NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2015

Ah i read that wrong then i thought you meant it was going from 4.2 - 4.5 ha.

Up at least 4.5 mill in 1 season. Clubs will start to take advantage of that..

So now tell me how inglis will take up all the cap..And also in the year he turns 30..

If it's going up by that much, then by all means, sign Inglis. It would be good cap timing as I doubt most clubs will be able to fill up the cap in that first year or two cross over as plenty of players will be on older contracts, even if they're scaling contracts.

If the cap is going up by that much we should be re-signing Milford for the next 10 years, I'm happy to pay him $15million over that period. His contract will be a bargain when he's in his prime (2018-2024)

Im actually very stunned that already this many people didnt know about the new tv rights deal in 2018. AFL has also just signed a new one. Now all NRL has to do is Add Perth and Adelaide into comp and will get more TV Rights, which in turn will see another cap raise..

Everyone knows about the deal.

There is a thread about it.

But there was no confirmation of a cap increase like that. There was a rumour in an article from August. That's all I've heard about it.

Last edited:
And the posted article only says "possible"

And even then, salary cap is always spread over who is available

A huge cap increase won't mean more stars at every club, it will just mean everyone gets a pay rise

Essentially, each player gets a percentage of the cap, GI a higher percentage than Reed

Cap rises, pay rises, but percentages stay roughly the same, and so will team make up

Some teams may benefit in the first couple of years, dependant upon contracts etc. but in the end it will even out

Would the Tigers and Titan and such even be able to come up with another 4.5m

That's not a bad signing for them to be honest. He will be super cheap, their backline is rubbish anyway and they had good success with old Tuquiri. If he doesn't make it into the team as expected, what have they lost? However, if he can back in the ballpark of his origin days, they've got a bargain. Its a situation where they can't really lose.

That's not a bad signing for them to be honest. He will be super cheap, their backline is rubbish anyway and they had good success with old Tuquiri. If he doesn't make it into the team as expected, what have they lost? However, if he can back in the ballpark of his origin days, they've got a bargain. Its a situation where they can't really lose.

If he gets back to his 'origin days' they still have nothing because he was and is pus. It's ridiculous that he played origin and was found out.

If he gets back to his 'origin days' they still have nothing because he was and is pus. It's ridiculous that he played origin and was found out.

I'm not saying he was ever great but he was certainly better than Reddy has ever been or Goodwin.

I'd wager that Goodwin is a better player than Nielson unfortunately.. But they're both trench tier.

I would take Goodwin over Nielsen in a heartbeat. They are both average but at least Goodwin can kick goals if you really get that low. Also he doesn't march on the fucking spot.

Nielsen is a fraud he only ever looked good because of Cronk and Smith

Active Now

• Tim K
  • sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • Dash
  • lynx000
  • Lurker
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • levikaden
  • IceWorks
  • Financeguy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.