Josh McGuire signs with Cowboys - Immediate Switch

A couple seasons ago there was bit of speculation of a rift between the kiwi boys and the rest of the team. I think it was guys like Glenn, Kahu, Beale etc were cliquey and there was some animosity at the club because of it. Glenn seemed to be painted as the main cause of it for some reason.

That was the media beat up and forum speculation anyway. Though it did pop up a few times and was pretty long lived so it may have some truth. I find it hard to believe though because Glenn seriously seems like the friendliest guy in rugby league.

That must have been quite a long while ago if its true. I suppose if Beale was here then it must have been a while

That must have been quite a long while ago if its true. I suppose if Beale was here then it must have been a while

Yeah it was a while ago, though I may have dated to far back t mentioning Beale. I may be wrong about him being a part of it.

I’m sure it was under Hook when it was being spoken about though.

Last edited:
CM reporting Kahu might be switching to rugby union, maybe the titans aren’t interested. Also talk of Chambers on the outter in Melbourne so maybe theyre eyeing him.
I wonder if this is white and the board or Seibs..

If Moose, Kahu, and Glenn are all getting the pushed out that is a huge cultural shift. I can only see this happen beyond Bennett’s influence. The board is gutting the heart of the club with all these experienced players and Bennett going.

Whether or not this was something that needed to be done we will have to wait and see. But there is a huge shake up happening at the club.

I find it hard to imagine all those players will get pushed out and Bennett still coach us this season. It seems like they’ve already taken the keys off him.

CM reporting Kahu might be switching to rugby union, maybe the titans aren’t interested. Also talk of Chambers on the outter in Melbourne so maybe theyre eyeing him.

I’d say it’s White and Seibs. I wonder how it will affect Wayne’s ego.

If Moose, Kahu, and Glenn are all getting the pushed out that is a huge cultural shift. I can only see this happen beyond Bennett’s influence. The board is gutting the heart of the club with all these experienced players and Bennett going.

Whether or not this was something that needed to be done we will have to wait and see. But there is a huge shake up happening at the club.

I find it hard to imagine all those players will get pushed out and Bennett still coach us this season. It seems like they’ve already taken the keys off him.

And so they should, he is likely not even going to be there next week, let alone next year.

If you are going to go in a new direction that you believe in, you need to be fully committed and if anyone isn’t going to be a part of that or isn’t fully buying in, you but them loose.

Short-term pain for sure but you are looking for long-term, sustained success.

And so they should, he is likely not even going to be there next week, let alone next year.

If you are going to go in a new direction that you believe in, you need to be fully committed and if anyone isn’t going to be a part of that or isn’t fully buying in, you but them loose.

Short-term pain for sure but you are looking for long-term, sustained success.

Well said mate, couldn't agree with you more.

I'd pass on Chambers, that kid from Union on the wing must be happening and frees up spots for Bird and Staggs somewhere.

I'd pass on Chambers, that kid from Union on the wing must be happening and frees up spots for Bird and Staggs somewhere.

I’ll go Staggs or bird over chambers any day. Also who has their foot in front more Staggs or Shibaski?

I’ll go Staggs or bird over chambers any day. Also who has their foot in front more Staggs or Shibaski?
I’ve been super impressed from what I’ve seen from Staggs, the kid plays with heart and passion, is skilful and looks like a bloke who genuinely wants to, and enjoys pulling on the Broncos jersey. He is a kid I can see that is a one club 300er.
Hopefully he isn’t too tight with Wayne.

Pretty sure the union kid re-signed with the reds this week

Forget Chambers. Bad idea. And let Moose go. If he decided it’s in his best interest to find a bigger paycheque elsewhere then so be it. We only need leaders, and that’s what his role would be, who are loyal broncos through and through. He didn’t leave because he was scared of losing his run on spot. His the qld and aust lock. He just left for more money down the track. A true whole hearted bronco would have been ready for the age related down grade in pay. Anyone else doesn’t believe in what the broncos are can **** off too. The side had a cultural problem last few seasons because our leaders had the wrong attitude. Time to find better ones.

Exaggerations of Haas' exploits aside, I agree with your overall point, but you can't make certainties about Haas and then discount Carrigan's chances. Literally the only thing separating them is 30 minutes of NRL time. As far as I'm concerned they're in the exact same boat. Both could be stars, both could be serviceable, both could be failures.
I'm actually not doubting Carrigan. I have hopes too. But everyone has him as such a shoe in under most circumstances. Happens all the time. Arrow was the lucky exception but other than that, all the others have faded out of relevance

Not looking much into this Chambers thing. We already have one overpriced Centre on our books, surely someone at the club realizes we don't need a second one, especially one as hot headed and prone to laziness as Chambers

Where’s all this notion of chambers coming to the broncos coming from? This original post regarding chambers sounds more like the titans want him not the broncos.

Chambers sucks noodles. Latrell will dominate him until he retires.

If we sign Chambers, I change my mind on liking the new coach.

I'd rather see Glenn stay. The poor bastard does exactly what is asked of him, always has, every game. He's underrated by plenty of Broncos fans.

Kahu should have started asking around as soon as we found a kicker. Not a fan at all.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.