[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
So were you lot this gullible of the media's interpretation and the manager view point when Inglis bailed and went to Souths?

I am assuming this forum was as understanding and kindhearted toward the situation as you are now right?

No one is being malicious or nefarious with their comments.

Time to run along now.

His time is done here surely mods?

As far as assumptions go, here's my take:

- Anthony (and Ayoub) talk to the Raiders about renewing his contract. He expresses his discomfort at being away from his ill father, at which point the Raiders agree to have a clause inserted in the contract that allows him to return home. What that clause exactly says is anyone's guess, but it could be as simple as Anthony not coping with the situation and wanting to go home, or it could stipulate that it could only be activated if Anthony's father condition worsens. I'm not going to speculate what it is...

- The Raiders suggest that Anthony brings his family down to Canberra for the obvious reasons, so they organise for his dad and mom to visit Canberra and at the same time, watch one or two games of their son.

- Anthony's parents tell him there's no way they are moving there and ask him to come home, at which point Tony asks Ayoub to activate the clause. (a month ago, timing fits!)

- The Raiders are no desperate, because they have exhausted all the ways to keep Anthony, and now on top of it, there is the big bad Broncos club ready to take Anthony, so they ignore Ayoub's requests.

- The 19 y/o kid doesn't want to sound like a prick to the club he owes so much, but has made up his mind, and leaves the nasty shit to his agent, blurting out cliches at an interview the Raiders make him do in a desperate attempt to make him say something they can use.

- Ayoub has no choice but to go all out and utilise everything he can to portray the Raiders as scum, and if my assumptions are correct, that's exactly what they are in this case.

It is quite likely that the fact that the Broncos publicly admitted they are on the lookout for players was a catalyst to speed up the issue, but I doubt the outcome would've changed anyway.

Well no, clause is not then activated. As his fathers living arrangements not working out, does not necessarily make him in worse health. It means he stays in Brisabne, Milf stays in Canberra and no relocation takes place. Which in turn is why Ayoub then manipulates health issue to create reason to activate. Assumption continues..

Again. Assumption. What makes you think that the clause stipulated that his father's health had to decline in order for it to become activated? Maybe it stated that unless he makes a full and complete recovery, the option is there for Milf to be released at any time should he choose to? Your belief that the Broncos have somewhat sodomised the Raiders relies on a dozen or so half-arsed assumptions on your part. You might be feeling butthurt, but blaming the Broncos for violating you will not make you feel any better. Maybe a nice soothing balm and bottle of milk in front of a Dora DVD would do you better.

The coach who developed Milford, Raiders scout Brian Edwards, is adamant he is best suited to fullback, but it is understood the Broncos view him as a five-eighth.
That is why Peter Wallace and Scott Prince are free to look for another club next season.
Edwards, who spotted Milford in primary school and developed him for the following five years, warned against expecting him to be a star half immediately.
"He's not a quick fix for the Broncos," Edwards said.
"He's a fullback now and playing that role will help his development.
"In future he could play in the halves but he's only 19 and he will have up and downs.
"Fullback is where he should be right now.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

That sounds familiar.

Time to run along now.

It would be far too Raiders-like to ban someone just because they disagree. I'd rather them stay here long enough to make complete fools of themselves and run away of their own accord. Which reminds me, I wonder what their thoughts are on the Salary Cap and whether the belief that the NRL is assigning arbitrary minimum figures for star players is ruining the game...?

Jesus lets just get the kid here before we worry about what position he plays.

Time to run along now.

No keep him around, we dont want to be like the greenhouse and ban people that poke holes in their delusions.

Mods if you ban worm I will be forced to make an assault on the MoM voting and catapult Peter Wallace to the top... oh wait

Time to run along now.

Hello Brett, you're new on this forum, so I'll repeat this for you, but it goes for everyone:

Any comments about moderation have to be done in the right place, which is Staff Chat.
If anyone feels a poster is pushing the boundaries, please use the report post function. Every report will be discussed by the admins, and the appropriate action will be taken.

Regarding our Raiders visitors. They are welcome in our midst as long as they don't break the rules. They are entitled to their opinion, even if this opinion goes against ours.
So far, the worst they can be accused of, is sarcasm and one misplaced religious comment for which they were warned.

Any members who feel aggrieved by our visitors, can also choose to add them to the ignore list. That way, their posts will not be visible.

Cheers

So a Raiders fan said.

If he has a Drs Certificate stating he can't fly etc an airline wouldn't allow him to fly.

Unless he didn't tell the airline.

I am in no way comparing the events of the individual Inglis V Milford saga's. I am simply asking if the naive belief to the information shared by the media and player manager is unique to this case or was it also prevelant during the Inglis fiasco?

As far as assumptions go, here's my take:

- Anthony (and Ayoub) talk to the Raiders about renewing his contract. He expresses his discomfort at being away from his ill father, at which point the Raiders agree to have a clause inserted in the contract that allows him to return home. What that clause exactly says is anyone's guess, but it could be as simple as Anthony not coping with the situation and wanting to go home, or it could stipulate that it could only be activated if Anthony's father condition worsens. I'm not going to speculate what it is...

- The Raiders suggest that Anthony brings his family down to Canberra for the obvious reasons, so they organise for his dad and mom to visit Canberra and at the same time, watch one or two games of their son.

- Anthony's parents tell him there's no way they are moving there and ask him to come home, at which point Tony asks Ayoub to activate the clause. (a month ago, timing fits!)

- The Raiders are no desperate, because they have exhausted all the ways to keep Anthony, and now on top of it, there is the big bad Broncos club ready to take Anthony, so they ignore Ayoub's requests.

- The 19 y/o kid doesn't want to sound like a prick to the club he owes so much, but has made up his mind, and leaves the nasty shit to his agent, blurting out cliches at an interview the Raiders make him do in a desperate attempt to make him say something they can use.

- Ayoub has no choice but to go all out and utilise everything he can to portray the Raiders as scum, and if my assumptions are correct, that's exactly what they are in this case.

It is quite likely that the fact that the Broncos publicly admitted they are on the lookout for players was a catalyst to speed up the issue, but I doubt the outcome would've changed anyway.

And I respect your opinion whilst respectfully disagreeing.

Worm, are you a Raiders fan or just someone trying to have their say on the issue? In other words, are you just a Wigan fan with no NRL bias?

Raiders can't send anyone to Souths.

No, they have no affiliation with them anymore and cannot send them to souths, but based on the fine print of this clause we speak of, if it is not being actioned in the appropriate manner and the clasue being manipulated and the Raiders do have a leg to stand on, due to Ayoub's behaviour they can make sure he plays out his length of copntract and doesn't play for another NRL club and either a) play him at mounties every week or b) allow him to play for a QLD Cup club of their choice, which I assume would be Souths due to our prior connections.. All I am saying, is if this turns dirty and the Raiders do have the upper hand, who is to say they will take the higher road now that Ayoub has chosen to take the lower one.

No, they have no affiliation with them anymore and cannot send them to souths, but based on the fine print of this clause we speak of, if it is not being actioned in the appropriate manner and the clasue being manipulated and the Raiders do have a leg to stand on, due to Ayoub's behaviour they can make sure he plays out his length of copntract and doesn't play for another NRL club and either a) play him at mounties every week or b) allow him to play for a QLD Cup club of their choice, which I assume would be Souths due to our prior connections.. All I am saying, is if this turns dirty and the Raiders do have the upper hand, who is to say they will take the higher road now that Ayoub has chosen to take the lower one.

You're right. It's best that Milford suffers the most, so either don't give him a go in first grade, or don't release him from his contract. At least the Raiders are looking after him, right?

Worm, are you a Raiders fan or just someone trying to have their say on the issue? In other words, are you just a Wigan fan with no NRL bias?

I am a Raiders supporter. I know I have a bias veiw of these proceedings, and I admit that shines through, but I am not on here to create or cause waves, but to actually have a good chat about it with the "otherside"..

You're right. It's best that Milford suffers the most, so either don't give him a go in first grade, or don't release him from his contract. At least the Raiders are looking after him, right?

No, you have taken my opinion out of context. I have said prior that the upsetting thing is, is that Milford will be the one that cops the cross fire. It is unfortunate, but when you have an ugly fight there are always innocent casualties and Milford's manager is making this ugly. Whether it is the Raiders, the Bronco's, the Milford's or just circumstance in the wrong, playing it out in the media will only eventuate at one outcome - ugly

And I respect your opinion whilst respectfully disagreeing.
Which parts do you disagree with?

You say Ayoub is taking the lower road. Are you sure he didn't try to get this done without involving the press and the Raiders didn't want to know about it?
What do you think about this quote from Ayoub regarding Milford considering staying:

"There is absolutely nil truth to that. That's what annoys me. At no stage has that happened," Ayoub said. "It's OK to put out a press release saying they don't want their season disrupted. We don't want that either -- that's why it was all being handled confidentially between us and the club. The facts are I spoke with them a month ago. I wrote to them two weeks ago with no response. Obviously the minute it becomes public, they react."

From: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...misses-extension/story-fnca0von-1226691695592

Last edited:
Which parts do you disagree with?

You say Ayoub is taking the lower road. Are you sure he didn't try to get this done without involving the press and the Raiders didn't want to know about it?
What do you think about this quote from Ayoub regarding Milford considering staying:

I get that. But as I mentioned earlier, why was Ayoub speaking to the Raiders a month ago about activating this clause, when only 3 weeks ago the Milfords were in Canberra to assess the place as a possible future home? Does that seem accurate now? I do not think so.

I believe a more accurate veiw is that this "conversation" never took place and the action of the clause has only been since the visit and Ayoub is telling porkies to attempt to downplay the real reason of the change of heart and that is that since the visit took place and the parents not liking the City, Ayoub waddled up to Broncos HQ and said "I can get young Milford out of Canberra if you want him" and thus the circus began..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Old Mate
  • Astro
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • Confidor
  • thenry
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • trugo bronco
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Battler
  • BroncosAlways
  • HarryAllan7
  • Johnny92
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.