[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how you guys do things at GH, but when we make statements here, we tend to back them up with factual information, such as the source of said statements. Do you have factual information denying Ayoub's claim that he has contacted the Raiders verbally and in writing prior to going to the media?

If you are talking about the public request for release, you may be right, but we are well beyond that now in case you didn't notice.

As outlandish as it may sound, paying attention to the discussion on the topic, is generally helpful to join said discussion!

he may have contacted the raiders verbally and in writing, to which an appropriate response would have been - we'll discuss in the off season so we can all concentrate on footy. the request is for a release on the final year of his contract so why did it need to come out publicly now?? cos the broncs need their salary cap sorted before then, thats why

ok my bad i forgot you guys are a bit slower than the rest of us, down at the GH we're all over the facts. but i did include a link for ya's in the end anyways

Last edited:
With attractions like Mooseheads, random roadside artwork and a carousel I'm surprised their leaving

he may have contacted the raiders verbally and in writing, to which an appropriate response would have been "we'll discuss in the off season so we can all concentrate on footy". the request is for a release on the final year of his contract so why did it need to come out publicly now?? cos the broncs need their salary cap sorted before then, thats why

ok my bad i forgot you guys are a bit slower than the rest of us, down at the GH we're all over the facts. but i did include a link for ya's in the end anyways
Careful with the insults mate, learn your place!

Nothing of what you wrote is factual, absolutely nothing. Maybe you and your mates at the GH should consult the dictionary and find out what a fact is...?

That link is the public request, and nowhere does it state when the request was initially sent or whether the Raiders ever replied to it until Don Furner was forced to reply after it became public. Are you caught up now, or is any of the above too complicated?

Do you blame players for leaving? The team is based in Canberra FFS.

I am not sure if you missed it, but that entire last post was tongue firmly placed in cheek. Did you watch the clip? The term douche comes to mind..

To answer your question, we actually have not "lost" many players that we wanted to re-sign. Milford will be the first in a long time. There have been extenuating circumstances surrounding Dugan that many are not aware of also he was under contract, Carney never wanted to leave he just wouldn't pull his head in, Thompson has scored a deal well above his pay grade at the Dragons and I don't blame him for chasing it, Vidot got the sack casue he shacked up with Bronson Harrisons missus and funnily enough landed at the same club as himn again.. BH, was moved on as he was great for 3 seasons and then disappeared into relative obscurity and could not keep up with Papalii, Thompson and Edwards, Papalii only did it to lift his figure and deservedly so (he is a lot better than Thompson so it worked), Weyman was moved on because he could not run 40 without breaking down and was expected to be in the glue factory before too long, but Horse come good temporarily at the Dragons and I wish him well, umm, and you are more than welcome to throw others at me if you would like to know more.. But leaving cause we are Canberra based is a little off the mark..

Careful with the insults mate, learn your place!

Nothing of what you wrote is factual, absolutely nothing. Maybe you and your mates at the GH should consult the dictionary and find out what a fact is...?

That link is the public request, and nowhere does it state when the request was initially sent or whether the Raiders ever replied to it until Don Furner was forced to reply after it became public. Are you caught up now, or is any of the above too complicated?

what place is that exactly? catch me up on that one please..
none of what i wrote claims to be factual... apart from where i said the official release was made on sunday, which is a fact.
also, i'm not sure why you're so hung up on whether a request was public or not. no official request for release was made prior to sunday 4 august.
can you provide me some facts of where ayoub has stated an official request was made prior to this date? because thats the claim you're making, whether a request is public or not matters little

Last edited:
Sure, your place is that you are a visiting fan from another club and forum. As such you're expected to behave as any guest would.
Insulting the members of the place you're visiting by calling them slow, is not a good start.

As I said before, paying attention to the topic discussions is a helpful tool when you want to enter the conversation. I'll refer you to this post for the facts you ask:
http://broncoshq.com/rumour-mill/21955-%5Brumour%5D-anthony-milford-broncos-8.html#post2518549

Also, you saying that the official release was made on Sunday is not a fact, it's an assumption based on the title of the article you linked. However, no one is quoted mentioning a date where this request was made in that same article. Do you understand the difference between fact and assumption?

Milford just put a pick up on Instagram and it says " don't expect people to understand your grind when god didn't give them your vision"

Take from that what you will

he may have contacted the raiders verbally and in writing, to which an appropriate response would have been - we'll discuss in the off season so we can all concentrate on footy. the request is for a release on the final year of his contract so why did it need to come out publicly now?? cos the broncs need their salary cap sorted before then, thats why

that wasn't the response from the Raiders management ... in fact if you want to believe everything you read in the paper, the the fact is the Raiders made NO RESPONSE, that is why it was made public. if in fact the Raiders had responded as you claim, it is doubtful the OFFICIAL release would have been made public, only continued speculation from media outlets.

from Ayoub

"The facts are I spoke with them a month ago. I wrote to them two weeks ago with no response. Obviously the minute it becomes public, they react."

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

SO this wil go on and on until Milford gets a release and signs with the Broncos?

Last edited:
the big question though and one no can answer is why it has become public now? its not a request for immediate release so why put the pressure on??

SO this wil go on and on until Milford gets a release and signs with the Broncos?
Nah, until Peter Wallace wins the POTS!

The GH guys lame attempts are so funny. The last one was just over an hour ago, with 3 pts to Wallace, 2 for Maranta and 1 for Oates. :loool:

the big question though and one no can answer is why it has become public now? its not a request for immediate release so why put the pressure on??

Ayoub has told you why it was made public ... so he could get a response from the Raiders and not continually be ignored ... it being made public is entirely the Raiders fault and no one else...

If they had have responded to Milford manager in some way (even if it is we'd like to discuss it at seasons end to avoid disruption) none of this would have happened.

then they could have released a statement saying something like "due to the ill health of Milfords father, we have desided to release him on compassionate grounds"

now they will be seen as the heartless footy club that will put winning above the welfare of one of its players.

Because the Raiders were not answering the discreet ones obviously.

Let's just sign him for 2015 on November 1 and then let things fall into place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • kwomo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Waynesaurus
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Yellowfella
  • Dexter
  • Ffs...
  • broncotville
  • Strop
  • mitch222
  • Big Del
  • NSW stables
  • Broncos Maestro
  • jd87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Confidor
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.