NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Thankfully we got a much better deal on Barba.

Better player and cheaper too.

Same. Barba is a similar player proven at NRL level and we got him cheap so it worked out well if he behaves.

We got lucky with Barba. Up until he actually got released, rumours were that we were going to offer him a big upgrade too.

We're very happy over here about Tomkins.

There are those who Question the ESL V NRL thing.

That will never end , even after Tomkins rips the NRL a new one.

The main reason the Warriors spent so much is because the transfer fee is not capped , our owners earn more than that in interest on their investments in a week

So why not pay as much as Wigan Want to compensate them for buying Tomkins prime years off them.

The other reason the Warriors bought Tomkins is the top two inches , one of the smartest / most professional players in the game is the missing piece of the Warriors line up.

Kevin Locke they are trying to hang on to as well , will be interesting.

The other reason the Warriors bought Tomkins is the top two inches , one of the smartest / most professional players in the game is the missing piece of the Warriors line up.

Kevin Locke they are trying to hang on to as well , will be interesting.

What are you going to do with "the fush" as well .......??

Seemed to me the last thing you needed was another fullback.

Gotta completely agree with this. For mine signing Tomkins would have to be one of the most bizarre decisions going. They already have two of the better fullbacks in the game, why on earth sign another one? It would be like souths paying big money for James graham

It pains me to say it but the biggest problem is the players attitudes suck.

Sam Tomkins was bought in not because we needed a fullnback , we needed a bigger fish in the pond than these boys and there untapped potential. Warriors fans are sick to death of being the sleeping Giant of the NRL,

Todd Carney was approached as well to put the same pressure on Johnson , but Since Tomkins is an excellent Fullback and stand off / can play half back , he is creating pressure on Locke and Johnson, which is exactly what this club needs.
Locke played his best football when Geln Fifiahi was pushing him from the Wing spot , as soon as Fish got injured Locke gave up trying.

Matt Elliot said today that the Warriors next year will have a player who will get paid more than Tomkins.

Watch this space , the huge salary cap space at the Warriors is about to be filled by another name in the game and if they're going to be a 700k + player then it will be someone to put more pressure on our incumbents.

To answer your Question about Fisiahi , they are keen to keep him on the wing thereby creating the fastest backline in the NRL if Locke takes Manu's spot and Manu is converted to the forwards

1. Tomkins
2. Fish
3. Laumape
4. Hurrell
5. Locke / Manu
6. TL / Locke
7. Johnson

9. TL

If Locke plays stand off that would be the fastest spine in the NRL

Last edited:
Warriors determined to better Parra in the most expensive dud dept...

It will be funny to see a $700K a year player being belted in the NSW cup Vulcans jersey. :loool:

Who could they sign for that money at this time of year?

I don't think Tomkins will have immediate success in the NRL, but the guy is talented and once he's adapted I think he'll have a huge impact.

To answer your Question about Fisiahi , they are keen to keep him on the wing thereby creating the fastest backline in the NRL if Locke takes Manu's spot and Manu is converted to the forwards

Manu will be the new T-Rex if he moves into the forwards.......and just so there's no mistake, I'm mean that in a bad way.

There's nothing good about Tony Williams.

I'm pretty pissed we didn't try to sign packer, he would have been a good addition to our team as we've been leaking points down the middle all year.

He's a bit of a wizz in that area, even if he's an overall drip.

Looks like we've got a steady stream of puns going on here

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Midean
  • Skyblues87
  • Hurrijo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bongo
  • Broncos Maestro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.