[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm ya farm folks. He may still be wanting to come and this is damage control from the Raiders to try and stop a media circus around it.

Well the same goes for him & Barba. End the media circus. Relent, and let us sign them. The fact that they're trying to minimise media speculation is stupid, because while the ANY negotiations are going on, it'll be a distraction to the player anyway. Get it sorted, get their heads clear, get the season finished.

Anthony: Furner.. my dad is dying and I'd really like to go live with him.. please
Furner: LOLNO

Should the Raiders deny him a release, then in November he can still sign with us for 2015, that then forces the Raiders into a decision.

A) release him to the Broncos for 2014 - to prevent them further developing him for the Broncos to take advantage of.

B) force him to stay for 2014 and play him in first grade - thus spending the extra time and money on developing a young player who will be GONE the following year

C) Keep him in reserve grade the entire year (2014) - that would be like cutting their nose of to spite their face.

IMHO, option A would be their best option as they could then develop a player who is likely to stay with them... I'm sure they want him to stay, but that appears unlikely

He doesn't sound very convincing in that interview.

No real commitment either way.

What interview?

Just showed interview with Milford on ten. Said he will do what his parents want him to do. Anyone have the Milfords phone number? Lol

He's from inala and I was there til age 4 when I moved next door to forest lake. Guess ill start the door knocking

Want me to look up milfords in inala phonebook?

Just showed interview with Milford on ten. Said he will do what his parents want him to do. Anyone have the Milfords phone number? Lol

Sounds positive in that he's copping out. Obviously doesn't want to look like a deserter to his team-mates and club, so he's saying his parents are wanting him to.

He didn't appear to say that to me. I thought he was basically saying he not coming

Sounds positive in that he's copping out. Obviously doesn't want to look like a deserter to his team-mates and club, so he's saying his parents are wanting him to.

Yep, that's how I saw it too. Man I hope this one happens, even more so than Barba TBH.

Can't wait till get my tbox so I can watch Milford in action. Hopefully good as all say he is

VIDEO: Anthony Milford and Josh Papalii - Canberra Raiders

I found this interview actually pretty promising, maybe I'm reading him the wrong way, but every time they speak about the Broncos or leaving Canberra he pretty much says "I'm contracted until 2014, that's all I know, I'll let my manager work out the rest".. Or something along those lines, he never actually denies it.

VIDEO: Anthony Milford and Josh Papalii - Canberra Raiders

I found this interview actually pretty promising, maybe I'm reading him the wrong way, but every time they speak about the Broncos or leaving Canberra he pretty much says "I'm contracted until 2014, that's all I know, I'll let my manager work out the rest".. Or something along those lines, he never actually denies it.

I am hoping your read is right. Not having seen him play I can only go on stats and they look great for a young fella

Seems like a convenient cut there. "As you know, I'm contracted till next year, but going to the Broncs would be awesome". Errr, cut that last bit eh...

Damn NRL.com! I clicked on the article, but it didn't work. The headline and link basically said "I'm homesick but I'm staying at the Raiders in 2014". Crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Rambstien
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • LittleDavey
  • Scdeac
  • bb_gun
  • sooticus
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
  • HarryAllan7
  • Santa
  • Manofoneway
  • Justwin
  • Ozired
  • lynx000
  • Broncs1459
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.