[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be fun watching the brilliant Adam and Josh Reynolds destroy them :001_tt2:
Neither would be classed as brilliant but does not mean they would not be good origin players. NSW would have been harder to beat this year if they had selected Josh Reynolds at 5/8. He is a shithead like Bird and made for getting down and dirty in origin

Neither would be classed as brilliant but does not mean they would not be good origin players. NSW would have been harder to beat this year if they had selected Josh Reynolds at 5/8. He is a ****head like Bird and made for getting down and dirty in origin

Josh Reynolds seems physically made for Origin, but I reckon his ball playing is even more limited than Maloney's. Both are just straight out ball runners. When you have someone horrific like Pearce at halfback, I think you really need Carney or even Mullen to partner him.

Back on topic, the Lurker from Sportal has some new-ish news regarding Milford signing with us.

Ask The Lurker - Round 21 - League - Sportal Australia

Q: (@8siwel8) Broncos any chance of getting some playmakers?? WE NEED SOME DESPERATELY
The Lurker: They are looking around but not much out there. Despite the denials from the Raiders, I think they will get Anthony Milford.... a good start

He also said this:
Q: (@abartolsic) Has Barba and Kennedy signed with @brisbanebroncos?
The Lurker: Kennedy has signed with the Broncos, Barba has NOT. He will ask for a release to join his family in QLD and if the Dogs don't give it to him, it starts getting messy.

Last edited:
I dont have any inside sources but I am quietly confident that we will see Ben Barba and Anthony Milford wearing the beautiful jersey of the mighty Brisbane Broncos next year! :)

I am fairly confident as well. There are now 1910, Lurker and Mole saying he will be at Broncos next year.
where there is smoke invariably there is fire

if you want to have a laugh go and have a look at the moles twitter feed. the Mole is really copping it from Raiders fans for saying that Milford will be a bronco next season. lol,

at one point he says that Milford is an 88.3% chance of signing with us ... he also says not to believe the lies about Milford staying in Canberra ... some of the posts:

The Mole@RLW_Mole2h
@pwh35491 @MarkRaider1 @Tuxy81 Milford? 88.3% He wants out. Don't believe the lies. Unless u want to...

BHQ even gets a mention:

Dylan_giovanni®@RealGiovanni1819m
@RLW_Mole @MarkRaider1 Ive heard on a broncos forum that milford has partually signed (thats why broncos released wallace&prince) next year.

So I should mention that BHQ now has new functionality to embed Twitter posts, you need to go into advanced editor and there's a tweet button or just use [TWEET*] tweet number here [*/TWEET] but remove the *

Example:
Lets say we start here here - https://twitter.com/RLW_Mole
1. Click the post you want to share to expand it
2. Click the details button
067190929ca4378f7044c34f0679b4d7.png

3. That opens a new tab, in the URL copy the end part, the numbers only.
9dc2a3a2dd8d3489ecb12ce88a179090.png

4. Use the Twitter button in advanced or just type the tag yourself, it'll look like this
e89244eb8a692fa326401d2bea12736e.png

Post it and the end result is this:
[TWEET]362933358000488450[/TWEET]

Thought that would be helpful for some of you guys, looks much cleaner that way :thumbup1:

Sorry I realise it's off topic but there's so many tweet copies in this thread I thought I had to mention it :laugh:

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind Kev as an assistant for 2014.

romour is he as signed on as assistant coach but has a get out clause if a head coach job is offered to him. Hopefully our "get out clauses" work in the same way the raiders think they work. i.e the club needs to agree to them wanting to use it.

Maybe he isn't coming then. Whats the point of a clause if both have to agree to it? Isn't that just mutually ending a contract? So his contract is no different than any other players?

You agree to doing this thing for this amount of time for this set price, unless x happens then you can chose to cease doing this thing...as long as we say you can.

My few cents worth:

I read the Raiders have had Milford on scholarship since he was 12 and it thus seems at least one reason, aside from his skills and talent, why they are reluctant to let him go. I actually sympathize with them as much as I want him here. (why didn't we offer him a scholarship? I'm sure we have a very good reason, don't we?)

As for the "get out clause", and if it requires mutual consent by the parties to the contract, it is really nothing more than a special example of terminating a contract. I mean "resignation" from work is a get out clause. It is an example of both parties agreeing to end the contract and it is the worker's right to exercise this "get out" clause, and the employer must consent to it, unless there are other clauses in the contract affecting the operation of the "resignation" get out clause. Like, your boss won't accept your resignation ... you are getting sacked for .... whatever.

The point is, any contract can be terminated by any party to a contract. However, there are always consequences, usually financial, depending on the contract and how it sets out the ways it can be terminated, and its consequences.

So I guess with Milford's so-called "get-out" clause, if it has to be mutual, then that is how it is, and will no doubt have financial consequences for both parties.

If it isn't mutual then, there will be no doubt totally different financial consequences for Milford and whoever wants to sign him.

Loyalty and cash make uneasy bedfellows these days

My few cents worth:

I read the Raiders have had Milford on scholarship since he was 12 and it thus seems at least one reason, aside from his skills and talent, why they are reluctant to let him go. I actually sympathize with them as much as I want him here. (why didn't we offer him a scholarship? I'm sure we have a very good reason, don't we?)
Milford came from the Raiders nursery in Logan. They snatched him pretty early and credit to them in all fairness.
Like you, I totally understand their reluctance to release him, and I'd be pissed off too if another club came along and used the sick family subterfuge to get him. I hope we didn't come up with that idea, even if it is a ruthless world out there!

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the players agents are circling the Broncos like vultures.
They know we need personnel and probably have heaps of room under the cap, so they're all checking their players contracts for get away clauses to get their clients (and themselves) more money...

Milford came from the Raiders nursery in Logan. They snatched him pretty early and credit to them in all fairness.
Like you, I totally understand their reluctance to release him, and I'd be ****ed off too if another club came along and used the sick family subterfuge to get him. I hope we didn't come up with that idea, even if it is a ruthless world out there!

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the players agents are circling the Broncos like vultures.
They know we need personnel and probably have heaps of room under the cap, so they're all checking their players contracts for get away clauses to get their clients (and themselves) more money...

P ... we need speed off the mark, a good pass and kick and quick reflexes for our 2nd half back. Fingers crossed. Only fingers :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dexter
  • Gaz
  • Foordy
  • ozzball
  • Culhwch
  • jarro65
  • broncos4life
  • Morepudding
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosgirl
  • dasherhalo
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.