NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2013

I hope he plays well just so spwn can lord it over us.

I can't agree, seeing fantastic players makes me enjoy watching the other sides. SBW, Marshall in his prime, even Andrew Johns - I loved watching them when they played well. The same will go for Tomkins.

Yeah I guess you're right, it's just I think it's way too much money for his first season over here.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough whether he was worth the risk.

Hi all, in regards to Sam Tomkins>>Warriors, please tell me I am not alone in wanting him to fail miserably at NRL level and go down as one of the worst big money signings of all time?

I don't particularly hate the Warriors or Tomkins but there's something about paying that much money for a player untested in the NRL that makes me so annoyed that I want it to all go horribly wrong.

I'm completely with you

Hi all, in regards to Sam Tomkins>>Warriors, please tell me I am not alone in wanting him to fail miserably at NRL level and go down as one of the worst big money signings of all time?

I don't particularly hate the Warriors or Tomkins but there's something about paying that much money for a player untested in the NRL that makes me so annoyed that I want it to all go horribly wrong.

I'm completely with you

Yeah me too. I don't even know how to put it in to words how much I want him to get smashed.

Wow, so many haters.

I still think Tomkins is an awesome addition and I'm excited to see him play the NRL. It's great to get stars from other leagues!

Wow, so many haters.

I still think Tomkins is an awesome addition and I'm excited to see him play the NRL. It's great to get stars from other leagues!

I never said my hate was rational lol :P

Heard on Triple M this morning Foran may be headed to the Dogs for 2014.

Could be the reason why we missed out on DCE!

it was the same Program that said we had signed DCE for 2014 and it would be announced after Manly's season was finished. take what that program says with a grain of salt

I love seeing high standard footy. It's why I'm not a fan of adding more sides (thus spreading the talent out even further), it's why I love Origin so much and getting the best players into the NRL helps keep that standard up. It's one of the reasons I want Tomkins to succeed, alongside me loving watching excellent players play.

The Lurker says the Foran thing is a load of rubbish.

Yeah, Foran isn't that much of an upgrade over Hodgkinson.

I've seen Tomkins play live against NRL players / mid tier NRL players not stars , names like an older Timana Tahu , Clinton Toopi , young players like Locke , and Sandor Earl.

He was well above that lot , carved them up with ease.

Tomkins impact in the NRL won't be his running game , he's exciting , fast , elusive no doubt , but as most of you have already said , the defensive structure in the NRL will shut down a huge percentage of Tomkins Esl Try opportunities.

Where Tomkins will feature is he is the reverse Lockyer experiment. A Stand off converted to fullback. I've done my research ( trawled through a tonne of Wigans games ) here's what fans will have to look forward to :

In the ESL Grand final Tomkins injected himself into the line and delivered the ball to Bobby Goulding after drawing two defenders ( Much Like Lockyer to Tate )

He does it five times in the first 29 minutes , Warington know it's coming before they get off the bus at Old Trafford , Tomkins does it every week.

It's his and Wigans go to signature move.

In the NRL Tomkins will be doing that to the Warriors Right side attack ( Tomkins favorite side = Josh Charnley is the ESL's top try scorer )

Tomkins will draw two , pass to Hurrell or do his other main skill which is a fast face ball to Fisiahi on an overlap.

Basically If you don't put two tacklers on Tomkins he will shred you , that's not hyperbole , he's got gifted foot work.

He had a quiet game at against Leeds. Scored the deciding Try in the Challenge cup final , Set up Wigans first Try in the comeback from Waringtons commanding lead.

The Warriors have spent mega bucks on Tomkins for his ability to make the right decisions , his vision and ball handling.

Putting that in the mix with Johnson and Hurrell will make that backline a little bit special.

It lacks a player that takes on the line and shifts the ball to other players consistently.

NRL players who have played with Tomkins have said he will rip it up. Brett Fitch said he's the best attacking Fullback he's ever played with.

Fitch is Bill Slaters mate so those are big raps , Fitch also went on to say that not all of the top five ESL backs would cut in in the NRL.

I don't know why some people want him to fail, he'll turn out just fine and I'm glad the Warriors stumped up for his transfer fee which shows they aint fucking around.

The only worry is Matt Elliot.

I don't know why some people want him to fail, he'll turn out just fine and I'm glad the Warriors stumped up for his transfer fee which shows they aint ****ing around.

The only worry is Matt Elliot.
Some Rumors floating around over here direct from club insiders talking with players ( I'm not one of those people who have ' inside knowledge ' ) I'm talking people who are genuinely connected with the club , they are just rumors however things are very shakey at the moment with player movement.

After the Warriors turning on the worst period in their history ( and they have had some bad uns ) Elliot has started cutting people and shaking the big stick.

You know about Packer , little surprise he was booted when he couldn't handle being usurped in the pecking order by one of his own team mates, Storming out of the Warriors awards dinner was the last Straw.

Matulino making noises on twitter which he has since retracted.

Kevin Locke being given permission to shop around then the CLub setting a time limit on it nad forcing him to stay.

The latest is the Moles rumors about a very fast Warrior back to the Rabitohs , if you trawl the Warriors dot com SIte you'll see a Poster granted Anonymous status by the Moderators ( that's an insider for sure , those Mods talk with the players via Twitter etc / have had arguments with some players lol ).
There are a couple of other people on there just like this place I'm sure , that are related to the players , or are part of the NSW cup and Toyota Cup set up.

The irony about the Fish rumor is that if you read the post responses it's come from a player , the fans think the player is wrong in his guess that it's the fish.....as opposed to discounting the insiders close knit ties to the club.

Don't yah love all the intrigue and bollocks in this game.

Consistent rumors that a lot of players don't like Matt Elliot won't go away.

I've seen Tomkins play live against NRL players / mid tier NRL players not stars , names like an older Timana Tahu , Clinton Toopi , young players like Locke , and Sandor Earl.

He was well above that lot , carved them up with ease.

Tomkins impact in the NRL won't be his running game , he's exciting , fast , elusive no doubt , but as most of you have already said , the defensive structure in the NRL will shut down a huge percentage of Tomkins Esl Try opportunities.

Where Tomkins will feature is he is the reverse Lockyer experiment. A Stand off converted to fullback. I've done my research ( trawled through a tonne of Wigans games ) here's what fans will have to look forward to :

In the ESL Grand final Tomkins injected himself into the line and delivered the ball to Bobby Goulding after drawing two defenders ( Much Like Lockyer to Tate )

He does it five times in the first 29 minutes , Warington know it's coming before they get off the bus at Old Trafford , Tomkins does it every week.

It's his and Wigans go to signature move.

In the NRL Tomkins will be doing that to the Warriors Right side attack ( Tomkins favorite side = Josh Charnley is the ESL's top try scorer )

Tomkins will draw two , pass to Hurrell or do his other main skill which is a fast face ball to Fisiahi on an overlap.

Basically If you don't put two tacklers on Tomkins he will shred you , that's not hyperbole , he's got gifted foot work.

He had a quiet game at against Leeds. Scored the deciding Try in the Challenge cup final , Set up Wigans first Try in the comeback from Waringtons commanding lead.

The Warriors have spent mega bucks on Tomkins for his ability to make the right decisions , his vision and ball handling.

Putting that in the mix with Johnson and Hurrell will make that backline a little bit special.

It lacks a player that takes on the line and shifts the ball to other players consistently.

NRL players who have played with Tomkins have said he will rip it up. Brett Fitch said he's the best attacking Fullback he's ever played with.

Fitch is Bill Slaters mate so those are big raps , Fitch also went on to say that not all of the top five ESL backs would cut in in the NRL.

Who's Brett fitch? Hope he's better than Brett finch

The Special Needs Penguin heads overseas. I guess that means Ferguson is headed back to Cronulla?

Who's Brett fitch? Hope he's better than Brett finch
Thanks for that , I used to spell the other blokes name Tom'p'kins
Nothing like a typo ( I've never known Bretts Surnname other than hearing ( miss hearing it clearly) ) ...yeah nothing like a typo or not knowing how to spell well known players names to undermine the post yeeks.

Thanks for that , I used to spell the other blokes name Tom'p'kins
Nothing like a typo ( I've never known Bretts Surnname other than hearing ( miss hearing it clearly) ) ...yeah nothing like a typo or not knowing how to spell well known players names to undermine the post yeeks.

C'mon mate I was just having a laugh. You made a lot of good points and Tomkins probably will rip it up here

There are plenty of players here with speed and footwork , and they're all 90 - 100 kegs I will back a good big man against a good small man everyday. No matter how good he is in the ESL it's still a punt in this league, nay be good , may be average.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Spooky1013
  • Mister Wright
  • Browny
  • Morkel
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Bongo
  • Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • davidp
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • Dony Eliakim
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.