Matt Lodge Discussion

Greenberg looks like a complete tool now.

I dare say it was probably dicussed he would pay his bill etc, however doing this to make a scene is terribly handled.

Yep. He was sticking to his guns so well as well. Now has crumbled. What a weak man.

Languages evolve. It's why we have English instead of old English, which was from Latin etc etc. Something you might be interested in, Microsoft set up two ai bots to communicate tasks with one another and ended up shutting down the experiment when they realized they were communicating in an unintelligible language - except it was only unintelligible to us, they had perfected a shorter handed language that was more efficient.

Food for thought.
Skynet

I got no problem with him paying his victims. So long as it is done with the consideration that he is entitled to be rewarded for his success as a footballer ie. a percentage docked that has a base and a ceiling, certainly increased as his pay does but not to the point it dissuaded his success or leaves him destitute. This should have been part of his registration, negotiated with the goal of putting such criticism to bed.
What seems strange is that there is no precedence for this as certainly precedence of civil actions against both footballers and officials.
I hope this kind of introspection will at least lead to some kind process at the end of it. I also hope there is as much transparency in other clubs in the way THEY handle things. The broncos will expect it after this, if this is the new expectation.

I’ve got no issue with his victims receiving compensation, it just needs to be a realistic amount. What would he have been charged with in Australia? It sure as shit wouldn’t have been $300k in compensation going off a comparison to Packers offence, let alone $1.6m, USD mind you.

There’s some ambulance chasing scum bag of a lawyer in the states holding out for a big pay day and keeping this alive. And as a result, the lynch mob in Australia are banging on about how he owes that amount of money and should pay it. I’d tell them to get fucked and come to me with a realistic number and then I’d start paying it.

And I maintain it’s no ones business other than the parties involved. The entitledness of people today is beyond a joke.

I hope Lodge doesn't pay back a cent until they negotiate a reasonable figure. Less than half a million for starters, closer to 100k.

It shouldn't be a lotto win to get roughed up, otherwise I'll go to Murica next week, rile up some NFL players in hopes of getting punched and go to court.

I hope Lodge doesn't pay back a cent until they negotiate a reasonable figure. Less than half a million for starters, closer to 100k.

It shouldn't be a lotto win to get roughed up, otherwise I'll go to Murica next week, rile up some NFL players in hopes of getting punched and go to court.

I’m coming with you

I got no problem with him paying his victims. So long as it is done with the consideration that he is entitled to be rewarded for his success as a footballer ie. a percentage docked that has a base and a ceiling, certainly increased as his pay does but not to the point it dissuaded his success or leaves him destitute. This should have been part of his registration, negotiated with the goal of putting such criticism to bed.
What seems strange is that there is no precedence for this as certainly precedence of civil actions against both footballers and officials.
I hope this kind of introspection will at least lead to some kind process at the end of it. I also hope there is as much transparency in other clubs in the way THEY handle things. The broncos will expect it after this, if this is the new expectation.
I have no problem with the compensation either but I thought he was somewhat appealing the ruling and trying to settle for a more reasonable figure.

By starting payments now, however little it ends up being, is he not effectively accepting the compensation payout and doesn't necessarily have grounds for appealing or settling for a lower amount.

I wonder if he can make a contribution to a trust as a percentage of his wage until the compensation amount is agreed to???

Last edited:
I haven't clicked the link as I'm not feeding their click bait quota... but any comparisons to Packer are pointless. He almost killed a guy and is paying 1/5 of the compensation.

I believe the Packer article also indicated that it included legal costs so it could be more like $300k v $2m.

Given it took Packer 3 years to pay off, a direct comparison suggests Lodge would take ~20 years to pay off

The thing is at $100k a year in a single income family with 1 child his single household is about $3k a month above the poverty line. Which is great for those who earn it. So lets say he pays every last cent available to him every month and still live above the poverty line, it'll take him 57 years to pay it off.... theres just no amount he can pay currently that will make a dent worth making any sort of contribution at this point.

The thing is at $100k a year in a single income family with 1 child his single household is about $3k a month above the poverty line. Which is great for those who earn it. So lets say he pays every last cent available to him every month and still live above the poverty line, it'll take him 57 years to pay it off.... theres just no amount he can pay currently that will make a dent worth making any sort of contribution at this point.

Obviously not adjusting for inflation.

Once he gets an upgraded contract, he will be able to pay it off much quicker.

Right now it's just about starting the process and showing the intent to make it right. So he'll start off small and a percentage of his wage will go towards paying back the victims and as his wage increases, the percentage will increase.

He'll have it paid off well before his career his over.

By starting payments now, however little it ends up being, is he not effectively accepting the compensation payout and doesn't necessarily have grounds for appealing or settling for a lower amount.

I imagine if he starts paying it then he has accepted the terms and will be shit out of luck trying to change it.

They stood Stewart down because he was drunk; not because of the allegations.

That was the NRL’s story and they stuck to it (despite it sounding like bullshit).
The police at the cop station said he wasn’t drunk. They only said he was tired.

Once he gets an upgraded contract, he will be able to pay it off much quicker.

Right now it's just about starting the process and showing the intent to make it right. So he'll start off small and a percentage of his wage will go towards paying back the victims and as his wage increases, the percentage will increase.

He'll have it paid off well before his career his over.

There’s no guarantees in rugby league so he may never get upgraded

There’s no guarantees in rugby league so he may never get upgraded

The only way he doesn't get an upgrade is if his career goes down the shitter and no club wants him or he gets injured and he can't play anymore. If that's the case, it probably benefits him because right now the only people forcing him is the NRL. If he isn't playing NRL anymore then he doesn't have to pay.

only problem with that plan is that if they are American, you may not just get punched ...

Maybe he did it because it's easier for him. Kind of like how you place your question and exclamation marks in random spots.
There not random, if they were th?ey'd appear in the m?iddle of words. Please explain how it is easier when autofill does the work ? If he started typing 'because' with the letters b and e or typed cause with c and a it would require exactl
Languages evolve. It's why we have English instead of old English, which was from Latin etc etc. Something you might be interested in, Microsoft set up two ai bots to communicate tasks with one another and ended up shutting down the experiment when they realized they were communicating in an unintelligible language - except it was only unintelligible to us, they had perfected a shorter handed language that was more efficient.

Food for thought.
Thankyou but I am aware of the evolutionary nature of language. Grade three was some 52 years ago. Imagine Lodge or the woman involved being asked to write an essay on black hole radiation, in their own words and using their texting skills. Naturally with such a subject they'd have to reference other people's work as would just about anyone including myself. My question would be, could they convey the references accurately with this revolutionary new language ? Would we understand ? Sure language evolves but that only is effective if all the people use the same changes. Your ai example demonstrates that perfectly. It's fucking useless if the primary goal, accurate communication is compromised.

There not random

giphy.gif

There not random, if they were th?ey'd appear in the m?iddle of words. Please explain how it is easier when autofill does the work ? If he started typing 'because' with the letters b and e or typed cause with c and a it would require exactl

Thankyou but I am aware of the evolutionary nature of language. Grade three was some 52 years ago. Imagine Lodge or the woman involved being asked to write an essay on black hole radiation, in their own words and using their texting skills. Naturally with such a subject they'd have to reference other people's work as would just about anyone including myself. My question would be, could they convey the references accurately with this revolutionary new language ? Would we understand ? Sure language evolves but that only is effective if all the people use the same changes. Your ai example demonstrates that perfectly. It's fucking useless if the primary goal, accurate communication is compromised.
Wow.

Does everyone use autocorrect

?

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • Culhwch
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • broncs30
  • Lurker
  • Manifesto
  • Wendall Taylor
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.