[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
[MENTION=8374]Bushman[/MENTION], regardless of the outcome for Milford, will you stay on this site after it's all over?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I could say the same mate, and the things you claim are false are BS, we don't develop just steal, our best are stolen? Those claims are as false about the Raiders as they would be about the Broncos, both clubs are strong on development and if every club matched their efforts league would be much stronger in this country

Yeah your best are stolen. Name me your best side and how many are from Queensland? Most of those guys I named would be in that side or go damn close. They were all playing first grade, winning comps and or playing rep football.

Raiders have done very well out of Qld over their history. Yet you bang on all the time about developing juniors- they are not your juniors! Milford is not your junior you just make that up.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
The clauses have been public knowledge since before talk of those players joining.

Mate while I don't like the ethics of what I believe the Broncos have done I do admire and am jealous that your board is prepared to do what it takes, ours have been too amateurish to do such a thing IMO, it's something I hope the new chairman and Ricky will change, they need to get tougher on and off field.

What have they done?

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
A bit of an update on the Milford situation for those who are still interested, it appears as though we will have to wait at least another 2 weeks for an answer.

The tug-of-war between Brisbane and Canberra for Milford still looks a couple of weeks from a resolution. Milford's manager Sam Ayoub told Locker Room they will sit down with the Raiders again shortly after the NRL grand final to discuss the situation further. ''It's honestly still status quo,'' Ayoub said. ''Stick [new Raiders coach Ricky Stuart] is still finding his feet down there and it was good to spend a bit of time with him in Brisbane last week. It's something we'll probably progress the week after the grand final, sit down and have a chat and go from there. It's in everybody's best interests to have it resolved before pre-season.''

Source: Biggest choke of all time? How about these?

IMO, if he was going to stay with Canberra wouldn't he have just re-signed already? Why keep dragging it out in the media unless there are legal matters to resolve, unless I am mistaken there should be no hold-ups in just accepting a bigger offer from the Raiders. Anyway, I'm pretty much over it all and I just hope that in the end the kid makes the right choice for him, not for his manager, not for money and not for his parents, it should be whatever he wants to do.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
This whole saga has become ridiculous

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
It's annoying, but it'll all be worth it if we sign him.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Interesting that Sydney clubs will be able to have an association with QLD cup sides again next season. Guessing Canberra will align with Souths again. Could that mean that Canberra just send Milford to play for Souths for a year??

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Yep I said that about a month back, that's what I would do if I were Canberra let him go to Brisbane but keep him at the same time by making him play for Souths.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yep I said that about a month back, that's what I would do if I were Canberra let him go to Brisbane but keep him at the same time by making him play for Souths.

It is an option that is for sure. You would think that he would sign for us for 2015 if that was the case anyway.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
For sure Beads I think that will happen just depends how much Canberra want to be c@#ts about it but you can see there side of it.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Isn't it up to Milford if he wants to leave or not because of clause, and all the Raiders are doing is convincing him to stay? I'd imagine he'd prefer to play NRL as opposed to QLD Cup.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Very true. They lose whichever way they go IMO. The only way they are happy is if Milford decides not to get a release for next year and commits to a few more season as a Raider. Sending him to Q cup out of spite is pretty low when you consider clubs cut players whenever they feel like it.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Isn't it up to Milford if he wants to leave or not because of clause, and all the Raiders are doing is convincing him to stay? I'd imagine he'd prefer to play NRL as opposed to QLD Cup.

I was under the impression the "clause" wasn't air tight and that the Raiders had a loop hole or perhaps had good reason to oppose it's activation.

I'd almost rather he sit out a year than play Qcup. Cut all ties with Canberra.

He could come and train with Brisbane couldn't he...?

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Raiders have done very well out of Qld over their history. Yet you bang on all the time about developing juniors- they are not your juniors! Milford is not your junior you just make that up.

No doubt they've done well out of Qld, they've also poured a lot of money into it.

Considering they've been on Milf, he's been in their system, helping to develop him, support him and his family since he was around 12 I'd call him their junior, or in your opinion do juniors purely have to be from within a certain distance of the club house regardless of what the club has done for them?

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Can we stop bumping this thread for this argument? maybe we can have this thread and a Anthony Milford discussion thread or something. Every time this bumps I think someone has some news and its just this same fucking argument each time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mustafur
  • Redfern_1980
  • Battler
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • Shane Tronc
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.