OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Extends to End of 2023

Besides, Kev has hardly built anything here. The roster is largely made up of stop-gap players.
Regrettably this. Other than Payne, who he inherited, he hasn't successfully embedded a single long term player into the club. Which is why we need to find out sooner than later if Ezra is the ONE.

What is Einstein's theory of insanity again? If the Broncos don't improve this year and struggle then it shouldn't be that difficult to improve.

From the sounds of it, a few of them aren't keen to stay regardless.

Other than Haas, who else seems keen to leave? I don't think Herbie is keen to leave but it seems he might be pushed out and I don't think Oates is genuinely inline for a renewal.

What is Einstein's theory of insanity again? If the Broncos don't improve this year and struggle then it shouldn't be that difficult to improve.

From the sounds of it, a few of them aren't keen to stay regardless.
But isn't getting rid of the coach doing the same thing over again?
Pretty sure I've mentioned bringing in different assistants .equalling change.
Recruiting better players in certain positions, equalling change.
You can mix things up without removing the head coach straight away, especially if he has the backing of his players and football department. Unless Kevvie is really stinking it up and losing players faith then he should be given some time. Bennett wasn't a master technician and he's done alright.
I also believe Capewell and Reynolds will bring plenty to help Kevvie help , you need experienced successful players and we've really missed that.

Regrettably this. Other than Payne, who he inherited, he hasn't successfully embedded a single long term player into the club. Which is why we need to find out sooner than later if Ezra is the ONE.
In Kev’s defence, Hetherington has developed incredibly well so far. Could be a good self-improver but he’s done well under Kev so far. Too early to say but Carrigan looked far improved too. Most the forwards are coming along pretty well but surprisingly his halves and spine in general seem to be struggling the most - which is unexpected considering his playing pedigree.

Our defensive coach needs the sack though.

Other than Haas, who else seems keen to leave? I don't think Herbie is keen to leave but it seems he might be pushed out and I don't think Oates is genuinely inline for a renewal.
Why do you think Payne is keen to leave? I haven't got the impression anyone is "keen to leave" but I would think they would all go elsewhere for more money, a stable future or a starting position they're denied at the club.

Bear in mind, a club that offers you more money values you more. That's a compliment.

so Reynolds and Capewell don't count, what else can he do in 1 season when he was pretty much caretaking the hole fucking club.

In Kev’s defence, Hetherington has developed incredibly well so far. Could be a good self-improver but he’s done well under Kev so far. Too early to say but Carrigan looked far improved too. Most the forwards are coming along pretty well but surprisingly his halves and spine in general seem to be struggling the most - which is unexpected considering his playing pedigree.

Our defensive coach needs the sack though.
I'm not really willing to comment either way on Kevvie's direct effect as a coach other than the players seem more cohesive as a group, the atmosphere is better and he has a much chummier relationship with the press than we've ever seen from a Broncos coach. They're all great things, but that's not to say a prickly motherfucker who breaks their balls sunrise to sunset wouldn't get better results on the scoreboard, the only thing that matters.

I agree with @Big Pete - Kev's getting the sack midway through next season if we're still looking more like cellar dwellers than top four.

I'm not really willing to comment either way on Kevvie's direct effect as a coach other than the players seem more cohesive as a group, the atmosphere is better and he has a much chummier relationship with the press than we've ever seen from a Broncos coach. They're all great things, but that's not to say a prickly motherfucker who breaks their balls sunrise to sunset wouldn't get better results on the scoreboard, the only thing that matters.

I agree with @Big Pete - Kev's looking at the sack midway through next season if we're still looking like cellar dwellers than top four.
If we miss the 8 I think he's sacked end of the year.

so Reynolds and Capewell don't count, what else can he do in 1 season when he was pretty much caretaking the hole fucking club.
Yeah, they all count - and no doubt at least a few will form part of a club nucleus - but it feels like we're still on stepping stones.

Here is what is happening.

If Kevie can't turn us into a contender by the end of 2023, then he doesn't deserve the job.

So far we seem to be trending towards contenders. People wanting to give Kevie 6 weeks, need to chillllllllllllllll.

Yeah, they all count - and no doubt at least a few will form part of a club nucleus - but it feels like we're still on stepping stones.
not just coaches make better players, good players make better players also. Not sure how many off those sorts of players we can claim to have over a decent period, that's why Reynolds and Capewell are so important.

If we miss the 8 I think he's sacked end of the year.
A lot can change between here and September, but so far only 3/13 NRL journalists think that's going to happen, and all three of them are Brisbane tragics. He's up against it.

not just coaches make better players, good players make better players also. Not sure how many off those sorts of players we can claim to have over a decent period, that's why Reynolds and Capewell are so important.
Yep, that's the basket our eggs are in and we all have our fingers crossed, but at this very minute we've just had our balls crushed in two woeful trials against two NRL teams, one of which is tipped for the wooden spoon, and the other a traditional wooden spooner we now find hard to beat.

All we all really need at this point is a really strong week 1 performance, even if its a loss. If our team is in it up to its eyeballs despite all the adversity in the lead up, the heat will be off Kevvie for another week.

I believe there is a difference between being keen to stay and keen to leave. As you've highlighted, the Broncos best player is rumoured to be off to the Roosters and there's a few others across all levels. Keep in mind too the amount of players who left last season and it's not like Kev is a big draw. This isn't like Wayne Bennett circa 2018.

But isn't getting rid of the coach doing the same thing over again?
No, because every scenario is different.
Unless Kevvie is really stinking it up and losing players faith then he should be given some time.
Define really stinking it up?

All we all really need at this point is a really strong week 1 performance, even if its a loss. If our team is in it up to its eyeballs despite all the adversity in the lead up, the heat will be off Kevvie for another week.
I’ll give him until after round 10.

If it’s more of the same then the question needs to be asked. What I want to see the most is stability in his line up where possible and to continue building on the end of last year.

A lot can change between here and September, but so far only 3/13 NRL journalists think that's going to happen, and all three of them are Brisbane tragics. He's up against it.
"MuSt MakE tHe FiNaLS !!!"

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncoscope
  • Alec
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Smokin' Joe
  • john1420
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • heartly87
  • broncsgoat
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Big Del
  • Reds2011
  • K-Style
  • RolledOates
  • Robboi_321
  • Browny
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.