Lockyer accused of bar "tackle"

His point is right, but geez, a bit juvenile saying "they do it too".

The crap that's coming out now is laughable, but it's the same thing the Bulldogs have gone through since 2004.

Sure, be angry at the media, but there's still 3 blokes and a chick who are responsible for the circus in the first place. That's where our anger should be directed.

A little over the anger at the girl involved and all the slanderous talk about her to.
It could have been any girl in that club. She can do what the hell she wants and with who. She is not a Bronco.
She is not dragging our team through the mud. The players are. She doesn't play for our team so why should she show any respect of consequences for the team and what may go down.
The players had no respect for their club. Simple as that.

They are the ones who did the act even if she did consent. If it was the camera that upset her then fair enough.
She wouldn't want it all over the net within an hour.
How bloody dumb were they to go that far as to use a camera. Had they not none of this obviously from what we are reading would have come out.
Gees sure as hell it is not the first time they have done it just this time they were dumb enough to use a camera if that is indeed the truth.

No, she's got no need to show respect for the club or the players, but it's a fact, if she hadn't said "hey let's do it" it wouldn't have happened. She's not blameless. Yes, the boys are the ones that should've known better, but if there's no girl there's no incident is there?

Yeah, it could've just been another girl instead, but that's not the point. You wouldn't have 3 Broncos in a toilet getting off if there was no girl...at least I doubt it :P

She is blameless if she is telling the truth. She can screw anyone and everyone in any club as far as I am concerned.
That is her business.
Wasn't her then it could have been any other woman at any other club they went to.
Obviously their morals are pretty low. I don't really care about her morals. She isn't a small part of my life. That club is.

bianc said:
She is blameless if she is telling the truth. She can screw anyone and everyone in any club as far as I am concerned.
That is her business.
Wasn't her then it could have been any other woman at any other club they went to.
Obviously their morals are pretty low. I don't really care about her morals. She isn't a small part of my life. That club is.
How on earth is she blameless? She's a 24yo woman who went in and machine gun fellatio'd 3 young blokes.... [icon_non

Cullen's right, but saying that sort of stuff publicy is just playing into the media's hands. They'll have heaps of fun with that one.

This is why anything that happens to anyone, should always be taken with a grain of salt. This is how anyone even remotely related to or with Schapelle Corby has felt for the last 4 years.

The media is a circus, and hopefully more people have become aware (like I have always said) that in a heartbeat the media can turn you into a monster.

"BHQ poster assaults driver"- clintos.
"BHQ poster verbally abuses driver"- Coxy.
"BHQ poster abuses drugs"- Sar & Sabu

Journalists can take anything and pump it up....all they need is idiots to believe without fact and most importantly, BUY their hype.

The next time you hear of ANY scandal (and that will be tomorrow), step back, think and make your own minds up. Always be aware that the media have an agenda....and agenda to make money.

i heard it on the radio so i watched the news. didn't believe locky would do that, and after seeing the footage....still dont think it was locky.
they guy didn't even know who it was. he's said somthing 2 weeks later just for a bit of attention.

i think it sucks that the good guys in league get pulled into this sort of thing just because a handful of others give the game a bad name. and i'm not just talking bout the broncos. it's in every club.

Hammo said:

Self defense actually. All the rest is correct though.

The slightest comment, however it is directed can be turned on its head to make something sound much worse than it really is, if at all. You have to wonder how much stuff that the media releases is factual, and how much is a collaboration of mis-quotations and complete BS.

Clintos said:
Hammo said:

Self defense actually. All the rest is correct though.

The slightest comment, however it is directed can be turned on its head to make something sound much worse than it really is, if at all. You have to wonder how much stuff that the media releases is factual, and how much is a collaboration of mis-quotations and complete BS.

Absofrickenlutely!

I'm one of the many who was quoted inaccurately by the C-M a few years back [icon_non

Yep. Barry Dick. Was living up to his name huh?

Yeah yeah, I know my name is just his plural :P

Just wondering. How many of you buy newspapers? Be interesting to know. Especially at this time

I never do. Have always hated the media although I do check out the papers online. I won't give them my money.

King_Lockyer said:
Locky said it wasn't him, so it wasn't him. End of story.

I agree [eusa_clap.gi

But how can anyone say that was Lockyer based on the video. It's more rubbish. [icon_thumbs_do

Occasionally buy a saturday or sunday paper. But no. Toilet paper is cheaper and it doesn't put ink stains on your arse.

In our Daily Telegraph it says on the back page that Lockyer is seen to be tackling bar staff. It doesn't say "Allegedly seen" It says it is definalty him.
[icon_thumbs_do

The media is full of crap.

I saw that too Jaimi-Lee. I sent a comment to the telegraph saying the same thing but they didn't publish it...what a surprise.

Heading was

Lockyer 'tackled hotel manager'

Yet reading the story.

"semi-tackled" a staff member

The network played footage of a patron wrapping his arms around a staff member's waist and pushing him.

From what I hear from my manager, it was somewhat of a semi-tackle, it was a bit of strong push

The manager, obviously doing the right thing as per out liquor act and licence conditions, went over there and asked for them to be returned and he was just pushed aside

From a tackle to a strong push to being pushed aside.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Browny
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Brocko
  • marw
  • Fitzy
  • Gaz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • teampjta
  • winslow_wong
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.