NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Would score more tries than Maranta. When dud Capewell get player of the year? Tomkins has a few of those + leads for try's and try assists regularly.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I know he got one if not more. I'm pretty sure he got player of the year in 2012 when he also starred for us (sarcasm)

My point being is that there is a gulf in standard between NRL and ESL and IMHO I believe tomkins will struggle to produce his worth. I think he could do an adequate job but not the standard required by his pay grade

FFS, i've never said that the ESL is a great comp or that Tomkins is going to carve up the NRL. When did i ask for any proof that the ESL makes mediocre spine players look like champions?

All i stated was Tomkins must touch the ball at some stage in games to score try's. Then i added he is a light player and my props to him for competing against men 25+kg's and then i said i was excited to see how he would perform.

Morkel, feel free to cherry pick more dud names from the ESL to provide evidence to questions that i have not asked nor really give a **** about.

You missed the smiley obviously. You started the cherry-picking party by comparing Tomkins -> Capewell to Graham -> Slyney. Capewell won the Best & Fairest for the QRL in 2012, so he's comparable to Tomkins in that they both have had successful & dominant careers in a lesser comp to the NRL.

I guess we're just saying that don't get the popcorn out for Tomkins just yet.

You missed the smiley obviously. You started the cherry-picking party by comparing Tomkins -> Capewell to Graham -> Slyney. Capewell won the Best & Fairest for the QRL in 2012, so he's comparable to Tomkins in that they both have had successful & dominant careers in a lesser comp to the NRL.

I guess we're just saying that don't get the popcorn out for Tomkins just yet.

Sigh, like i said, When did i ask for any proof that the ESL makes mediocre spine players look like champions?

I've got less idea on what your popcorn banter means than why you are trying to convince me Tomkins and the ESL will be failures. Please tell me where i think he will be a hit? Does excited to watch him play in your world equal i think he will be a gun player just like he is in ESL. The excitement comes from the hype that will be around his debut, with so many wanting to see him fail and others wanting to see what all the fuss is about. In my world hype is good for the game of NRL so i'm excited to see it happen.

As for the capewell thing, it is comparative. The Man of Steel or whatever there award is was compared to the q Cup player of the year. Slyney (didn't win player of the year) was compared to Graham (who also didn't win player of the year in the year prior to joining the dogs) so Slyney was the first name i came up with to Graham.

In hindsight i shouldnt have used this example as i didn't realise one poster was going to jump on it with ignorant comprehension skills.

Last edited:
as bad as the ESL might be, i think youre pushing it if you think that the NRLs lower grade comps are on the same level as it. NRL > ESL > all other lower grades.

Sigh, like i said, When did i ask for any proof that the ESL makes mediocre spine players look like champions?

I've got less idea on what your popcorn banter means than why you are trying to convince me Tomkins and the ESL will be failures. Please tell me where i think he will be a hit? Does excited to watch him play in your world equal i think he will be a gun player just like he is in ESL. The excitement comes from the hype that will be around his debut, with so many wanting to see him fail and others wanting to see what all the fuss is about. In my world hype is good for the game of NRL so i'm excited to see it happen.

As for the capewell thing, it is comparative. The Man of Steel or whatever there award is was compared to the q Cup player of the year. Slyney (didn't win player of the year) was compared to Graham (who also didn't win player of the year in the year prior to joining the dogs) so Slyney was the first name i came up with to Graham.

In hindsight i shouldnt have used this example as i didn't realise one poster was going to jump on it with ignorant comprehension skills.

I dont think there is any need to call someone ignorant or question their comprehension skills, we are all just having a discussion why do you have to make it personal?

I dont think there is any need to call someone ignorant or question their comprehension skills, we are all just having a discussion why do you have to make it personal?

Ignorant comprehension skills means they have ignored what i wrote, or ignored the message of my post.

That is not a personal attack.

Ignorant comprehension skills means they have ignored what i wrote, or ignored the message of my post.

That is not a personal attack.
Yeah, it is.

Discuss the opinion, not the poster... That goes for everyone!

im sorry but did you watch many games this season? half the teams in the NRL were absolutely crappy this year. newcastle finished 7th with a 50% win rate. that shows how crappy the competition is. the teams ranked 6-16 were basically falling over each other to try and miss the finals.
The gap between the good and the bad teams in the ESL is much, much wider than in the NRL. We just had the minor premiers in the ESL put 76 points in a finals game on the team that finished 6th!

Parra would put 50 on all the bottom 6 teams in the ESL, easily. And I dare say those teams would struggle to keep up in the Qcup as well.

I tend to be tricked by the production values of Q cup on TV . It seems less intense on Tv , But I don't think that is accurate. Those Qld footy grounds look rock hard though. That may have a bearing on the play.

Heard on Triple M this morning Foran may be headed to the Dogs for 2014.

Could be the reason why we missed out on DCE!

So they let Foran go to keep DCE? Why don't we target Foran then!!

Heard on Triple M this morning Foran may be headed to the Dogs for 2014.

Could be the reason why we missed out on DCE!

Dogs have Barba money and want a replacement. No fullbacks available with Hoffy and Locke both contracted. Money could be spent on Foran and they use Inu, morris or a young kid play 1. Witch will leave Hoffman at the Bronx and away from Des.

But if Manly lose Foran, that means an almost certainty that we wouldn't get DCE. As they wont let both halves go.

Last edited:
Hasler tried to take Foran with him when he first moved to the Dogs .... so there might be some truth to the rumour ??

If there is truth in this, we need to get on the blower to Foran's manager quick smart!! A Hunt Foran pairing would indeed work a treat.

Hi all, in regards to Sam Tomkins>>Warriors, please tell me I am not alone in wanting him to fail miserably at NRL level and go down as one of the worst big money signings of all time?

I don't particularly hate the Warriors or Tomkins but there's something about paying that much money for a player untested in the NRL that makes me so annoyed that I want it to all go horribly wrong.

Hi all, in regards to Sam Tomkins>>Warriors, please tell me I am not alone in wanting him to fail miserably at NRL level and go down as one of the worst big money signings of all time?

I don't particularly hate the Warriors or Tomkins but there's something about paying that much money for a player untested in the NRL that makes me so annoyed that I want it to all go horribly wrong.

I can't agree, seeing fantastic players makes me enjoy watching the other sides. SBW, Marshall in his prime, even Andrew Johns - I loved watching them when they played well. The same will go for Tomkins.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosgirl
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • kiwi2
  • kman
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Robboi_321
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.