NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2013

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
...which is realistically a fair call. Parra have been shit pretty much his whole career, yet he stays...I can't stand the bloke, but I'll give him full credit for that. No-one likes losing!

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Tomkins has confirmed the move to the Warriors. Matt Bowen has signed with Wigan as his replacement.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yeah be very interesting to see if he is worth such a reportedly huge price. How many pies could George Rose eat for that kind of money?

Does this mean Locke to the Dogs will be a lock now?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
It's an immense signing for the Warriors. Locke is great, but Tomkins is just a level or 2 beyond.

I'm very much in the 'think Tomkins will be a flop' boat. I just think he won't be able to cope with the week in week out of the NRL. There is a massive gulf between SL and NRL and I know people point to the success of the burgess brothers and James graham
Etc. but IMO outside of the forwards I can't imagine even the top SL talent cutting it here. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubts that he will have some cracking games when he first starts filled with headline grabbing moments, but can honestly see come half way through next year or at best towards the end people talking about his signing as a massive mistake, while Locke is ripping it up at the dogs

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Interesting that a kid would join the Warriors from England IMO. Move to NZ? Think I'd rather stay in England.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Interesting that a kid would join the Warriors from England IMO. Move to NZ? Think I'd rather stay in England.
Have you ever been to England? :scared:

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Tomkins has confirmed the move to the Warriors. Matt Bowen has signed with Wigan as his replacement.

ENGLISH rugby league star Sam Tomkins is on his way to the Warriors after what is believed to be a world record transfer fee.
The Warriors have paid Wigan a transfer fee thought to be about £700,000 ($A1.20 million) for a three-year deal.
It is thought the 24-year-old fullback will be the highest-paid English player in the game with a salary near £400,000 ($A685,000).

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Just wondering if people still think we should pay over $1 million on top of his salary (which would have made him our highest paid player) to get him.. I for one am glad that our club didn't contemplate paying that sort of money to get an untested player.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I assume it's only the $685K that goes into the salary cap, especially since they are two different comps?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
thats right ... it was the same as us when we reportedly paid a transfer fee of 300k for Barba (just the wage paid to the player get counted under the cap), but still the $1.2 million is a ridiculous amount to pay as a transfer fee

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
700K is pretty good. He's not going to be terrible, and he has the potential to be a top 3 fullback if he transfers all of his skills over.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yep. For 685 I would have gladly taken him.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
He is a great player but whether he is up to NRL level is the big challenge. Best of luck to him and i'm looking forward to watching him play.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I just read that Tomkins isn't even 80kgs !!!

He is going to get absolutely torn apart if any big forwards get a hold of him.

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • barker
  • porouian
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.