NSW team for game 3

Wallace is good at what he does, better than good actually. Problem is, he's limited in what he can do. He doesn't really have the ability to stamp himself into the game in one play, not the way that Thurston or Lockyer can. When NSW first brought in Barrett, i was amazed it was for Campese and not Wallace. Campese has the ability to stamp his influence on a game in a single play, whereas Wallace is more of an organizer. Problem is, I don't think his long kicking game is strong enough to play the Organizer role effectively enough. That's why I think Noddy is a much better choice.

And yes, he did play well in Origin 1 last year, and he is quite good behind a strong pack. But, most halves are. Not all, but the good ones at club level. IMO, to be successful at Origin, you need to be able to have a say in the game when the forwards aren't laying down the best platform. Thurston and Lockyer and Langer have, Johns has, I think Campese has the potential to. Wallace IMO, doesn't have it in him.

Beads6 said:
I also agree about Tupou he is a gun... Wallace is up to Origin but he has nothing at all when his foward pack doesn't do a really good job. Mullen should have been in this team IMO.

I disagree, Wallace is not ready yet IMO. If I say Stuart, Johns, Sterling, Wallace - whose the odd one out there? You can get away with certain things in club games but not at rep level. He may be one day, but he's NOT an origin halfback right now.

He's just a kid. I mean, Imagine chucking in a young Mortimer (The parra bloke) against a Lockyer in origin. Ridiculous. They chucked in that Campese kid for game 1, disgraceful decision.

Josh Morris in for Lyon makes their backline very effective.

Trent Barrett to wear 2 mouthguards, a neck brace and 3 jock straps.

I had to laugh at Tommy Raudonikis this morning - one of his more ridiculous comments in saying that they should have picked Mullen at half (all well and good)....and Daniel Mortimer at 5/8!

Well they picked Mythell Pearce on not much more basis than Daniel Mortimer would be picked...

rnabokov said:
Josh Morris in for Lyon makes their backline very effective.

Trent Barrett to wear 2 mouthguards, a neck brace and 3 jock straps.
mate he doesn't have anything to warrant wearing 1 [icon_confu

One more change to NSW just announced.

Bill Harragan has been sacked & replaced by Sean Hampstead.

I for one am always glad when Hollywood is left out of the Blues side....dunno how Hampstead will go as he hasn't the best reputation as an on field ref....how has his video reffing been?

Emma said:
He'd played more than 5 first grade games though, surely??

Well yeah but Pearce had shown nothing in his 20-odd games to suggest he was up to Origin.

Touche - but at least he'd played more than a handful! I know Tommy is an absolute tool, but to suggest throwing YET ANOTHER young half into the mix with very little experience, only to have them lose the game, potentially ruin the kids confidence (and therefore possibly career) and watch him fall by the wayside just shows how bad NSW are going at the moment, that someone would even toss up his name as a possibility - regardless of his position (or lack of) in the game. I love it! icon_thumbs_u

Emma said:
Touche - but at least he'd played more than a handful! I know Tommy is an absolute tool, but to suggest throwing YET ANOTHER young half into the mix with very little experience, only to have them lose the game, potentially ruin the kids confidence (and therefore possibly career) and watch him fall by the wayside just shows how bad NSW are going at the moment, that someone would even toss up his name as a possibility - regardless of his position (or lack of) in the game. I love it! icon_thumbs_u
Ha ha me too.

He barely cuts it in first grade..... [icon_lol1.

Yeah well, Tommy Raudonikis wasn't NSW coach for long....and for good reason :P

Apparantly Tommy applies every year and he gets knocked back... hahahahaha.

As for Pearce being selected last year - disgraceful decision. He played the game like a normal club game and we all know the result. NSW are using a smoke screen by saying the origin games have been close in the four years. 06 we had the shitter team and won - fair dinkem great series. The 07 and 08 though - we looked spades ahead imo. We had a terrible game 1 2008 - but the team selections were wrong and we corrected them. NSW have looked out of sorts and I'm not sure if they actually HAVE achieved anything yet. Their time will come. Hayne and the Morris boys - give them a few years.

Patten called in as 18th man, might play fullback if Gidley can't train by Monday.
If Gidley is out who do you think would be named captain? Surely no one on Debut can me made captain..... Kimmorley? LOL

Im glad Patten is 18th man too after seeing his efforts at grounding kicks the other week lol. 2 kicks, stuffed up both, lucky 3rd ref didnt see the 2nd **** up

Patten is a very good replacement if he ends up playing. Safe and reliable most of the time. Gets involved in attack. Has a combination with both Ennis and Kimmorley.

Rock - I'm with you on Lyon.

Lyon is a dead set joke. Seriously. I don't usually hold grudges and I'm not even a Parra fan but the guy's a dead set joke. NOT a fan.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Tmac
  • Justwin
  • Stix
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Jazza
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Strop
  • sooticus
  • Midean
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Broncorob
  • Lostboy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • broncotville
  • Allo
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.