Michael Ennis

R

ronnyd

QCup Player
Mar 14, 2008
The Rock said:
Don't compare him to Hayne.

Jarryd Hayne barely even gets a clip on the ear and he takes a dive - THAT's the difference.

staunchly defending Ennis but ridiculing Hayne, your so biased its ridiculious.

I don't how people can think running into Prince was smart. Prince was never going to catch wallace and it very nearly cost us the try (we were only awarded it due to benefit of the doubt!)

I reckon Ennis is a great player, but if he is going to continue this stupid crap i'da rather him gooone.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
ronnyd said:
I don't how people can think running into Prince was smart. Prince was never going to catch wallace and it very nearly cost us the try (we were only awarded it due to benefit of the doubt!)

Prince ran in front of Ennis, to get the ref go to the video ref.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
ronnyd said:
The Rock said:
Don't compare him to Hayne.

Jarryd Hayne barely even gets a clip on the ear and he takes a dive - THAT's the difference.

I reckon Ennis is a great player, but if he is going to continue this stupid crap i'da rather him gooone.

Good post, I see quite a lot of double standards on this issue everyone here was willing to dish it out to Hayne last year but Ennis is just a smart player for doing what he did. Hayne was clever to stay down when he did and soak up clock and take pressure off his struggling team defending on their line but it was wrong and everyone on the old forum roasted him for it. Ennis has now twice in 3 weeks done things out of the exact same playbook and people on here call him clever and a smart player who is doing something good. I hate these bullshit tactics and I hate them being rewarded and I certainly hate it when supporters are happy when there team does it.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
Haha yeah, replays clearly showed him looking up to see who hit him, then once he realised it was friend, he suddenly was out cold. Fairy

Or he could have looked up and got a twinge in the neck.

Some people are so negative.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
briareos said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Haha yeah, replays clearly showed him looking up to see who hit him, then once he realised it was friend, he suddenly was out cold. Fairy

Or he could have looked up and got a twinge in the neck.

Some people are so negative.

Twinge in the neck [icon_lol1., straw clutching much?

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Twinge in the neck [icon_lol1., straw clutching much?

What, like they don't happen? Happened to me last month. And I wasn't even hit in the neck but an angry midget.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
It's not. It's it's dumb to say otherwise. Hodgo milks more than a dairy farmer, should he leave the team?

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
ronnyd said:
[quote="The Rock":12ggjffn]Don't compare him to Hayne.

Did you even read what I had wrote?

Are you seriously comparing Hayne to Ennis? Hayne barely even gets touched and he dives down like a clown. Hayne dives without even being hit. There's a difference.

Secondly, he did not run into Prince!!!!! [eusa_doh Watch the replay - Ennis NEVER changed his line. In fact it was more Prince merging into Ennis rather the the other way around. We were awarded the try. Benefit of the doubt? The video ref clearly clearly made the wrong call, it was clear as day - Ennis did not change his line. End of story.

Denny said:
Out cold? You're kidding. Friend and Ennis were having a running battle all night. He got hit, it kinda hurt, he looked up saw who it was and put his head down. It was embarrassing. Corey Parker was embarrassed. He will soon be NRL's most hated player.

Out cold if it was by Luke Bailey, yes. Like I said, if it wasn't Nathan Friend then it might have actually done some damage. He milked the penalty - good on him.

Mick Hancock used to milk penalties all the time. How is this any different? What Friend done was technically illegal, it was just a simple lazy arm around the chin. So Ennis layed down and got the penalty - Please tell me how this is any different to milking a penalty any other way.[/quote:12ggjffn]

Rocky, Its just not what some people like to see in a footballer especially one from there team. It is also a joke how people on here tore shreds off opposition players like Hayne, Gallen and Kennedy but defend Ennis as being crafty or clever when all he is is a dog like them.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
But you are clearly not reading what Rocky is saying.

Hayne is like a soccer player. Just drops at nothing. Ennis had an illegal hit, soft or not, it was against the rules, and he had every right to stay down.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Nashy said:

Hayne is like a soccer player. Just drops at nothing. Ennis had an illegal hit, soft or not, it was against the rules, and he had every right to stay down.

Hayne put his head down onto a rampaging Sam Thaiday last time he was lambasted on here, and I am certain there was more chance of him being hurt than Ennis was either time. But thats not the point all I am saying is whether its in the rules or not. Some people like Queenslander, Denny, Frank and myself to name a few do not like to see anyone let along our own players acting the way Ennis did (and I am emphasize acting).

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
The Hayne/Thaiday incident came after Hayne's obvious dive during Origin. At the time I thought he dived but I'm 50/50 about it now. Hayne had history as a diver at the time so it's fair enough that people be suspicious.

Meanwhile Ennis is on the receiving end of a chicken wing and highshot, after which he stayed down to bring the refs attention. He didn't drop 5 seconds after the contact like Jamie Soward did earlier this season against the Raiders.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Rocky, Its just not what some people like to see in a footballer especially one from there team. It is also a joke how people on here tore shreds off opposition players like Hayne, Gallen and Kennedy but defend Ennis as being crafty or clever when all he is is a dog like them.

What do you expect mate, everyone to turn on Ennis?

It's not going to happen, because pretty much everyone on here supports the Broncos. Ennis plays for the Broncos. Bias is to be expected.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:

It's not going to happen, because pretty much everyone on here supports the Broncos. Ennis plays for the Broncos. Bias is to be expected.

I would hope people would judge things on there merits. I am as fanatical a Broncos supporter as the next here but I am going to call a spade a spade and a dive a dive. I hate seeing anyone doing it let alone my own players and I can't see how people seem to believe he is innocent and others think its great and clever despite hating guys from other sides for the exact same things.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":1io44f45]
ningnangnong said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":1io44f45]

I would hope people would judge things on there merits. I am as fanatical a Broncos supporter as the next here but I am going to call a spade a spade and a dive a dive. I hate seeing anyone doing it let alone my own players and I can't see how people seem to believe he is innocent and others think its great and clever despite hating guys from other sides for the exact same things.[/quote:1io44f45]

It's funny, if I happen to stick up for a Bronco player then I am being biased but if I don't stick up for them then I'm basing it on merits right? I an still judge things on their merits, which I believe I have done. Doesn't mean I am biased at the same time. The only person I have critised for "diving" was Hayne, based on the fact that he dives left right and centre, without even being hit with an illegal tackle.[/quote:1io44f45]

Easy tiger [icon_lol1., not having a go at you specifically just making an observation on the fact that many here proclaim Ennis's innocence yet paste everyone else from other teams for very similar incidents. Hayne is the worst of a bad bunch I absolutely agree with you and you think Ennis did nothing wrong thats fine you have the right to your opinion I just don't like that culture in the game let alone my club.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Nashy said:

Can't argue with the correctness of the logic as much as I hate what Ennis did. Change the scenario from last night a little and say we were down by 4 with a minute to play, second half, and needed a quick play the ball, would Ennis have stayed down? No way, he chose to stay down. Things like that happen all game very game.

The problem as I see it is if a team concedes penalties because the opposition stays down then they will follow suit and have every right to do that.

Soon the game will be stopped for every tap above the shoulders as players go for the penalty, this will happen particularly in tight situations.
Its already happening with the strip ruling as players race to the ref asking him to get the video ref to check.

The rule change to allow the V ref to look at certain things was introduced to improve the game and help the ref but teams will manipulate it to the point where there is no option but to change it back.

Wouldn't it be a sh@t way to lose a semi or GF, can you imagine our team playing their guts out only to accidently slide above the shoulders in an attempt to lock up the ball, make minimal contact with the jaw and the player stays down (quite within his rights according to some ) and we lose the game on the back of something as soft as that.

We don't need this in the game, its crap no matter who does it.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":fr12sm7u][quote="The Rock":fr12sm7u][quote="FCB BB AKA MB":fr12sm7u]
ningnangnong said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":fr12sm7u]

I would hope people would judge things on there merits. I am as fanatical a Broncos supporter as the next here but I am going to call a spade a spade and a dive a dive. I hate seeing anyone doing it let alone my own players and I can't see how people seem to believe he is innocent and others think its great and clever despite hating guys from other sides for the exact same things.[/quote:fr12sm7u]

It's funny, if I happen to stick up for a Bronco player then I am being biased but if I don't stick up for them then I'm basing it on merits right? I an still judge things on their merits, which I believe I have done. Doesn't mean I am biased at the same time. The only person I have critised for "diving" was Hayne, based on the fact that he dives left right and centre, without even being hit with an illegal tackle.[/quote:fr12sm7u]

Easy tiger [icon_lol1., not having a go at you specifically just making an observation on the fact that many here proclaim Ennis's innocence yet paste everyone else from other teams for very similar incidents. Hayne is the worst of a bad bunch I absolutely agree with you and you think Ennis did nothing wrong thats fine you have the right to your opinion I just don't like that culture in the game let alone my club.[/quote:fr12sm7u]

Fair enough, I just think it's something that may be good for the team. Let's face it, without Ennis in the last 2 games we would have lost against Newcastle and probably smashed by the Titans. Ennis single handily let us crawl back into the game against the GC, and if we had of won then I think people may have a different tune today.

I understand what you mean about that sort of "culture". But one player like Ennis won't change the great culture we currently have.[/quote:fr12sm7u]

Ennis is in fantastic form I agree totally. He doesn't need to resort to that sort of thing to have an impact and that disappoints me. I know he won't dent our clubs culture because I know the vast majority of footballers wouldn't act like that and I am certain most of the Broncos are in that boat.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I gave him the benefit of the doubt on the chicken wing. Friday night was blatant. Very disappointing.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Thelmus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.