Josh McGuire signs with Cowboys - Immediate Switch

Where’s all this notion of chambers coming to the broncos coming from? This original post regarding chambers sounds more like the titans want him not the broncos.

Chambers sucks noodles. Latrell will dominate him until he retires.
I never stated Chambers to the Broncos. I simply said the Titans might not be interested in Kahu (hence the union talk) and maybe they’re eyeing Chambers as it sounds like he is on the outer in Melbourne.
I couldn’t stand seeing Chambers in the Broncos jersey, yuk.

If we sign Chambers, I change my mind on liking the new coach.

I'd rather see Glenn stay. The poor bastard does exactly what is asked of him, always has, every game. He's underrated by plenty of Broncos fans.

Kahu should have started asking around as soon as we found a kicker. Not a fan at all.
I feel for Kahu. He was cruelled not once but twice with ACL injuries. As a youngster he was so highly rated. I think over the last few seasons he was aiming to clock up a hundred games with the Broncs and then swap over to the less demanding Union. Having said all that he was never in a month of Sundays going to ever play a good game as a centre.

Where’s all this notion of chambers coming to the broncos coming from? This original post regarding chambers sounds more like the titans want him not the broncos.

Chambers sucks noodles. Latrell will dominate him until he retires.

Agree mate, I don't think the initial poster was suggesting at all that we are interested in Chambers, more so that the Tits might be.

I feel for Kahu. He was cruelled not once but twice with ACL injuries. As a youngster he was so highly rated. I think over the last few seasons he was aiming to clock up a hundred games with the Broncs and then swap over to the less demanding Union. Having said all that he was never in a month of Sundays going to ever play a good game as a centre.

I can't doubt Kahus heart and dedication to the Broncos. Him being glass from the waste down has ruined it, but I think it's time to go for him.

Yeah the original post was clearly suggesting Chambers maybe going to the Titans.

If that flog comes to the Broncos I will buy a jersey and burn it on Facebook live in protest. He is a shit player, and a total flog.

The Chambers signing has to be fake. Why would the Broncos sign a right side centre when they already have Jimmy the Jet? Even if he's a threat of walking out, the Broncos already have Jack Bird and Kotoni Staggs who are natural right side players.

Forget Chambers. Bad idea. And let Moose go. If he decided it’s in his best interest to find a bigger paycheque elsewhere then so be it. We only need leaders, and that’s what his role would be, who are loyal broncos through and through. He didn’t leave because he was scared of losing his run on spot. His the qld and aust lock. He just left for more money down the track. A true whole hearted bronco would have been ready for the age related down grade in pay. Anyone else doesn’t believe in what the broncos are can **** off too. The side had a cultural problem last few seasons because our leaders had the wrong attitude. Time to find better ones.

That attitude didn't help Petero too much.

Not gonna lie, a part of me is stoked that he's leaving. By my estimations I was giving us a 50/50 chance of retaining TPJ beyond next season, with McGuire moving on, I feel comfortable in saying it's closer to a 75/25 chance that he stays long-term now. In part due to salary opening up, but primarily because of the Lock position opening up, which I still believe is his absolute best position.

Not gonna lie, a part of me is stoked that he's leaving. By my estimations I was giving us a 50/50 chance of retaining TPJ beyond next season, with McGuire moving on, I feel comfortable in saying it's closer to a 75/25 chance that he stays long-term now. In part due to salary opening up, but primarily because of the Lock position opening up, which I still believe is his absolute best position.

Only way I'm even remotely happy with this is if TPJ signs a long term deal immediately. If he pisses off to souths for 2020 then we are pretty much back to square one with the lock position but now without an established lock. I would have preferred to not even bother offering him a contract for 19 and just ran with McGuire. I get the idea of the one year deal to test himself but we just got rid of our long term lock to accommodate him, he needs to realise that and sign a long term deal.

Anything less than TPJ, Lodge and Oates retained without any new signings and it's a massive fail. Optimistically you would hope we've got some freshies waiting in the wings

So how do these things work?
“Fancy meeting you here, Josh. Look, I know you’re under contract and we’re legally not allowed to talk to you but we think you’re a really good player and if you weren’t under contract, we’d definitely like to talk to you about offering you a four year deal worth $3.2 mill. Anyhoo, bye”.

Guys a full clean out of mediocrity is what we need. We are the Broncos, the Man United of the NRL... but haven't won a premiership in 12 seasons!! When I was a kid the Broncos were genuine title contenders every year.

Now we have lost our aura and think close enough is good enough... we must be more ruthless or risk losing it forever.

Glenn is solid but a shadow of the damaging hole runner / line breaker he was years ago = perfect Titan.
McGuire is decent but error prone and a known grub = Will look good in Cowboys colours especially at 800k per year.
Kahu was talked up immensely as a kid but apart from a few clever little plays never reached his potential (yeah yeah injuries etc bring out the violins...)

It's easy to say "the Broncos are loyal" when we are talking about top class players like Locky, Walters, Kevvie, Langer, Parker, Webke, Tallis etc. Apply that same attitude to blokes like the above three and you don't win premierships.

While we are at it... show the door to Macca, Boyd (peaked in 2010...seeya) and Milford (unless he loses 10kg and potentially moves to FB, or takes a massive pay cut). Give Gillett a season to return to form or show him the door too.

Our future is with our young forward pack and guys like Staggs, Oates, Issako, Roberts, Niko is looking the goods too. While we are at it, sign Shaun Johnson and Damien Cooke.

Now watch the trophy cabinet roll in.

"McGuire is decent but error prone" Reidy87 you are wrong

Have watched every game last year, and the error prone guys were TPJ, Su'A and Fafita.

Moose will leave a massive hole in our defensive structure. Blair, now McGuire...this is a step backwards for my Broncos.

Agree on Milford to fullback whilst cutting Boyd and McCullough.

Last edited:
Guys a full clean out of mediocrity is what we need. We are the Broncos, the Man United of the NRL... but haven't won a premiership in 12 seasons!! When I was a kid the Broncos were genuine title contenders every year.

Now we have lost our aura and think close enough is good enough... we must be more ruthless or risk losing it forever.

Glenn is solid but a shadow of the damaging hole runner / line breaker he was years ago = perfect Titan.
McGuire is decent but error prone and a known grub = Will look good in Cowboys colours especially at 800k per year.
Kahu was talked up immensely as a kid but apart from a few clever little plays never reached his potential (yeah yeah injuries etc bring out the violins...)

It's easy to say "the Broncos are loyal" when we are talking about top class players like Locky, Walters, Kevvie, Langer, Parker, Webke, Tallis etc. Apply that same attitude to blokes like the above three and you don't win premierships.

While we are at it... show the door to Macca, Boyd (peaked in 2010...seeya) and Milford (unless he loses 10kg and potentially moves to FB, or takes a massive pay cut). Give Gillett a season to return to form or show him the door too.

Our future is with our young forward pack and guys like Staggs, Oates, Issako, Roberts, Niko is looking the goods too. While we are at it, sign Shaun Johnson and Damien Cooke.

Yeah cause cook and Johnson have had so much success, those 2 guys as leaders no thanks.

Hello Mcfly, salary cap, anyone home Mcfly.:treadmill:
The guy on the tread mill gets further than trying to explain this.

Sure it sounds easy when you say it like that BUT, we can't cancel contracts without paying them out in full or part which we carry under the cap.
Our young guys are the future as you point out until they don't measure up then someone else will be here calling for a cull.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Skathen
  • NSW stables
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.