Status
Not open for further replies.
Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Re: [OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

very true. tbh i really like the guy and wish him all the best. if that means playing for the broncs then i'm right behind him, just not til 2015
If I need to write some new contracts, can you help me. Your clause knowledge is second to none. Bordering on clairvoyance. Do you have crystal balls?

BG99

BG99

BRL Player
Aug 5, 2013

If I need to write some new contracts, can you help me. Your clause knowledge is second to none. Bordering on clairvoyance. Do you have crystal balls?

and u call me a troll

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

but still be living off his wages. its the same thing....

You know as well as we do that unless the ARLC de-registered him (and that appears unlikely unless criminal charges were laid given the Bird and Inglis cases) that Barba would have easily picked up another team and it is doubtful that his income would have been affected. actually if the Bulldogs had sacked him, he probably would be in a BETTER financial position, given the money he was on at the Bulldogs.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008

and u call me a troll
BG, you responded to everyone but me. How did you get Milford's contract with the raiders?

BG99

BG99

BRL Player
Aug 5, 2013

BG, you responded to everyone but me. How did you get Milford's contract with the raiders?

sorry lynx didn't mean to leave you out. i don't have his contract

BG99

BG99

BRL Player
Aug 5, 2013

You know as well as we do that unless the ARLC de-registered him (and that appears unlikely unless criminal charges were laid given the Bird and Inglis cases) that Barba would have easily picked up another team and it is doubtful that his income would have been affected. actually if the Bulldogs had sacked him, he probably would be in a BETTER financial position, given the money he was on at the Bulldogs.

thats my whole point

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008

Mate, if that is the case, isn't everything that you have posted about what the clause may or may not say, or what the pre-conditions are and whether they have been satisfied, pretty much ill-informed speculation?

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

Mate, if that is the case, isn't everything that you have posted about what the clause may or may not say, or what the pre-conditions are and whether they have been satisfied, pretty much ill-informed speculation?
Nicely cut thru lynx.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

So you said everything is available with research and now you say you don't have his contract, so how exactly do you know more than the rest of us about Milford's and Sticky's contracts?

Please don't conveniently miss this question.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Mine says the Sunshine State. The education system is antiquated up here

Mine say "QUEENSLANDER - 8 IN A ROW!"

Plate%20of%20origin.jpg

:thumbup1:

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Pretty sure Milford will be asking for a release. Just a matter of what the Raiders decide.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Pffft, call yourselves supporters? I have personalised Broncos plates.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
i hope this gets sorted out soon. but if it becomes a choice between Milf and DCE, i think we should go for DCE

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

CANBERRA and homesick centre Anthony Milford appear headed for a bitter showdown after a last-ditch bid from new coach Ricky Stuart failed to convince the young star to return to the national capital.

Since his controversial move to the Raiders from the Eels, Stuart has made no secret of the importance he places on retaining Milford, who along with boom Tigers youngster Luke Brooks is considered the premier young playmaker in the game.
The 18-year-old underlined his class and promise by winning the Mal Meninga Medal as Canberra's player of the year at the club's recent presentation night, despite having played just 18 games, several of which were off the bench.
Stuart flew to Brisbane on Friday to discuss the contract situation. Milford is seeking to exercise a clause in his deal that allows him to return home to Brisbane to be with his ill father.
Canberra chief executive Don Furner has made it clear the Raiders intend to block any attempt by Milford to sever ties with the Green Machine.
However, that position has become almost untenable as the Raiders' secured Stuart after the coach exercised a get-out clause to be released by Parramatta on the same compassionate grounds as Milford.
The Raiders have previously stated their intention to make Milford stand down for an entire season should he fail to return for the start of pre-season training. That situation is becoming increasingly more likely after Friday's meeting failed to yield any positive reaction from Milford and his family.
The Broncos remain ready to snap-up the Queensland under-20s representative, a signing that along with former Bulldog Ben Barba and Roosters big man Martin Kennedy would go a long way to filling the holes in Anthony Griffin's squad this season.
There was, however, better news for Brisbane regarding Barba. Club officials expressed relief at the findings of an investigation into allegations he was involved in an incident of domestic abuse against former partner Ainslie Currie.
Chief operating officer Jim Doyle said the NRL had no plans to release any more information from the report because of the private and confidential nature of the findings.
NRL head of football Todd Greenberg, who was interviewed by the game's integrity unit over his handling of the situation when he was Canterbury chief executive, declined yesterday to comment on the findings of Tony Bannon SC when contacted by The Australian.
As a result, questions will go unanswered. The NRL will also face further criticism, although its response was to point out the investigation was carried out by an independent person.
"There is a lot of confidential and sensitive information in there that's not appropriate to be released," Doyle said.
Broncos boss Paul White has praised the decision and the work of Bannon, who is said to have compiled a report more detailed and complete than any previously handed to the current NRL administration.
"From a club perspective we are just really happy for Ben and for his family that this matter has drawn to a close," White said.
"Obviously this has been a tough time and the Broncos are committed to helping Ben and Ben's family in any way they may require and any way we think is necessary to help them. This is a commitment we make to all the players who join the Broncos' family and Ben is part of that family."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Big Del
  • Stix
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • kiwi2
  • Dony Eliakim
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.