"Milf will be like Locky" - Bennett

Gould is your typical bandwagoner ......gutter slut, media whore.

What was that Gus quote about Locky needing to give it away. About mid 2006, I think it was ...

Gould wanted Lockyer to give Origin away after Game I 06.

Yeah, that's right. Locky responded by having maybe his best year for Broncs, Qld and Australia.

What was that Gus quote about Locky needing to give it away. About mid 2006, I think it was ...

Hey hey, you are talking about one of the greatest minds in the game who is very knowledgable about RL... When it suits an agenda

Hey hey, you are talking about one of the greatest minds in the game who is very knowledgable about RL... When it suits an agenda
Or he's trying to plug the Panthers. What was that crap about Pepper Stadium last night?

I used our fantasy league site that QUEENSLANDER built, gets all the stats from somewhere lol. NRLstats.com.au has all of them too.

In 2014 Hunt made 61, Vidot 54. Can't really think of anyone else to bother checking. McGuire maybe?
Tried using NRLStats before but that interface baffles me. Cheers.

So? Just because he played well in origin after that doesn't mean Gould can't have that opinion. QLD at the time had the halves more than covered with Cronk and Thurston, and Lockyer was getting to the injury plagues years. You're not "wrong" for suggesting someone should give up rep footy just because they then play well in rep footy.

Gus may be a moron, but he has one of the best football minds going around.

What they were getting at is that they question the need to move Milford to 5/8th just yet because he has only ever played like a fullback and they don't think hes ready to be a first grade half and have all the pressures of leading the team that come with it. Milford has never once indicated that he wanted to play in the halves any time soon, in fact the opposite. When 2 of the best halves to ever play the game, one of which moved from fullback to half, questions why he is being forced to play in the halves, you should probably take what they say on board. No matter how much you like Bennett, he doesn't know as much about being an elite half or fullback as they do.

Gould didn't think Lockyer was up to it, but that doesn't matter because the point is Lockyer proved him wrong, changed his mind and went down as one of the greatest Origin players of all time.

I have a lot of respect for Gould but there are times where he jumps the gun and makes statements based on the heat of the moment.

Lockyer also stated in his column that he doesn't think Bennett should shift Milford to fullback, as it at this point would just hurt his development rather than help it.

Lockyer also stated in his column that he doesn't think Bennett should shift Milford to fullback, as it at this point would just hurt his development rather than help it.

I read that article and much of the reason seems to be because of Boyd...

as he was saying, Boyd will be coming back mid season and if we move Milford to 5/8 he will have to start learning that position in June and it is better to have him learning it now when you can't win a premiership.

I think it would be a different story if Boyd wasn't guaranteed the fullback position upon his return and Milford would play that position all year.

Exactly.

And Lockyer articles are just "yes man" articles. Always have been, always will be. He's on the broncos board remember.

They aren't good enough to jump from NYC to starting for the Broncos.. Hardly anyone is, I'm not sure why this sounds like a good idea to you

They can't make the transition straight away. But you have already gone on record saying that it's ok if takes Milford a while to turn into a five eight because then we have Hunt and Milford. The exact same situation applies if we went with Taylor and Hunt. Taylor too would take time but then when he got there we'd still have two strong halves. Difference being in one we'd end up with Milford at fullback, in the other we end up with a near 30 year old Boyd.

I read that article and much of the reason seems to be because of Boyd...

as he was saying, Boyd will be coming back mid season and if we move Milford to 5/8 he will have to start learning that position in June and it is better to have him learning it now when you can't win a premiership.

I think it would be a different story if Boyd wasn't guaranteed the fullback position upon his return and Milford would play that position all year.

I agree with the point you make about Boyd.

However, what still gets to me - and I know this debate is almost "old" - is that Milford was recruited it seems pre-Bennett and Boyd, for 5/8 when we were stuck for a quality FB as well as 5/8, and could/should have been working on our younger halves while putting Milford where, for mine, he excels: a running FB with some ball p[laying skills, but yet to be developed vision which is critical before he can even be mentioned in the same sentence as Lockyer - both as a FB or 5/8.

They can't make the transition straight away. But you have already gone on record saying that it's ok if takes Milford a while to turn into a five eight because then we have Hunt and Milford. The exact same situation applies if we went with Taylor and Hunt. Taylor too would take time but then when he got there we'd still have two strong halves. Difference being in one we'd end up with Milford at fullback, in the other we end up with a near 30 year old Boyd.

So you're saying Ashley Taylor is 100% guaranteed to be a good at Five-Eighth at the NRL level in 3 years time, as good as Milford will be.. Fair enough man.

Milf isn't guaranteed to be a good 5/8 in 3 years time ... What we do know and he yas shown us, is that he is a good fullback right now...

So.. in your opinion Milford is not going to improve much at Five-Eighth in the next 3 seasons, and the only way he's going to be a good player is if he plays at Fullback?

Boy, you Anti-Bennett guys really are irrational.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • heartly87
  • broncos4life
  • Adammacca
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jazza
  • theshed
  • FACTHUNT
  • winslow_wong
  • Muros
  • Scdeac
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • mrtij
  • Old Mate
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.