Matt lodge

I'll be pretty fucking pissed if we lose Lodge but if we're paying anything towards it, I'll be even more pissed.

Fine if KW wants to move him on to spend that money on say Hodgson at hooker, fair enough. Still won't be happy but there better be a compelling reason other than getting rid of him just because his contract is long.

We've already paid half his wage for this year - surely they don't mean moving forward.
I'm hoping this is what the clickbait journos mean, so we're only paying what we already have.

Still why a midseason release? What are we going to do with the money?

Does anyone know if you can actually front load contracts under the salary cap? I've never found a straight answer.

I'll be pretty fucking pissed if we lose Lodge but if we're paying anything towards it, I'll be even more pissed.

Fine if KW wants to move him on to spend that money on say Hodgson at hooker, fair enough. Still won't be happy but there better be a compelling reason other than getting rid of him just because his contract is long.
Maybe Hodgson moving to Broncos before June 30 also ????

Even if Hodgson is declining (I haven’t watched a raiders game this year), he’d have to fall a long way to get to Turpins level.

would be keen to get him in and would be justification enough for letting Lodge go in my books

Dobbo on Triple M says Lodge will be gone to Newcastle within next 2 weeks. House in Brisbane already sold.
Imo we will probably replace him with a meter eater on less money. There will be heaps in NSW/QLD cup.

Dobbo on Triple M says Lodge will be gone to Newcastle within next 2 weeks. House in Brisbane already sold.
Imo we will probably replace him with a meter eater on less money. There will be heaps in NSW/QLD cup.
Fucked if true.... can only be doing it to get Hodgson early.

Going forward we should move Carrigan up front where he is more suited. Xavier Willison will probably be blooded next year too.

Moving him on after Carrigan did his ACL is a bit strange.

Unless they are paying full price. If we are subsidising yet another players, it is absolutely ridiculous.

I love Lodgey but that ridiculous contract is an anchor. If Newcastle are taking the full freight from next year even if we have to subsidise this year I think we need to do it.

Jordan Grant. Get him in.

Me: Jumps on to see if we have made any signings.

The Broncos: Yeah but nah we are booting one of our top 2 players from the weekend for peanuts.

Alrighty Then GIF by memecandy

I love Lodgey but that ridiculous contract is an anchor. If Newcastle are taking the full freight from next year even if we have to subsidise this year I think we need to do it.
This. I also think there is something at play here we are not privy to.
It may be that we are freeing up money for a big name signing and letting Lodge go will give us the cap wiggle room for it to happen.
Hynes/Smith etc etc.

Unread

Active Now

• Santa
  • Organix
  • simplythebest
  • Browny
  • phoenix
  • johnny plath
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Fozz
  • MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • leon.bott
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.