[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013
Lets hope he does it soon, then we can move on over the next few weeks to speculate what Canberra's response will be.

I think you mean months. It's got to be passed by parliament first.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
BRISBANE has found a novel way to overcome their failed recruitment strategies of recent years.

Realising they have lost too many good ones, the Broncos have taken to contacting former Queensland based players and preying hard on the "come home" strategy.

Those still under contract get their offers dressed up under "compassionate grounds".

Already the club has paid the Bulldogs compensation for Ben Barba joining them next year, as they did previously with Ben Hannant.

Now the Broncos are chasing hard for Cameron Smith, telling him it is time to come home. Anthony Milford is another on the verge of going, despite his contract, while Daly Cherry-Evans has also been linked to the club.

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
BRISBANE has found a novel way to overcome their failed recruitment strategies of recent years.

Realising they have lost too many good ones, the Broncos have taken to contacting former Queensland based players and preying hard on the "come home" strategy.

Those still under contract get their offers dressed up under "compassionate grounds".

Already the club has paid the Bulldogs compensation for Ben Barba joining them next year, as they did previously with Ben Hannant.

Now the Broncos are chasing hard for Cameron Smith, telling him it is time to come home. Anthony Milford is another on the verge of going, despite his contract, while Daly Cherry-Evans has also been linked to the club.

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au
As opposed to the wonderful Raiders retention strategy.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
What a load of shit that story is. Some idiot Journos' take on events with no credible sources or quotes from anyone.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Broncos aggressive in the market after poor performing season shock horror!!!

Lol at "chasing hard after Smith". Surprised Kent didnt add more names to the list to suit his argument.

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
I've said this before and I'll say it again - it is not the NRL's job to investigate whether or not serious crimes took place. What are the police for?

What does Paul Kent seriously expect the NRL to do? Confiscate Barba's and Currie's phones? Conduct interviews with them and people associated with the supposed incident like Des Hasler and Currie's texting-friend? Collect evidence to provide a reason to suspend Barba?

As soon as the NRL said "the investigation is complete", that should have been the end of the matter. Instead, journalists like Paul Kent and James Hooper still have this burning desire to see Barba suspended from playing for the Broncos.

Maybe they're Bulldogs fans dirty on him for leaving two years early. Maybe they just hate the fact that he's a Queenslander playing at the only NRL club with no cockroaches in it. Whatever their reasoning is, the way that they, as "professional" journalists, have handled this affair has been totally inappropriate. They have their own twisted sense of justice and on what grounds you can suspend a player.

Rant over.

Last edited:
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
they keep missing the point that she denies any violence against her. its her right to do this. i get the fact that many victims of domestic violence do not wish to report but you cant just force her to, because 'many others dont'. she and barba seem to be quite happy now so whatever happened is in the past and theyve worked together to resolve their differences and so forth. its a private matter and that is that, as far as im concerned.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
This Broncos article by Paul Kent has Ricky Stewart agenda written all over it. They are very close mates

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
What ***** me off about kent and hooper are their agendas. I can guarantee you that if barba was going to any club besides brisbane kent would be praising it as the signing of the decade and screaming from the rafters that he did nothing wrong

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
What ***** me off about kent and hooper are their agendas. I can guarantee you that if barba was going to any club besides brisbane kent would be praising it as the signing of the decade and screaming from the rafters that he did nothing wrong

The agendas are no worse or better than in the courier mail just different, journalists now days are pretty crap with no integrity.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
Have a look at what is happening in the AFL. Players leave clubs because of 'homesickness' at a laughable rate. Lions might actually have to trade 5 guys because of it.

Was only a matter of time before it came creeping into the NRL.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Have a look at what is happening in the AFL. Players leave clubs because of 'homesickness' at a laughable rate. Lions might actually have to trade 5 guys because of it.

Was only a matter of time before it came creeping into the NRL.

Difference is AFL players don't get to pick which club drafts them.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Wasn't one of the afl players in court for rape?? Steven Milne was it? That was just swept under the rug, that was appalling!! But does the media report crud like this on it?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Someone on the GH reckons that milf on FB posted on one of his brissie mates walls to "call me when you can I have some really exciting news about next year"

Could be a lie, could be completely unrelated, could be great news.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
He'll be yours next year unless Raiders decide to play hardball and the more rumours about chasing their juniors the more likely that'll be the case IMO, if broncos were smart they would've waited till after they'd snared him before talking about Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • KickHaas
  • Manofoneway
  • Lostboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Morkel
  • Santa
  • phoenix
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dexter
  • DrGee
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Mick_Hancock
  • theshed
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.