RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I dont think it matters if burgess had signed with souths or not does it? Hes being picked for the world allstars cause they need 4 poms right?

Technically he's an ex-Union player. I would assume you need to be signed to some form of League club to qualify for the All Stars.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
He'll be at Souths. Russell Crowe rarely misses his man. 3PA being spun as we speak.
We'll keep Copley :)
Rusty's too busy paying for his old wife and keeping his new old lady amused...

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Rusty's too busy paying for his old wife and keeping his new old lady amused...
Yeah . How was that for a package deal. He got Sam back to be a Rabbitoh, but he had to take the cougar.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
He'll be at Souths. Russell Crowe rarely misses his man. 3PA being spun as we speak.

Mate everyone knows your a Souths fan here for a bit of a stir. You're more than welcome here but just drop the act, it isn't fooling anyone

T

The bratts

Dec 19, 2015
Just saw in the news that he will make his decision by Wednesday

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
His decision just keeps getting extended. So frustrating.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
That's exactly right Astro.

As per World All Star rules, you need 4 Poms, 4 Kiwis and 4 Australians.

Which is why the other Burgess brother is playing.

True, but does that extend to players that currently don't have a registered contract?

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013

Weren't you the one talking about how there was no speculation of a player being released to make room for Roberts? So according to you, we were going to keep Copley regardless, making your final comment redundant.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Burgess contract with Souths officially registered.

DigitalDaz

DigitalDaz

QCup Player
Mar 18, 2008
Souths have announced they've signed Hymel Hunt - a centre. That's a promising sign they've missed out on Roberts.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Nah, they will still be able to get Roberts.

Apparently they found all of this extra cash from releasing a couple of players.. Those players were on huge money by the sounds of it.

Steph Louise

Steph Louise

Mar 4, 2014
Souths seem to be the team that get the special treatment in the NRL when it comes to the salary cap.

At first i was so keen to sign Roberts, but right now im over it, and i couldnt care less whether he signs with us or not.

What i would like though, is for him to stop dragging his decision on. So when the boys go back to training after the christmas break, they know exactly who is going to be playing with them and can work on their combinations etc, so we hopefully have another blinder of a year!

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Souths seem to be the team that get the special treatment in the NRL when it comes to the salary cap.

At first i was so keen to sign Roberts, but right now im over it, and i couldnt care less whether he signs with us or not.

What i would like though, is for him to stop dragging his decision on. So when the boys go back to training after the christmas break, they know exactly who is going to be playing with them and can work on their combinations etc, so we hopefully have another blinder of a year!

Yeah I'm completely with you here. Was really excited about the prospect at first but am really over it now. The way he has dragged this out as started to make him look like the immature brat I had hoped he had grown out of.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
True, but does that extend to players that currently don't have a registered contract?

Apparently so.

Nobody had an issue with Bennett selecting him, even though he couldn't even train with Souths.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013

The rorters are still the undisputed champs of getting away with blatant rorting, but Souths are quickly catching them. Hopefully the loss of Luke will have as big of an impact as I think it will, they looked clueless without him last season.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I rate Cook pretty highly, I wouldn't be surprised if that downgrade isn't as noticeable as people are predicting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.