Jarryd Hayne NFL Career

Re: Jarryd Hayne ---> NFL

As much as I disliked him in the NRL, I have to admire the guy for his determination and humility in the NFL.

That said, he was one of the best athletes in the NRL ever, and isn't even close to assuring his spot in the 53 man roster at the 49'ers, who have lost a ton of talent this off season.
Inglis and maybe Folau would be the only other guys I could see being looked at in a game where they have a ton of super talented kids coming through, who have played American Football most of their life.

It's great to see Hayne doing well in America and I'm hoping he achieves his dream.

Hope he kills it. But the scary part is, the NFL can so easily buy any half decent NRL player and just destroy our competition.

But they don't need to. The NFL isn't like the NRL or ARU, they don't need to find superstars. They find the NFL. Plus the games are really nothing alike so even guys like Milford or Thurston wouldn't come close to making it. Honestly, outside of Inglis and maybe Pat Richards I couldn't even see any NRL players come close to making a roster.

That's right , plus the money isn't all that. $435 US for a first season rookie (minimum) . I can't see any reason an NFL club would pay overs for an NRL player who more than likely wouldn't make the roster. If an NRL player was good enough to play NFL he would probably be pulling more than that already.

I just hope he makes it so he can get hit by Clay!

I hated the guy with a passion, mostly due to Origin and also he could be a bit of a dick at times with the headbutts etc. That hate subsided a little due to his fantasy abilities but still wasn't his biggest fan.

Now every time I see a video or hear anything of his NFL aspirations I'm nothing but happy for him and excited as everyone else seems to be. Good on him.

I hated the guy with a passion, mostly due to Origin and also he could be a bit of a dick at times with the headbutts etc. That hate subsided a little due to his fantasy abilities but still wasn't his biggest fan.

Now every time I see a video or hear anything of his NFL aspirations I'm nothing but happy for him and excited as everyone else seems to be. Good on him.

Yeah I felt same way (with a little less hate though)

For me its because he's no longer a NSW NRL tool, but an Australian plying his trade abroad.

Once youve left the country, your an aussie and I'll always support an Aussie tyring to compete overseas (similar to Ambrose in Nascar) - but if he returns to play for any team other than the Broncs its a big :finger:

Unitl then though, good luck mate :takdir:

Saw a highlights reel.

I saw players grasping at air because of his step. But I don't know anything about NFL so I'm not sure if he is going great or not..

He's actually destroying these guys, even though they're only fringe NFL players, he's making most of them look like high school players. He'll make the top 53 for sure, primarily for the story of him moving from Rugby League at such a late age and instantly making it, but he could also be a very useful player.

Anyone have any gifs of Hayne "getting knocked out" whilst playing League? You'd think with a glass jaw like his he would struggle with all of the head contact in the NFL.

Listening to the American commentators trying to talk Aussie...

"Good day, mate"

kRrkfUU.gif

Last edited:

I was born in US and lived there for my 34 years. Besides playing football when younger I obviously watched the game for many a year. He flat out looks like a football player. With his athleticism, some would argue it's just a fluke play here or there but not with the display he has put on so far. The guy just look comfortable. Had a laugh watching him carry the ball today and avoid running our of bounds. Hey Jarrod, it's NFL buddy, you can run out of bounds. Some habits die hard.

That said, I still prefer watching League any day of the week.

Like the coaches are saying though, this is just practice stuff.

If he does make the cut I'm sure oppositions will be looking to flatten him - they don't take kindly to foreigners showing them up.

Uploaded some highlights of Hayne today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Credit where it's due... he's doing much better than I expected. I am fairly confident he will make the 53 roster, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him play a fair few snaps behind Carlos Hyde, besides punt/kick returns.

I have NFI when it comes to NFL, but that was pretty exciting to watch. Looks like he's making a bloody good go of it!

Credit where it's due... he's doing much better than I expected. I am fairly confident he will make the 53 roster, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him play a fair few snaps behind Carlos Hyde, besides punt/kick returns.

Yeah, I thought he'd struggle to make the 53 man roster, but that is looking more likely, and the backstory and attention that's getting definitely will help, I think. I'll be interested to see if he can do what he's doing against first team defenses and coverage units in real games, but on the evidence so far he may just keep it up.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Galah
  • Skathen
  • ell.d33
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.