NSW team for game 3

Je$ter said:
Can't believe they picked WolfLOLZ again, the Morris brothers are light years ahead of him, as is Monahagn. David Williams is the biggest myth to end all myths.

The selection of Brett White is funny, he is a cat of the highest order. Kite deserved to get dropped though. Learoyd-Lahrs has barely played in a high level will be interesting to see how he goes. Waterhouse should have been in there from the get go.

The only people Josh Perry will strike fear into Wednesday week are pie vendors at Suncorp as to whether they can cope with the vast amount of pies Piggy Perry will eat.

Agree on all accounts. Both the Morris boys should be on the wing with Cooper and Jennings in the centres and Hayne at fullback. The only way they can stop Inglis (apart from intentional swinging arms) is through Matt Cooper.

Hayne, Morris, Jennings, Cooper and Morris is a very formidable backline. Lucky NSW selectors arent too bright

Morris in, Lyon out. Their team just got even better again.

Hmmmmmmmm. It's going to be a close one isn't it?

QLD by 4?

Ha ha he still has Wolflolz outside of him.

The Rock said:
LOLZ. So they keep Wolffail and be loyal to him (who had an absolutely shoker, worst origin debut ever) but they dump Wallace for the oldest halfback in the comp? Uhh..ok. If they had oh selected Mullen, Soward, whatever then fine, but selecting Kimmorley is not a long term option.

How beneficial is it REALLY to blood young players in games they will just end up losing? I think a culture of winning is just as important. Kimmorley and Barrett I feel are their best halves combination, and if they win, it will at least give other new players like Lahrs, Jennings and some of their newer forwards (Creagh, Poore etc.) a strong opportunity to taste victory at Origin level. Introducing a winning culture (or at least, the potential start of one) to these players is IMO far more beneficial long term than keeping them in a losing culture that they would have endured with Wallace and Farah.

Where is Robbie Farah???

Replaced for a stronger, more robust, less pussy player in Michael Ennis.

Coxy said:
Replaced for a stronger, more robust, less pussy player in Michael Ennis.

I know that but where has he gone from the Forums I used to see him in every thread??

The Rock said:
[quote="Ari Gold":2simxpqr][quote="The Rock":2simxpqr]LOLZ. So they keep Wolffail and be loyal to him (who had an absolutely shoker, worst origin debut ever) but they dump Wallace for the oldest halfback in the comp? Uhh..ok. If they had oh selected Mullen, Soward, whatever then fine, but selecting Kimmorley is not a long term option.

How beneficial is it REALLY to blood young players in games they will just end up losing? I think a culture of winning is just as important. Kimmorley and Barrett I feel are their best halves combination, and if they win, it will at least give other new players like Lahrs, Jennings and some of their newer forwards (Creagh, Poore etc.) a strong opportunity to taste victory at Origin level. Introducing a winning culture (or at least, the potential start of one) to these players is IMO far more beneficial long term than keeping them in a losing culture that they would have endured with Wallace and Farah.[/quote:2simxpqr]

Simple answer to that: There will be absolutely no pressure on these new guys that are blooded into Origin 3. Origin is already over, all they have to worry about is getting in and having a dig. They don't even have to worry about losing their spot in the side!

Winning culture? You can't develop a winning culture after 1 game. It takes a series win at the very least to do that.

Also, I ask you this Ari - Fair enough if you want to try and create a winning culture in picking the best halves etc in game 3 - But what happens if we lose? What benefits do we get out of having Barrett and Kimmorley there instead of younger halves that we could have blooded?[/quote:2simxpqr]

Absolutely none. What good is it playing Wallace at half and getting beat? Similarly little. You may not be able to create a winning culture, but you can at least stop a losing one. At some point, it becomes psychological. Also, Wallace is basically an Origin dud - he's out of his depth. Playing a dud just because he is young is not a better option then playing a veteran who has the potential to influence the game in a positive matter.

On an unrelated note, it has just occured to me that Anthony Tupou really should have been in that NSW side.

Yes! I too am confused at NSW selector's turning their backs on Tupou. I had him in my NSW Game 1 team!

I also agree about Tupou he is a gun... Wallace is up to Origin but he has nothing at all when his foward pack doesn't do a really good job. Mullen should have been in this team IMO.

What was the last game Kimmorley played? If I remember correctly he tried his guts out but the team didnt follow and with the pack consisting of pie eaters and cats I cant see it going to well.

Browny said:
What was the last game Kimmorley played? If I remember correctly he tried his guts out but the team didnt follow and with the pack consisting of pie eaters and cats I cant see it going to well.

Game 3, 2007. Blues won 18-4. He also played game 2 which Queensland won 10-6.

Forget game 3, NSW should have put more on us then that.

Game 2 I can distinctly remember Kimmorley creating gaps around the ruck and looking to turn it inside with no one there - repeatedly.

The Rock said:
If Wallace plays and they get beat again, then at least Wallace WILL draw confidence considering the selectors had faith in him, all 3 games. Also, Wallace hasn't been "bad" - Just average behind a poor forward pack - He knows that, selectors know that, we know that. Let's no forget that Wallace and Bird were outstanding in game 1 last year (where Bird got MOM...I thought Wallace shoulda got it...)

It also gives him experience - origin arena is much different to club football.

All the points you make are correct except the bolded one. All throughout the series the selectors and coach have used Wallace as the scapegoat. Coming out in the press conference for the announcment of the game 2 side and making the comments that Bellamy did, how is that supposed to do his confidence any good? (Rocky this isn't a dig at you at all mate, a dig at the NSWRL wankers).

The way Wallace has been treated by those who are supposed to be supporting him, right throughout this series, has been nothing short of disgraceful, no matter how good or bad his performances have been.

Active Now

• Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncorob
  • Scdeac
  • Morkel
  • Gaz
  • mrtij
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • NSW stables
  • mystico
  • Wolfie
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.