NEWS Haas gets pay bump, long term deal in holding pattern

News LTD is reporting the Broncos board will formally approve a 3 year extension to Payne Haas' existing contract to tie him up for another 6 years. Money not mentioned, but there is talk of grooming him for future captaincy. The deal appears to be done, but won't be formally announced until after the season. It will be the longest contract in the Broncos' 33 year history.

Walters:

“Payne is a natural leader, not so much with his words but his actions. He is never far off the ball whether it’s attack or defence. When you are building a premiership team, you need middle forwards like Payne Haas. The Storm have Jesse Bromwich. The Roosters have Jared Waerea-Hargreaves. Every top team has a dominant prop."

“Payne is a remarkable forward, he has a great work ethic. He wants to win at all costs and that’s what we need throughout the whole club.”

Ikin:

“Payne is a special player. He is a powerhouse, he leads from the front on the field in one of the toughest positions you can play in a game. He brings his best to every training session and every match. He is world class. He is the guy others in the club look to. He does it with his leadership and it’s based on actions. He performs with great humility."

“Payne has this view on the world where he is committed to doing things for others, he is very cognisant of the fact he is part of a team. As single-minded as you need to be to succeed in the front row, Payne has this great affinity for his teammates and they really recognise that. It is innate in Payne. He is leading for others. It‘s not just all about him. He has some magnificent traits as a leader.”

Greg Alexander:

“Having seen him in the NSW set-up, I’ve seen Payne’s attitude. When you sign someone for a long time, you have to consider will they handle things emotionally and does it matter how much they are paid from year to year? The player’s performances would have to stay consistent and I see that in Payne. It wouldn’t matter how much he was paid or how long for, I know Payne would do the job week in, week out.”

McHunt

We get a shit ton of news and we have a shit ton of fans. The two tend to go together. More people are interested in the Broncos than any other club. I'm okay with that. I'll read anything about the Broncos, no matter who shitty it is. Contrast that with living in Melbourne.
Yeah I must say I do read everything I can about the Broncos. I hate the spin and controversy they like to gin up, just tell me we have him thanks lol.

Lol Tallis on the Matty Johns show saying "well what do you pay a front rower, I always thought those million dollar players have to be your halfbacks, the guys doing it week in week out"

They should've mentioned Fifita.

We get a shit ton of news and we have a shit ton of fans. The two tend to go together. More people are interested in the Broncos than any other club. I'm okay with that. I'll read anything about the Broncos, no matter who shitty it is. Contrast that with living in Melbourne and having to suffer wall to wall AFL.

Not surprising you'd bag out the AFL, their journalists leave NRL 'journalists' for dead. Well thought out articles, non-misleading headlines and stories clearly labelled as opinions when they are opinions, backed up by facts, stats and quotes or not published. Yep, it is terrible to have to read wall-to-wall coherent, engaging and articulated articles / media coverage.

Not surprising you'd bag out the AFL, their journalists leave NRL 'journalists' for dead. Well thought out articles, non-misleading headlines and stories clearly labelled as opinions when they are opinions, backed up by facts, stats and quotes or not published. Yep, it is terrible to have to read wall-to-wall coherent, engaging and articulated articles / media coverage.

It's AFL, I'd rather read about whatever latest dramas are ripping through Summer Bay. That being said, it might be something to do with the demographic of the average league fan. The ones that can read are going to be enticed by clickbait and fake drama. Oh, and absolutely do want to know how Dick Smith can turn anyone in to a millionaire in 3 months.

Oh my.

A5438586 6FEC 4D7C 9529 42DB1A6F6861

It's AFL, I'd rather read about whatever latest dramas are ripping through Summer Bay. That being said, it might be something to do with the demographic of the average league fan. The ones that can read are going to be enticed by clickbait and fake drama. Oh, and absolutely do want to know how Dick Smith can turn anyone in to a millionaire in 3 months.
How does Dick do it?

Was that Chris Garry - anything new in it?

Michelle Bishop. They showed on old interview where Hass was saying TPJ is his friend & there are things happening behind the scenes. It seemed to be a rehash to cause 'drama'

Michelle Bishop. They showed on old interview where Hass was saying TPJ is his friend & there are things happening behind the scenes. It seemed to be a rehash to cause 'drama'
Starts at 3:40. Nothing you haven't read in this thread. Pretty much what I've been saying - reputable journalist, got it from the club feeling comfortable with their terms:

Here's what she was talking about him not being happy. As seen on BHQ:

Dont know why there is all this drama over Badel, the bloke is a scumbag of the highest order. No respect at all for him. Awful human being.
You take things away too seriously.

He seems like a good enough human being.. he is certainly driven and dedicated to his job.

Careful nothing. He's a grub. Probably won't be the last journalist who is, but he's awful imo. I don't have to have low morals to do my job, it's no excuse for him either.
If it's what you told me, I don't see any need to keep it private. Yours is a reasonable opinion, but it's not really specific to him alone.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • azza.79
  • Footy Fanatic
  • maddo
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • johnny plath
  • mitch222
  • Robboi_321
  • Organix
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.