[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really have Prince to thank for even having the chance to get Milford and Barba in the first place. If we hadn't signed Prince to play at five-eighth, Norman probably would have signed a contract extension instead of going to the Eels, which would have resulted in us only being able to choose Norman as the long-term five-eighth. Now that he's leaving, we have enough salary cap room to sign Milford and Barba, as well as a five-eighth spot that needs to be filled.

Another quote from the Greenhouse:
At least he'll be under done as **** come 2015 if this is the doing of that grubby club in Brisbane and that prick manager of his...I hope it was Sam Ayoub that lost 20K on the raiders last weekend the crook...

Maybe this hatred of the Broncos stems deeper than losing Milford? Is it because the Broncos get around 17 games a year on Channel Nine and you can count the Raiders' Channel Nine games on one hand?

This is a great quote from the Green Hornet on losing all their great players, which some Raiders fans on here seemed to deny:
Maybe we need to change tact on our recruitment. I'm sick & tired of investing in young players (especially from outside the local area) & then we loose them for various reasons.

Especially of late every wonder kid we have produced seems to have or want to leave us ie; Carney, Dugan, now Milford. These kids don't come along everyday so when you invest in them & then loose them during their best years really hurts.

Maybe we should just go for established older players who are more likely to move & settle much easier.

The Roosters seem to be pretty good with that & now the bunnies. Long what a good recruitment drive of Maloney, Jennings, SBW, & O'Donnell can do for your season. How they fit the rest of the team under the cap is beyond me.

I'm sure Channel 9 is bolstering a lot of their contracts especially in Maloney & SBW's case so why can't we get the same treatment.

This is a great quote from the Green Hornet on losing all their great players, which some Raiders fans on here seemed to deny:

I for one will admit, there are a lot of people on the GH that have opinions. Opinions which is this case; are wrong. An example is the only 3 he has me mentioned I have covered. 2 were sacked for disciplinary reasons and one of them (Carney) never wanted to leave at all. The other is the kid in question. And yes, it looks like we are "loosing" (sic) him. :001_rolleyes:

I think Canberra fans just have to accept their city is a hole and no young bloke who was raised in Brisbane is going to want to live in Canberra long term.

They're better off focussing on Kiwis...at least they feel at home in Canberra's horrible climate.

Here you go mate, should suit and fit you perfectly!

tin-foil-viking-hat-man.jpg

so at what point does something become an insult? apparently saying people are a little slow is highly insulting but calling someone crazy is not?? all i was doing was expressing my opinions, which is what a forum is for i thought!

EDIT: No personal attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the implication that the Broncos have influenced Milford's family and his dad's medical team to exaggerate his health condition so Milford can break contract and come to the Broncos is, at best, nutty (hence the tinfoil viking hat). At worst, it's libellous.

I think Canberra fans just have to accept their city is a hole and no young bloke who was raised in Brisbane is going to want to live in Canberra long term.

They're better off focussing on Kiwis...at least they feel at home in Canberra's horrible climate.

Thats a bit harsh and these comments only produce an off topic school yard argument which is the last thing this thread needs.

Meninga, Belcher, S Walters and Peter Jackson did ok in Canberra and Papali seems to enjoy it.

so at what point does something become an insult? apparently saying people are a little slow is highly insulting but calling someone crazy is not?? all i was doing was expressing my opinions, which is what a forum is for i thought!

If you take offence to someone posting a bloke in a tin foil hat because of your warped and offensive views towards a player who has publicly stated the very reasons he wants to be in Brisbane, maybe the Internet isn't the place for you.

As for your hypocritical comment insulting another member, we'll be in touch.

Last edited by a moderator:

If we are so awful what's keeping you here champ?

If we are so awful what's keeping you here champ?

Because they are looking to start an argument with anybody they can. Im all for some constructive conversation but when they come onto our forum and start throwing around wild accusations and conspiracy theories it gets a bit old.

Fact is Milford doesn’t want to play for the Raiders anymore by all accounts. The Raiders signed him with the clause and now that he is trying to activate that said clause they are jumping up and down about it. Stop crying, get over it and move on.

The only people / person the raiders fans should blame is the raiders club itself and the CEO for allowing the clause in the first place.

Because they are looking to start an argument with anybody they can. Im all for some constructive conversation but when they come onto our forum and start throwing around wild accusations and conspiracy theories it gets a bit old.

Fact is Milford doesn’t want to play for the Raiders anymore by all accounts. The Raiders signed him with the clause and now that he is trying to activate that said clause they are jumping up and down about it. Stop crying, get over it and move on.

The only people / person the raiders fans should blame is the raiders club itself and the CEO for allowing the clause in the first place.

I resent that. I have not once attempted to start an argument. I have already mentioned a couple of times over the past few days that I am here for conversation with the otherside. I can talk about this until I am blue in the face with other Raiders supporters but as we have the same bias (the level of extreme is the only thing that differs) it gets extremely boring and old. I have been enjoying the conversation I have been having with Porthoz, Broncos4life, amongst others that has both been insightful and aside from taughts through sarcasm (which I admit that I enjoy) has been relatively friendly. I am in no way trolling your forum and I respect the conversations and opinions of all of you whether I agree or not. If I do not agree I am more than happy to reply and tell you that you are wrong (in my view) but I will not do it offensively - well intentionally..

The Milford saga will be an ongoing one, which is unfortunate for all and sundry, but blame does not fall on the CEO, as they placed the clause for the hope that Milford wold not activate it. I know that sounds stupid, but if you were between a rock and a hard place, you do things through hope, hope that it is not used against you, but hope that it shows good will. This is the reason behind the clause, and unfortunately, that good will has now been lost behind the media stories from both parties.

As for moving on, I have said it is disheartening, and it is, I know you guys have felt the same about players you have lost. But until that contract is signed, why move on? As has been said earlier, a lot can change in a month, the same applies here. That and until the actual clause and it's terms are settled, we actually have nothing but speculation. Personally, I think he is gone for all money, but there is nothing wrong with hope.

I resent that. I have not once attempted to start an argument. I have already mentioned a couple of times over the past few days that I am here for conversation with the otherside. I can talk about this until I am blue in the face with other Raiders supporters but as we have the same bias (the level of extreme is the only thing that differs) it gets extremely boring and old. I have been enjoying the conversation I have been having with Porthoz, Broncos4life, amongst others that has both been insightful and aside from taughts through sarcasm (which I admit that I enjoy) has been relatively friendly. I am in no way trolling your forum and I respect the conversations and opinions of all of you whether I agree or not. If I do not agree I am more than happy to reply and tell you that you are wrong (in my view) but I will not do it offensively - well intentionally..

The Milford saga will be an ongoing one, which is unfortunate for all and sundry, but blame does not fall on the CEO, as they placed the clause for the hope that Milford wold not activate it. I know that sounds stupid, but if you were between a rock and a hard place, you do things through hope, hope that it is not used against you, but hope that it shows good will. This is the reason behind the clause, and unfortunately, that good will has now been lost behind the media stories from both parties.

As for moving on, I have said it is disheartening, and it is, I know you guys have felt the same about players you have lost. But until that contract is signed, why move on? As has been said earlier, a lot can change in a month, the same applies here. That and until the actual clause and it's terms are settled, we actually have nothing but speculation. Personally, I think he is gone for all money, but there is nothing wrong with hope.
I for one welcome and quite enjoy when opposition fans join up and share their opinions. It's always great to read people's thoughts on topics coming from a different perspective.

I actually have no hope of Milford actually signing until he actually does sign.

Worm of the north is a cool and reasonable gut. Bg99 either the best troll ever as he seems genuine, or just delusional. There is nothing to suggest the broncos have made direct contact. Hence it being played throughout the media. The newspapers were how they negotiated. Milford asked for a release because he just recently discovered his father couldn't move to him. If you seriously suspect for a second the broncos bribed his manager you should fill us in on your theories about the illuminati, international monetary fund, stonemasons, scientology and anything else ridiculous.

Last edited:
Worm of the north is a cool and reasonable gut. Bg99 either the best troll ever as he seems genuine, or just delusional. There is nothing to suggest the broncos have made direct contact. Hence it being played throughout the media. The newspapers were how they negotiated. Milford asked for a release because he just recently discovered his father couldn't move to him. If you seriously suspect for a second the broncos bribed his manager you should fill us in on your theories about the illuminati, international monetary fund, stonemasons, scientology and anything else ridiculous.

We should get on well. I have one of those of my own that I've been growing for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Russell Coight
  • FACTHUNT
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Locky24
  • Skyblues87
  • Bucking Beads
  • phoenix
  • Dexter
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Adammacca
  • Ondi
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • kman
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.