Status
Not open for further replies.
Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Wasn't sure where to post this....
I've just read on Fox that Ethan Lowe has been linked to us for next year. Gillet out, Lowe in? Does anyone know any more and what do you think? He's been playing great footy for the Cows. If we do lose Gillet, I for 1 would love him here!
Cheers
No thanks. Handy enough player who doesn't shirk the dirty work, but I wouldn't rate this move.

Hopefully we keep Gillett, but if he goes, I'd rather we promote internally. We've got some handy players on the books (Su'a, TPJ, Arrow) and we'd be better off from a salary cap perspective.

Plus, he's an ugly fucker.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I really rate Lowe and have since he first started. He would be a good replacement if Gillett left but let's hope it doesn't come to that, Gillett is still my preferred option by a long way.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
**** Lowe, he is a poor man's Gillett. This move makes no sense. The only way it makes sense is if the disparity between what Gillett and Lowe want is a few 100k, which I can't imagine it would be.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
If we were to steal a cowboys second rower I'd prefer Cooper.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Underrating Ethan Lowe imo.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Saw on NRL 360 Guerra complaining about players laying down for the penalty and how it's not a good look..

Hang on a minute, didn't he admit to taking a dive and playing for a penalty in the preliminary final? The tackle that almost cost Hodgo a chance to play in the Grand Final?

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Saw on NRL 360 Guerra complaining about players laying down for the penalty and how it's not a good look..

Hang on a minute, didn't he admit to taking a dive and playing for a penalty in the preliminary final? The tackle that almost cost Hodgo a chance to play in the Grand Final?

I'm thinking about starting a 'flog of the week' thread. Aiden may be the first inductee.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Hold up. I'd be more inclined to say he was lying to the judiciary to get his mate off.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
NRL: Manu Vatuvei given medical leave of absence

Manu Vatuvei has been given leave from the Warriors on medical grounds following last week's drama when six players were stood down for breaching team protocol.
Vatuvei, together with Ben Matulino, Bodene Thompson, and young front-rowers Sam Lisone and Albert Vete, and Konrad Hurrell, were last week dropped to reserve grade and later stood down from being eligible for Kiwis selection following a late night out after returning home following their embarrassing 42-0 Anzac Day defeat to Melbourne Storm.
Vatuvei, Matulino, Thompson, Lisone and Vete admitted to the club last Thursday that they mixed prescription drugs and energy drinks. Hurrell insisted he had not indulged and had only accompanied the players and acted as the group's driver.
Warriors managing director Jim Doyle announced in a statement that Vatuvei was given a leave of absence and that the club were also continuing to focus on the welfare of the other five players who were disciplined.

"As we have said, our focus is on the welfare of the six players involved," said Doyle.
"Following medical advice received today, Manu is now on leave. We would ask that everyone respects his and his family's right to privacy at this time.
"We are also continuing to have meetings with the other players following last week's events. As our discussions with all players involved are confidential, we won't be releasing any further details or making further comment at this stage."
Vatuvei yesterday took to social media to challenge his critics. The winger posted a filtered picture of himself on Instagram, with a caption saying: "If you wanna talk about me behind my back why don't you come say it to my face ... Look in the mirror before you say something about other people ..."
Last week, Eels and Kiwis playmaker Kieran Foran was also granted a leave of absence after he overdosed on prescription medication and has reportedly headed overseas to a rehabilitation facility.

NRL: Manu Vatuvei given medical leave of absence - Sport - NZ Herald News

Last edited by a moderator:
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Re: NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2016

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/6eaad4dde53e5c84c547bab6e3b9ca26

here are the top 5 fullbacks playing the best this year ... APPARENTLY

5. Will Hopate
4. Ben Barba
3. Cameron Munster
2. Lachlan Coote
1. James Tedesco

How in hell did they come up with that list ... and how did Boyd not make the list.

They are going by stats and we know stats don't tell the full story at times and this is also someone's own opinion. Personally I would have him behind Tedesco and Coote (they've been the standouts) and maybe ahead of Barba and Munster but definatley ahead of Hopoate.

Boyd also rubs some people the wrong way as well which makes it a bit harder for him.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Re: NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2016

Boyds got the no 1 Aus rep jumper so I doubt he gives two ***** what Fatima Kdouh rankings are. Dude is probably more focused on fantasy stats like the rest of the wankers. Only thing that matters for these stats are equal first (which is where Boyds club is) and Australian no 1 jersey (which is what he will wear this weekend)

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Channel 10 news just said that the NRL is going to change finals games to extra time instead of golden point. Even though 15/16 coaches also want this , it was described as " Wayne Bennett is going to get his way"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Mr Fourex
  • kman
  • broncotville
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • leon.bott
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.