[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Re: [OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

sticky's cited numerous reasons for moving back, family only being one of them. just some are focused on just the one. also cited numerous reasons why he didn't head back earlier. he enacted a clause which entitled him to leave parra which i'm sure everyone who knows anything about league can agree was a smart move.
milf case is very different. he has a clause, where certain conditions have not yet been met that lets him activate it. if those conditions come about i'm sure sticky and the club won't have any problems releasing him.

Lol, the clause being "nope, you can't leave unless we say so". What's the point of such a thing haha.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

What clause did Sticky have?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

What clause did Sticky have?

apparently something along the lines of "leave whenever you want for whatever reason you like"

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Bait

Last edited by a moderator:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Ricky had a pause that allowed him to leave to a club supported by the supporter in question making his reasons ok. Milford has a clause to leave the club of said supporter, makes it not ok. Therefore, as mentioned, the situations are 'very' different.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Leave the petty name-calling and poster discussion out of it folks.

This thread is about Milford, stick to it.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'm completely over this Milford debacle. I just can't understand how this isn't sorted yet. Get it done so we can all move on.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
sticky's cited numerous reasons for moving back, family only being one of them. just some are focused on just the one. also cited numerous reasons why he didn't head back earlier. he enacted a clause which entitled him to leave parra which i'm sure everyone who knows anything about league can agree was a smart move.
milf case is very different. he has a clause, where certain conditions have not yet been met that lets him activate it. if those conditions come about i'm sure sticky and the club won't have any problems releasing him.

Sticky's other reason he publicly stated was that it was best for his career. Can you imagine the Raiders faithful if Milford used that excuse?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Ignored Mod Instructions

B

brodster_1

BRL Player
Jul 2, 2013
Ignored Mod Instructions

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'm completely over this Milford debacle. I just can't understand how this isn't sorted yet. Get it done so we can all move on.

Which is why the club ensures most of these transfers happen privately. The media grabs a hold of these stories and allow the negotiations to play out in public in order to sell papers. That's why you see nothing articles like the one about Milford's potential code switch or the one recently where the Broncos had to do everything to sign him. It's really trying on the supporters who are obviously sick of being disappointed.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

if she was to report it, barba would be in deep shit. his earning potential would drop dramatically, meaning her child support payments would also drop in the same fashion. its in her kids best interests to not report it

You don't pay child support when you live together as they no doubt will soon anyway, they are sorting out any issue they had and as long as her wishes are to rebuild with him, we the public should leave them be. She isn't in any obvious danger and neither are the kids, IF and it's a massive IF he did actually strike her it appears to be a one off thing that they have both worked on afterwards and repaired any damage done to their relationship.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

At the end of the day Milford will decide where he wants to be and it won't matter whether you or I like the decision. For all we know Milford and Papali could have an issue with Sticky after the Papali to Eels fiasco earlier this year. They seem pretty tight

BG99

BG99

BRL Player
Aug 5, 2013
Where did I insult you before that last post?

your reply to my original post was an attack. then you accused me of not being able to read, which is about as insulting as what i said to you. don't dish it out if you can't take it

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008

BG99, I am genuinely curious, how did you get your hands on Milford's contract? Are you mates with him or Ayoub?

BG99

BG99

BRL Player
Aug 5, 2013

apparently something along the lines of "leave whenever you want for whatever reason you like"

actually, that was his clause. had it put in there because of how unstable the eels board is, a prudent measure if you ask me.
and to be clear, despite the fact it is quite well known, milfords clause is to the effect if his fathers health deteriorates. his fathers health has actually improved so the clause cannot be activated, thats why they're different.

BG99

BG99

BRL Player
Aug 5, 2013

At the end of the day Milford will decide where he wants to be and it won't matter whether you or I like the decision. For all we know Milford and Papali could have an issue with Sticky after the Papali to Eels fiasco earlier this year. They seem pretty tight

very true. tbh i really like the guy and wish him all the best. if that means playing for the broncs then i'm right behind him, just not til 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Brocko
  • Dony Eliakim
  • sooticus
  • Griffo
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Maroon4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.