[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
far out... if he wanted to move home in 2014 for family reasons alone it could have been discussed at seasons end, as stated. thats not how it happened. instead the courier mail rain some sob story about how mum wants her little boy home and the big bad raiders won't let him - it needed to happen now so the broncs could have their 2014 cap sorted, thats why its dodgy.
further, to use family health as leverage in this scenario makes it even more disgusting
I know this may be going against science and stuff, but maybe if the Canberra mngmt had answered the queries from Ayoub (which btw, makes them official, especially in writing. That's how business works), this wouldn't have needed to go public. Given the clause in question is related to family health issues, is it scientifically accurate to say that mentioning them is relevant, as opposed to dodgy?

The dodgy part is the Raiders pretending their nose is bleeding and NOT answering at all, forcing Anthony, his family and agent's hand.

That's logic at work there, you should be familiar with it, as it's often used in science!

far out... if he wanted to move home in 2014 for family reasons alone it could have been discussed at seasons end, as stated. thats not how it happened. instead the courier mail rain some sob story about how mum wants her little boy home and the big bad raiders won't let him - it needed to happen now so the broncs could have their 2014 cap sorted, thats why its dodgy.
further, to use family health as leverage in this scenario makes it even more disgusting

Yes, but all the "family stuff" in his contract which Ayoub and others have made pretty much public, just like the Blake Ferguson stuff is public about his private life ... and the opinion that after the Storm game, the Raiders aren't much chop v top teams without Ferguson.

Same stuff really

I know this may be going against science and stuff, but maybe if the Canberra mngmt had answered the queries from Ayoub (which btw, makes them official, especially in writing. That's how business works), this wouldn't have needed to go public. Given the clause in question is related to family health issues, is it scientifically accurate to say that mentioning them is relevant, as opposed to dodgy?

The dodgy part is the Raiders pretending their nose is bleeding and NOT answering at all, forcing Anthony, his family and agent's hand.

That's logic at work there, you should be familiar with it, as it's often used in science!

you've based all of that on the word of a player manager, one of the worst going around i might add. thats definitely bad science and quite illogical.
still the part i'm claiming to be dodgy is that it had to be sorted out now. why not the end of the season??

Last edited:
Would explain why Qlds education system is considered the joke of Australia ;)

Well, no one is laughing about educating footballers

From what I have read of interviews with her she has been anything but aggressive towards the Raiders club, nor made them them out to be the "big bad raiders that won't let him", If anything shes been complementary and praised them.

If your that interested in seeing a family looking to make an employer look evil then travel back in time and look at the Hodges family episode after he signed with the Roosters and the big bad Broncos dared to look for another option in their team to replace him long term and how outrageous it was of them to do it, ffs they sold their story to the like of today tonight and ACA.

Just curious do you generally trust player managers, think they're not grubs, not use any means possible to line their own pockets as much as possible?

I don't trust player managers, however I probably trust them more than the furners

Would explain why Qlds education system is considered the joke of Australia ;)
I'd be willing to bet GB99 is an import... :tongue_smilie:

Can people stop arguing about how shit Canberra is/isn't, stop the arguing about why we suck/they are stupid, and keep the speculating on intentions to a minimum?

I keep checking this to see updates on Milford's move to the Broncos and for days now its just been drivel.

I don't trust player managers, however I probably trust them more than the furners

You mean the father and son team that run the Raiders? But then, that sort of stuff is fairly common in Canberra. I think it's called nepotism, not that I am suggesting that of the Raiders, no way.

Can people stop arguing about how **** Canberra is/isn't, stop the arguing about why we suck/they are stupid, and keep the speculating on intentions to a minimum?

I keep checking this to see updates on Milford's move to the Broncos and for days now its just been drivel.

Talk of Milford's move to the Broncos at this stage is drivel

you've based all of that on the word of a player manager, one of the worst going around i might add. thats definitely bad science and quite illogical.
still the part i'm claiming to be dodgy is that it had to be sorted out now. why not the end of the season??
And yet, no one from the Raiders has come out to rebate Ayoub's statement. Let's not forget he called the Raiders' CEO a liar publicly.

I'm not sure what science says about it, but business logic says... embarrassing!

Basically Raiders fans think Milford is a liar.

based on what exactly? dave is known widely as one of the nicest guys in league and his dad was also very well respected, enough to coach australia. now the older brother is a bit of an unknown but what exactly has he done for you to rate a player manager above him?

You mean the father and son team that run the Raiders? But then, that sort of stuff is fairly common in Canberra. I think it's called nepotism, not that I am suggesting that of the Raiders, no way.
They are brothers. Don Furner Snr hasn't been around for a while now.. McIntyre's wife changed nappies.. Your point still stands however..

And yet, no one from the Raiders has come out to rebate Ayoub's statement. Let's not forget he called the Raiders' CEO a liar publicly.

I'm not sure what science says about it, but business logic says... embarrassing!

cos the raiders don't get into slanging matches, they never do. especially via the media.
we actually put player welfare above business gains, maybe silly from a financial perspective but certainly not embarrassing

Basically Raiders fans think Milford is a liar.
No, some of us just think he needs to grow a set rather then hide behind obscure posts on Instagram.. Oh and learn to tackle.. And no that's not just since the Bronco's thing.. It's been an issue of his for some time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Emanon
  • Financeguy
  • Gaz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • Galah
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Howie
  • Foordy
  • Astro
  • Footy Fanatic
  • bert_lifts
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.