Is anyone concerned that we might miss the 8?

Burg

Burg

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I think that this is a real possibility and if you look at our matches it won’t be as easy as it looked only a few weeks ago. Yes we will have Hodges back but he has only played a couple of games in 3 months, no one can expect him to be at his best. Also Hunt, TC and Eastwood return and that gives us more strike power but I wonder if that makes the team a little over confident.

Next match – Titans
The Titans have pretty much had the wood on us and if Locky hadn’t of kicked that long range field goal last year we would have been 0-3. With Prince back our little brothers from the coast always bring something special. Lets not for get that they need to win every game to have any chance of a finals berth so they won’t lack motivation. A real danger game and based upon current form I have my doubts as in our past 2 games we are averaging 50 missed tackles and if the same continues another loss is likely.

Bulldogs
Ok everything points to a comprehensive win here, sound familiar? That’s what everyone thought the last time we played them and we got done. The Bulldogs will fancy themselves against us and will try to salvage something from the year. Also it is an away game which adds a little to the mix. If we take this game too lightly (like last time) we will come up short.

Knights
Again on paper we should get over the Knights, however 2 things reduce my confidence.

1. Brian Smith – He always seems to get the better of Bennett and usually comes up with plays that expose our weaknesses
2. Last match, if wins goes to the favourites in the next 2 matches then it is very possible that the Knights will need this win to make the 8. Again that is huge motivation to get Buderus one more game and make the finals, the Knights will be a very well drilled and desperate football team and that makes them very dangerous indeed.

Thoughts anyone?

Yes, I'm nervous, which I wasn't 2 weeks ago.

I am never nervous about the Broncos making the 8. We have done so every year for over 15 years now and i see no reason to think it wont happen this year.

Bloody oath I'm concerned, esp if we don't win against the tits.

Not concerned at all. Actually I thought fifth was the best we could do but now 4th is still a big chance with the Roosters struggling and having a harder finish.
Any team from 5-8 is always going to be in this position at seasons end because that is the what the salary cap does.

I'm confident we'll make the 8. Friday night is going to be nerve-racking though. Prince's return will lift the GC.

Unless we lose to the titans I couldn't care less, We only need one win from the last three games as our P/D doesn't matter, one win, We'll be 29 we make the 8 simple.

As Rocky said, if we lose to the Tits, then I will become worried. I see them all as very win-able games if we play properly.

I can't see us losing again this year, surely the boys are ready to awake from their slumber.

Once again we find ourselves needing to win our remaining games to ensure we make the eight.

Seems every year we lose important games, that we were supposed to win, that would ensure us of comfortably making it.

Now i think the only good thing about being pushed to perform to win our last few games, is that when we do win them, we'll hit the finals with a bit of solid form.

Here's hoping (fingers crossed)

I still think we'll make the 8 - but if we lose to the Titans I will be so so mad :evil:

I see us winning 2 out of our last 3. The Knights have a good record (minus the 71-6) up here since the move back to Suncorp, they will be desperate and have been in good form excluding the Raiders match where the Raiders were hot on home soil. We will make the 8 but I see us having issues moving far into the series as we are just not playing with the sort of enthusiasm that you need to win tight finals matches.

I am very nervous (What me worry?)

However, I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if the Bulldogs game is the last game we win this year. I think Titans will do us this week.

I can't see us doing anything much even if we do.

Talented side, but the mental toughness just ins't there this year.

That and we aren't well drilled.

Oh and Bennett's going to St George.

Hammo said:
That and we aren't well drilled.

Yea that too.

You only have to look st some of the defensive lapses this year.

Great on occassion, but paper thin on others.

$10, $20, $30 ....

Hammo, nervous? Sure fire bet.

The next St George coach will make sure we we keep winning and that Tunsa comes out of retirement. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Active Now

• Rowdy124
  • Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Maroon4life
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • phoenix
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.