[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably the worst circumstances to obtain a player. Barba's is similar, but without the health issue. i just hope whatever may or may not happen with his old man doesn't affect his football too much if he does come

And what's this get out clause that requires both parties to agree? :cuckoo:

It's probably the worst circumstances to obtain a player.

Yup, and of course every Raiders supporter is going to say "what scumbags" blah blah blah even though it's his family requesting the move.

Edit: just read the Raiders forum, they are suggesting we are influencing the doctor - what kind of fucking lunatic jumps to that conclusion?

Last edited:
Definately bad circumstances to get him, and will feel even worse if he does come up here and his father passes.. He'd really want/need Papali around if that were to happen.

Raiders link: Requested Topic does not exist.

Definately bad circumstances to get him, and will feel even worse if he does come up here and his father passes.. He'd really want/need Papali around if that were to happen.

Raiders link: Requested Topic does not exist.

Seems they deleted the thread, Stay classy Raiders..

No they just merged it with the other Milford thread. They deleted the most offensive post though.

I still want Milford regardless of how we obtain him, hopefully his old man does get better though.. seems like he really loves his family.

Really want Milford but not at the expense of his father. Don't really want him if he doesn't want to come to the Broncos to play for the Broncos either. If he wants to come to Brisbane to play for the Broncos then I'd love to have him.

Feel sorry for the raiders too though. Would be very disappointing for them if they lost him.

Breaking News

We are hearing that BOTH Anthony Milford and Ben Barba will be announced as signings for the Brisbane Broncos this week.
What a couple of gets they are for the BIG BROTHER team of Queensland. In a season of major disappointments for all three Queensland NRL teams this is a major statement from Brisbane headquarters.
With Origin hopeful Marty Kennedy, the Roosters strong man already added there is change in the air at the Broncos.
What more can we expect? Perhaps some change in assistants for head coach Griffin?
Stay tuned.

I'm not sure about the credibility of this site, but both Milford and Barba is a MASSIVE coup for the Broncs. I'll be getting pissed as hell the night this is announced.

Can you sum up what they were saying? As I was reading the article I could imagine the raiders forum with claims we are with holding his dads heart medication to make her give those quotes. They are scum!

Here are some of the comments from the Greenhouse :loool:

there must be some big money bags coming from the broncos... his father says he is getting better but his mother and doctor are saying a different story...

they cant move his because his doctor wont let his father travel, i find that pretty suss.

The broncos are probably sitting next to her as she is doing this interview rubbing there hands together

The more this goes on and the more crap that comes out about it the more pissed off I'm getting with the entire situation.... There is no way Inala has better **** doctors than Canberra... **** me ANYWHERE has better doctors than **** Inala.... I vote 3rd world countries have witch doctors better than GP's in Inala....

**** I hate the Broncos. Bunch of inbred ****. Having to put up with their basket case of a football team every Friday night is torture. They are fast becoming my most hated team(Currently Manly), which is a pretty big call considering I'm a Raiders fan living in Manly.

This is looking very grubby on the Bronc's behalf...dodgy ****

Look at the burn on this Broncos thread. The exaggeration levels here are staggering:

http://broncoshq.com/rumour-mill/21955- ... os-14.html

A doctor telling somebody they can't move or travel from Brisbane to Canberra due to a heart condition. That'll do me.

There's something odd going on here, but at the end of the day it doesn't look like the kid, or that club, has a choice.

Carney, Dugan and Milford all in the space of 5 seasons. We are dead set cursed!

Having had a father who nearly died from a heart attack, the doctors made it bluntly clear we needed to ensure stress was minimised and that included travel until he was ready to do so, trust me if I was living elsewhere in Australia during this period I would have quit my job and moved to the Gold Coast to be there if I felt in anyway my father may not be around for long. You can always get another job, but you won't always have the opportunity to be with your loved ones when they need you the most. I feel for Milford and I wouldn't care if he signed with the a local Qld Cup side or the Titans or was a bloody janitor if it meant he could be with his family in a time of need.

Last edited:
Lets just hope the kids Dad gets better. He isnt the first kid to be homesick or a family member to be ill. Sounds to me like his Mum just really wants him home to be with the family.

I really don't see how any sane person could question a doctor saying he can't travel. That is pretty bloody common with heart conditions.

I used to feel for the raiders losing top talent or the time, but not anymore. Publicly doubting someone over their fathers heart condition is pretty bloody low

Yeah, this is no longer a contract or 'improvement of the team' issue. It's obviously a very important family issue. I would hope if Milford does come home and ends up playing for the Broncos we compensate the Raiders very well. Just imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and we were losing a star player, I'm sure we'd expect the same.

Here are some of the comments from the Greenhouse :loool:

I love the one about Inala being shit. I know Inala ain't no paradise, but I had to spend about 6 hours in Canberra to sort out my UK working visa, but apart from a nice Chinese restaurant and a good CD shop the place has absolutely nothing going for it. I can see why a lot if their players turn out alcoholics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dexter
  • Gaz
  • Foordy
  • ozzball
  • Culhwch
  • jarro65
  • broncos4life
  • Morepudding
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosgirl
  • dasherhalo
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.