayless etc that set the foundation for Hayne to do what he did.

In particular Moi Moi, he was so damaging in that run to the finals.

shadow

shadow

NYC Player
May 9, 2009
there is no way we finish lower than the cowboys, knights and tigers. hopeless analysis GA.

Beachy

Beachy

QCup Player
Mar 6, 2008
Coxy said:
Just an update on this "prediction" by Greg Alexander ...

So his top 8 is (in no particular order):

Bulldogs
Dragons
Storm
Titans
Rabbitohs
Panthers
Parramatta
Manly

He's an absolute clown. Biased as hell. Puts the Panthers in every year.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Yeah well wait until you see just how high he rates the Panthers this year...

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Socnorb
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Lostboy
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Lurker
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • Tim K
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Spooky1013
  • Jazza
  • Mustafur
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.