[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's hard guys, but you need to ignore the infuriating posts from BG99. He (I'll assume it's a he) will just keep coming back at you, provoking more reactions from us Bronco fans. Coming back at him in annoyance and frustration is just what he wants.

This forum has depreciated rapidly in the last few days. It used to be only Broncos fans tossing up the possibility of signing Milford and whether he should go to fullback or five-eighth. Now, it's become a battle between us and some Raiders fans over what we can interpret from the media. Let it end!

Last edited:
Yes.......Canberra are shunts if they stand in the way of a young man reuniting with his family, who obviously miss him dearly.

faarrrkkk. you've also missed the point. broncos aren't allowed to talk to him til the end of the season. it's clear they have and are attempting to use a contractual clause to ensure he's locked in before then. if they'd waited til the end of the season no problems, but they didn't

I am not sure if you missed it, but that entire last post was tongue firmly placed in cheek. Did you watch the clip? The term douche comes to mind..

To answer your question, we actually have not "lost" many players that we wanted to re-sign. Milford will be the first in a long time. There have been extenuating circumstances surrounding Dugan that many are not aware of also he was under contract, Carney never wanted to leave he just wouldn't pull his head in, Thompson has scored a deal well above his pay grade at the Dragons and I don't blame him for chasing it, Vidot got the sack casue he shacked up with Bronson Harrisons missus and funnily enough landed at the same club as himn again.. BH, was moved on as he was great for 3 seasons and then disappeared into relative obscurity and could not keep up with Papalii, Thompson and Edwards, Papalii only did it to lift his figure and deservedly so (he is a lot better than Thompson so it worked), Weyman was moved on because he could not run 40 without breaking down and was expected to be in the glue factory before too long, but Horse come good temporarily at the Dragons and I wish him well, umm, and you are more than welcome to throw others at me if you would like to know more.. But leaving cause we are Canberra based is a little off the mark..

My post was tongue and cheek mate.

I know it's hard guys, but you need to ignore the infuriating posts from BG99. He (I'll assume it's a he) will just keep coming back at you, provoking more reactions from us Bronco fans. Coming back at him in annoyance and frustration is just what he wants.

This forum has depreciated rapidly in the last few days. It used to be only Broncos fans tossing up the possibility of signing Milford and whether he should go to fullback or five-eighth. Now, it's become a battle between us and some Raiders fans over what we can interpret from the media. Let it end!

no i actually want a legitimate discussion. perhaps my style isn't what you're used to but i am genuine. just no one seems to be able to answer my questions...
WHY MID SEASON??
BECAUSE BRONCOS ARE INVOLVED!! THAT IS NOT ALLOWED!!

In BGs defence he is right in regards to the Raiders keeping things in house rather than playing it in the media, always have be it contracts or disputes. I won't say it's for players welfare or not but there's no point fighting Ayoub through the press pushing Milford further away
Yeah, I know most, if not all clubs would want to deal with this kind of stuff away from the media. Makes it the more stranger they forced Ayoub to take it to the press.

The point however, is that it is in de media now, and Don Furner has been called a liar. Not denying it will pretty much mean Ayoub is telling the truth.

Nevertheless, it's nice of you to cover for your Raiders mate... :laugh:

does any of you genuinely believe there's been no involvement from the broncos??

does any of you genuinely believe there's been no involvement from the broncos??

Of course they're involved. It's well known that Andrew Gee met with him down there. What's your point. His manager said he wants to do it now, the contract says he can, so too bad.

Firstly, it's "'do' any of you genuinely believe there's been no involvement from the broncos?"

Secondly, yes.

no i actually want a legitimate discussion. perhaps my style isn't what you're used to but i am genuine. just no one seems to be able to answer my questions...
WHY MID SEASON??

Er, because no one knows.

I would love to know how you know this? What's your source? Links?

WHY MID SEASON??
Mate, please observe the netiquette, no caps!

Let's just leave it at you having your very own interpretations of things. And by the looks of things, you're also not shy of gigantic conclusion leaps! :thumbup1:

Yeah, I know most, if not all clubs would want to deal with this kind of stuff away from the media. Makes it the more stranger they forced Ayoub to take it to the press.

The point however, is that it is in de media now, and Don Furner has been called a liar. Not denying it will pretty much mean Ayoub is telling the truth.

Nevertheless, it's nice of you to cover for your Raiders mate... :laugh:

don might not have even read that. is that a possibility?? or did mr ayoub tell you he did?
regardless just because there was no response does NOT make it true. it may seem strange to you, being a fan of the news limited broncos and all, but there is absolutely zero reason to dispute the word of a player manager

WHY MID SEASON??

Bullshit. The Broncos, as far as I'm aware, have made no public statement regarding signing Milford beyond him being a talent. Blame his manager all you want for the way he's playing this out in the media, but pointing the finger at the Broncos as the cause of that, is purely speculation on your part.

Last edited:
don might not have even read that. is that a possibility?? or did mr ayoub tell you he did?
regardless just because there was no response does NOT make it true. it may seem strange to you, being a fan of the news limited broncos and all, but there is absolutely zero reason to dispute the word of a player manager
Yes, you're right. :thumbup1:

Originally Posted by BG99

It would appear regardless of the reasons why. And I know it's a bitter pill to swallow. The kid no longer wants to be in Canberra. It will do the Raiders no service to either force him to stay or deny him a release to play elsewhere( where ever that may be). Team culture is built by team harmony, players wanting to play for each other. Sorry Raiders but its time to let him go

It's ridiculous to presume that the broncos have. There is nothing to suggest he has. He very recently discovered his father didn't have medical clearance to move to him. Therefore ayoub began talks with Canberra. Canberra refused to acknowledge this. Ayoub asked for a release (which was always required in order to for Anthony to move). The fact that someone has been leaking stuff to the paper has made things ugly. I doubt ayoub assumed the Queensland teams are interested and asked them if they are. Them being the broncs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Adammacca
  • Ffs...
  • Ondi
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • davidp
  • Broncs1459
  • Russell Coight
  • Pablo
  • bert_lifts
  • JayTeeM
  • Jason Simmons
  • Manofoneway
  • RolledOates
  • ezpz
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.