[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the outcome is we're going to have to wait until this season is over before any announcements are made. I honestly think that the media might have ruined any chances we had of getting him next year.

I know it only the mole but he reckons Milford will be here next year. The more I read about this it seems like the raiders are just digging their heels in and want to play this out as long as possible, but at the end of the day know that if he wants to go (which it seems like he does) he will go. I think now that this clause has come out it makes it harder for the raiders. Come November 1 we can sign him for 2015 and then they are stuck, do the keep developing a player that wont be there whilst looking like dicks because the kid wants to be near his sick father, or do they let him go? From a PR perspective you would think they have to let him go, I mean imagine if Milford signs on for 2015, the raiders make him stay despite the media going public with the family sickness clause and during the 2014 season his dad dies... PR nightmare

The Mole@RLW_Mole7h
@Xavier_155 Moley believes this saga will end with Milford playing in a @brisbanebroncos shirt in 2014.

Seriously people, take a deep breath. There's a lot of water to go under the bridge on this and Barba, and in all likelihood the clubs and players will just want to leave it until after the season.

There's no pressure on anyone to rush this. The players have contracts for next year. The Broncos haven't got anyone else they can be going after. So a bit of patience isn't an issue here.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

THE Canberra Raiders are digging their heels in over star rookie Anthony Milford but the fight is far from over with the Broncos still favoured to sign him, although they may have to wait until 2015. The Raiders delivered a public relations campaign for Milford yesterday with the 19-year-old telling media he would stay in Canberra "as far as I know".
However, Raiders chief executive Don Furner conceded his club would be competing against very large offers for Milford's services from 2015 and beyond.
The complicated anti-tampering rules for NRL players means Milford and his management can only start negotiating with rival clubs in November, 12 months before his Raiders contract ends.
It is understood the Broncos would only make contact with him at that time and Milford's homesickness could yet persuade him to demand a release from the remaining year of his contract during the summer.

It's ironic how everyone wants to know what's happening and wants to know NOW. And then when the news of negotiations go public, and it puts the plans in jeapordy, people go 'shit, why did they have to go public before it was sorted'?

I get it though, people here are looking for any positive news on the future, but you can't have one without the other. Sit there as nervous wrecks and only be told stuff once it's iron clad, or enjoy every little tidbit of information and risk that it might harm the chances.

i think when people say they want news they're hoping for something official from the club. media talk isnt really what we're after.

I'm afraid Gee is just sitting there enjoying the media trying to make him look good, like the calm before the storm when he screws it up.

Knowing our luck we'd sign him for 2015 and he'd go all Corey Norman on us next year.

i think when people say they want news they're hoping for something official from the club. media talk isnt really what we're after.

Yeah, and you're not going to get official talk, even from reliable sources like [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION], until it's official! At the moment the best case "official" news is that they're talking to Milford and/or Barba's management. No more, no less.

So it becomes an emotional roller coaster for people. One day you'll have Chris Garry saying it's "going to happen", people get excited. Next day, Canberra come out and say "it's not happening", and people are crushed. Next day, Chris Garry says "well, yes it is still probably going to happen", and tomorrow Canberra will say "no, it's definitely not happening".

It'll keep going that way probably until Christmas if nothing is decided.

So best bet is not to get your hopes up, and certainly not expect anything to happen before the Grand Final.

just saw darren while having lunch down at ice works. got a quick photo, didnt really want to pester him but i said 'have you ever been on bhq?'. he just winked and said expect an update soon

Last edited:
Hes making a comeback!!!!

just saw darren while having lunch down at ice works. got a quick photo, didnt really want to pester him but i said 'have you ever been on bhq?'. he just winked and said expect an update soon

haha I know your taking the piss but that would be so awesome if he was [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION]

Of course there are players on here and a few would have accounts.. I know of one player who signed up here to read about himself and was heartbroken by what he saw, if he still post here I'd like to point out that he still sucks but at least now he plays for team that sucks just as badly.

Of course there are players on here and a few would have accounts.. I know of one player who signed up here to read about himself and was heartbroken by what he saw, if he still post here I'd like to point out that he still sucks but at least now he plays for team that sucks just as badly.

Oh hai Steve Michaels!

If it happens it happens. I'll be stoked if we get him in 2015. 2014 is a bonus IMO. Whether we sign him or not we can sleep well knowing he is a Queenslander

1) Barba
6) Keary
7) Milford

State of Origin in 5 years is going to be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • jarro65
  • Reds2011
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • jd87
  • Purple Pills
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • Redfern_1980
  • Dazza 92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.