[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all from the press conference where he basically dismissed the question and said his manager would deal with his future, but as of right now he's still contracted to the Raiders until 2014.

AKA

Things are up in the air at the moment but I'm committed to my club and playing first grade this season.

Honestly, I'm getting less and less confident as this plays out in public.

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind an update from [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION]

yeah i feel like as soon as these things go public the deals fall through.

Me too. I don't understand why they don't try harder to keep it out of the media until the deals done.

I know that [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] can only tell us so much but tbh I reckon he's luck of updates after what has come out says it all :(

Haha, poor old [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] is going to login and have about 300 'notifications' from all of us desperados hanging on his every word! :laugh:

He/she/Darren Lockyer sounded pretty confident when he last updated us though, so fingers crossed!

yeah i feel like as soon as these things go public the deals fall through.

Milford even says in the interview that he was surprised with how the story came out in the papers and that he didn't really want to "go through them/there", I'm not sure what that means exactly but the media circus could have scared him off. It's around the 2:00 minute mark if anyone's interested.

darren has wednesdays off so we should get an update after lunch tomorrow

Milford even says in the interview that he was surprised with how the story came out in the papers and that he didn't really want to "go through them/there", I'm not sure what that means exactly but the media circus could have scared him off. It's around the 2:00 minute mark if anyone's interested.

yeah ok i just watched the video. that was certainly a strange way to answer the question if you were set on staying in canberra. it sounds like he was headed back to brisbane but now he honestly isnt sure quite whats happening. he does seem a little more twitchy when asked about the broncos and he was trying his best to deflect the questions.

Chris Garry has an update lol

Chris Garry ‏@chrisgarry1 56m@JoshHussey25 he will be there. Whether it is 2015 or 14. But he will be there. A lot of smoke screens up now.

The more this plays out, the more it seems he may complete his current contract and come in 2015. Kinda completely stuffs up our halves strategy for next year.

yep i reckon the fact this got to the media screwed it up.

Yeah just watched the video he is very twitchy with any questions regarding the broncos. When asked about it playing out in the papers and says "I was a bit surprised for it to come out like that" or something similar isn't exactly reassuring to the raiders. The whole interview was kind of weird to be honest, they kept basically begging him to say, "I'm going nowhere and want to be a raider for life" where as he was avoiding that at all possible and saying "as far as I know I'm contracted to the raiders for 2014"

Why would he stay if he plans on coming anyway? What happened to the clause? and why would the raiders even want him for one more year if they are going to lose him after he gets all his experience playing for them?

Chris Garry has an update lol

Chris Garry ‏@chrisgarry1 56m@JoshHussey25 he will be there. Whether it is 2015 or 14. But he will be there. A lot of smoke screens up now.

The more this plays out, the more it seems he may complete his current contract and come in 2015. Kinda completely stuffs up our halves strategy for next year.

Well thanks a lot Chris garry and your media buddy's, it's only a huge part of our season next year, but hey you probably sold a few more papers on Sunday so that's all that's important yeah? Arseholes

Why would he stay if he plans on coming anyway? What happened to the clause? and why would the raiders even want him for one more year if they are going to lose him after he gets all his experience playing for them?

raiders may see 2014 as their best chance at having a good mix of youth + experience (before campo breaks for good)

It is looking more and more likely that the Raiders will continue to develop Milford in 2014 for the
Broncos to benefit in 2015.

What that says to me is the Broncos have made an approach to the Raiders, the Raiders are now negotiating hard and want big compensation for them to release Milford for next year.

If negotiations weren't happening why would Milford even say he didn't really want it to come out in the media that way or that his management team are handling all that.

*Edit*
............and I reckon negotiations are still happening.

Last edited:
Should the Raiders deny him a release, then in November he can still sign with us for 2015, that then forces the Raiders into a decision.

A) release him to the Broncos for 2014 - to prevent them further developing him for the Broncos to take advantage of.

B) force him to stay for 2014 and play him in first grade - thus spending the extra time and money on developing a young player who will be GONE the following year

C) Keep him in reserve grade the entire year (2014) - that would be like cutting their nose of to spite their face.

IMHO, option A would be their best option as they could then develop a player who is likely to stay with them... I'm sure they want him to stay, but that appears unlikely

Unfortunately option B is their best option. Its not the first time this situation has happened and Milford would give them the best chance of winning games in 2014. It also gives them an extra year to source a replacement if they dont have one readily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fatboy
  • Skyblues87
  • Santa
  • Reds2011
  • Redfern_1980
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • lynx000
  • porouian
  • johnny plath
  • jarro65
  • Waynesaurus
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.