NEWS Jack Bird requests release - free to negotiate elsewhere

All jokes aside what is it with Crawley and Bennett? I know he had something to do with his book or something but fucking hell it is weird.
source.gif

So according to this article, we want to take the captaincy of Boyd, he may remain at six [emoji107], we are moving Turps to 9 but leaving Macca on the bench [emoji107], were looking to offload a bloke who can actually play but we have seen little return from due to injuries [emoji848] And we are chasing a halfback when we probably really need a 6 and to top it off we are looking at Sezer and Townsend for possible million dollar contracts......That's overs for them two.

The only part of this story that really interests me is the possibility of freeing up Birds cash to sign a genuine star but fark knows who that will be.

And the one question being overshadowed by the plodders is, what’s happening with segeyaro?

And the one question being overshadowed by the plodders is, what’s happening with segeyaro?
Was wondering this myself. Current reporting is that Macca is behind Turpin at hooker, which kind of implies a continuation of the half baked shambles of two players sharing the position, except the two players don’t include Segeyaro. But that’s hardly set in stone.

When Malcolm Turnbull repeatedly denied he was going to challenge the PM, what happened next?

I guess I would be more willing to accept the word of a player who had the backing of this club, than a player who is still needing to keep it under wraps.

If Bird leaves along with a few other guys and we suddenly have a couple of mill to play with, I wouldn't be settling for Sezer, Croft or Townsend. We're the Brisbane Broncos, no? Get someone huge.

DCE, Keary, Moses, Brooks, Foran, A.Reynolds would all be guys I'm ringing and offering $800K+

Maybe Ben Hunt might be a dark horse as I'm sure that the Dragons wouldn't mind getting rid of him to get some cap space.. Thoughts?

If Bird leaves along with a few other guys and we suddenly have a couple of mill to play with, I wouldn't be settling for Sezer, Croft or Townsend. We're the Brisbane Broncos, no? Get someone huge.

DCE, Keary, Moses, Brooks, Foran, A.Reynolds would all be guys I'm ringing and offering $800K+

C. Cronk. Retirement postponed for 1 year. Perfect mentor for Dearden.

Bird to Penrith.
I could see Hunt back at Brisbane, not that i want it, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Last edited:
It could work:

1. Milford
6. Hunt
7. Dearden
9. Turpin

Just watched Bird’s highlights reel. He could have been so good for us. Great instincts, great passing and short kicking game, hard running, vision. A complete footballer. Aside from the injuries, what went wrong? What a waste.

Active Now

• leon.bott
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Strop
  • Mustafur
  • HVbronco
  • MrMoore
  • BroncosMan
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • LittleDavey
  • Big Del
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mark H
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.