[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which in turn, Mum should then respect her sons career and the opportunity handed to him and the countless dollars and hours invested into him since he was 15 by the club he is playing for and not go on the record crying foul that her poor son is trapped by the big bad Canberra and should be let go cause she misses her little fella..

A get-out clause was put into his contract for this sort of event, and it appears that canberra are not honouring it. For all we know Ayoub has been trying to get them to honour the clause behind closed doors and canberra are flat out refusing him, so he is playing this out in the media so they can't hide

This is a little bit off topic and I have no idea why I'm posting it here but have any of you guys seen the Raiders remaining schedule for the season?

Oooh that's tough....they might not win another game this year.

The downside to Ayoub playing dirty like this is only going to effect Anthony. The Raiders will just pull a Sam Williams and make him play at Mounties for the rest of 2013 and then Souths Logan for the remainder of his contract, where he can move back to Brisbane, but cannot play for another club. If the relationship is ruined, they can play dirty too, by allowing him to go home, but not activating his clause.

If that is the outcome, well it is the best scenario for Anthony at least, as far as family goes. No contract gets broken, and he gets to be in Brisbane with his family. The Raiders lose him anyway. "If we can't have him no one can". I'm surprised Dugan & Ferguson were even drinking Cruisers - sounds like a place where everyone sucks orange juice from poppers.

This is a little bit off topic and I have no idea why I'm posting it here but have any of you guys seen the Raiders remaining schedule for the season?

Oooh that's tough....they might not win another game this year.

and it will be all the big bad broncos fault

On the contrary. Raiders are now lose/lose. Either they demand Milford stay, in which case he'll either play poorly or spend a year in Q-Cup, or they relent and they lose him to the Broncos. In PR terms though, the battering they're getting in the media in regards to their culture (or lack thereof) will spiral if they don't let him go. Broncos will end up smelling like roses.

Well in that case we have nothing to lose right? He sits out a year.. He gets to go home.. That's what he wants right, family? If it's not about the money, or about the Bronco's he should be happy with that..

A get-out clause was put into his contract for this sort of event, and it appears that canberra are not honouring it. For all we know Ayoub has been trying to get them to honour the clause behind closed doors and canberra are flat out refusing him, so he is playing this out in the media so they can't hide

100% correct:

"The facts are I spoke with them a month ago. I wrote to them two weeks ago with no response. Obviously the minute it becomes public, they react."

Not to be a prick, but Graham Murray could've flown to Canberra a month ago... a lot can change, very quickly.

The downside to Ayoub playing dirty like this is only going to effect Anthony. The Raiders will just pull a Sam Williams and make him play at Mounties for the rest of 2013 and then Souths Logan for the remainder of his contract, where he can move back to Brisbane, but cannot play for another club. If the relationship is ruined, they can play dirty too, by allowing him to go home, but not activating his clause.

Playing dirty? By asking the club for a release on compassionate grounds for his client? That's dirty now?

How bitter can you get?

It's not bitter. It is about playing fire with fire. Ayoub is playing dirty to the degree he gets his mum weeping involved. It is well and truly past the lines of professional and only Milford being caught in the cross fire is going to come form this. That is the sad part about it, as we are yet to actually hear from the kid himself.

Not to be a prick, but Graham Murray could've flown to Canberra a month ago... a lot can change, very quickly.

Probably a good example of why his Mum wants him home.

I agree 100% and according to all reports, it has been for the better.

It's not bitter. It is about playing fire with fire. Ayoub is playing dirty to the degree he gets his mum weeping involved. It is well and truly past the lines of professional and only Milford being caught in the cross fire is going to come form this. That is the sad part about it, as we are yet to actually hear from the kid himself.

You mean besides the quotes from him in the paper?

What reports? The bouncer at Mooseheads doesn't count either.

Of course, this is to be taken with a grain of salt, but if this quote from Ayoub is true, then the Raiders are the ones playing dirty:

"The facts are I spoke with them a month ago. I wrote to them two weeks ago with no response. Obviously the minute it becomes public, they react."

The timing certainly fits!

Stop posting facts from the media that don't support their delusions. As a moderator you should know better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Redfern_1980
  • Turky Murky
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosMan
  • Harry Sack
  • Footy Fanatic
  • cento
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dexter
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.