[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
not really interested in the back and forths but this worm guy is pretty chill, capable of having a reasoned discussion without it degenerating into a war of words.

kudos.

I get that. But as I mentioned earlier, why was Ayoub speaking to the Raiders a month ago about activating this clause, when only 3 weeks ago the Milfords were in Canberra to assess the place as a possible future home? Does that seem accurate now? I do not think so.

I believe a more accurate veiw is that this "conversation" never took place and the action of the clause has only been since the visit and Ayoub is telling porkies to attempt to downplay the real reason of the change of heart and that is that since the visit took place and the parents not liking the City, Ayoub waddled up to Broncos HQ and said "I can get young Milford out of Canberra if you want him" and thus the circus began..
I agree with your assumption, the only difference being the timing. Whether is was 3 weeks ago or a month ago is not a big porkie, and it doesn't deny that he may have been trying it first outside of the press. On the other hand, Don Furner saying they are negotiating with Milford to stay at the Raiders seems to be a much bigger porkie, given Ayoub's categorically denied it...

Don't get me wrong, player agents are the scum of the earth, but don't for a moment think that club managements are much better...

I agree with your assumption, the only difference being the timing. Whether is was 3 weeks ago or a month ago is not a big porkie, and it doesn't deny that he may have been trying it first outside of the press. On the other hand, Don Furner saying they are negotiating with Milford to stay at the Raiders seems to be a much bigger porkie, given Ayoub's categorically denied it...

Don't get me wrong, player agents are the scum of the earth, but don't for a moment think that club managements are much better...

the official request for release only came on sunday. after the courier mail/broncos ran an article with obvious lies
don't see the funny timing about that

the official request for release only came on sunday. after the courier mail/broncos ran an article with obvious lies
don't see the funny timing about that
And you know this how?

If we give them Wallace AND Prince would it be a decent trade? 2 players with almost 10 games of Origin experience between them, for 1 who hasn't played a full season yet.

I get that. But as I mentioned earlier, why was Ayoub speaking to the Raiders a month ago about activating this clause, when only 3 weeks ago the Milfords were in Canberra to assess the place as a possible future home? Does that seem accurate now? I do not think so.

I believe a more accurate veiw is that this "conversation" never took place and the action of the clause has only been since the visit and Ayoub is telling porkies to attempt to downplay the real reason of the change of heart and that is that since the visit took place and the parents not liking the City, Ayoub waddled up to Broncos HQ and said "I can get young Milford out of Canberra if you want him" and thus the circus began..

or it is the Raiders telling "porkies" by claiming they were discussing an extension (when that wasn't actually the case), in order to try to not honour his get out clause.

I am a Raiders supporter. I know I have a bias veiw of these proceedings, and I admit that shines through, but I am not on here to create or cause waves, but to actually have a good chat about it with the "otherside"..

No worries. Just get rid of that avatar and we'll be cool. I recommend replacing it with one just like mine.

Any comments from the Broncos?

If we give them Wallace AND Prince would it be a decent trade? 2 players with almost 10 games of Origin experience between them, for 1 who hasn't played a full season yet.

Like I said on the GH only this morning.. I would prefer Buttsy to start at half back than either of them.. No offence..

or it is the Raiders telling "porkies" by claiming they were discussing an extension (when that wasn't actually the case), in order to try to not honour his get out clause.

The extension discussions have been going on for a long time regarding Milford. So I would say even if the talks had stalled, the fact still stands that the negotioations have been taking place well before the Bronco's became embroiled in this and the Raiders may have just embellished the extent of actual timing.

Not at all. He would not be happy with that as his motive is not "just" his family. It is the Bronco's and playing football in Brisbane.

And yes, the clause exists. but no one knows what the clause actually contains and on what grounds it can be activated. I assume and yes, as it is said this is an assumption that if his father got worse he can activate it. With his parents arriving in Canbera they as expected hated it and never wanted to move afterall (stupid time to woo a QLD'er is in middle of winter anyway) which is not the reason behind the clause and why Ayoub has hell or high water played on the health card still although Tony himself has contradicted this. Which has forced Ayoub to shut Tony up and is now reciting his quotes on his behalf. And as I said. Assumption. I admit this is just my take, but it seems a little convenient that a few weeks ago when Ayoub was apparently "emailing and waiting for a reply on the get out clause" Milf was showing his family around and looking at relocating..

The timing certainly fits!

See, no matter what way you look at it, nothing fits..

Hi wormy,

You cannot claim to know his motivation

The man claims he wants to return home to be near his sick father and continue working in his chosen field

Why shouldn't Milf be allowed to move back home for family reasons AND still continue to earn his living?

There would be only 1 reason - and that is if it is a breach of his contract

But if his get out clause allows this, then there can be no arguents

Bottom line, the wording in the contract is the crucial factor, and none of us have read it

It seems pretty clear what's happened now..

Milford's parents came down roughly a month ago to see if it was possible for them to move down, it was cold, wet, and shit, they came home and consulted their doctor if the move would even be a viable option in relation to the old mans health, he said no, his manager started talking to Canberra in private about leaving for 2014, they ignore him, he is forced to make it public so they react.

Stay classy Canberra.

cos thats how it went down. do a bit of research it only happened 2 days agao
I'm not sure how you guys do things at GH, but when we make statements here, we tend to back them up with factual information, such as the source of said statements. Do you have factual information denying Ayoub's claim that he has contacted the Raiders verbally and in writing prior to going to the media?

If you are talking about the public request for release, you may be right, but we are well beyond that now in case you didn't notice.

As outlandish as it may sound, paying attention to the discussion on the topic, is generally helpful to join said discussion!

It seems pretty clear what's happened now..

Milford's parents came down roughly a month ago to see if it was possible for them to move down, it was cold, wet, and shit, they came home and consulted their doctor if the move would even be a viable option in relation to the old mans health, he said no, his manager started talking to Canberra in private about leaving for 2014, they ignore him, he is forced to make it public so they react.

Stay classy Canberra.

They'd rather whinge about all the massive stars they've lost over the years. Yep. All of them.

Hi wormy,

You cannot claim to know his motivation

The man claims he wants to return home to be near his sick father and continue working in his chosen field

Why shouldn't Milf be allowed to move back home for family reasons AND still continue to earn his living?

There would be only 1 reason - and that is if it is a breach of his contract

But if his get out clause allows this, then there can be no arguents

Bottom line, the wording in the contract is the crucial factor, and none of us have read it

I could not agree more. I think this is where the battle will be lost or won, and both sides from the outside believe they have the upper hand, whether or not they do will eventually come out in the wash. But, it looks like it will unfortunately be a dirty little war played out in the media either way. But, don't get me wrong, I do feel for Anthony though. Outside of my bias, I do wish the best for the kid and whether it is with us or you, he will go on to be a great little player as long as he stays healthy and relatively level headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • Big Del
  • Confidor
  • thenry
  • Broncosgirl
  • trugo bronco
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Battler
  • BroncosAlways
  • HarryAllan7
  • Johnny92
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.