[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally hope it takes awhile, the longer it takes the better the chance to keep him, how long will the broncs hold the cap space for him if there's uncertainty?

On Hoffman to the wing that could cost him in the long run, I can't see him being happy about it as prefers fullback and he'd get more money elsewhere for the spot he wants to play

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but Andrew Gee and our recruitment team haven't been splurging all too often as of late.

I'm guessing Barba and Milford combined would be well over the $1mil mark so that's a lot of cap to risk not using

Personally hope it takes awhile, the longer it takes the better the chance to keep him, how long will the broncs hold the cap space for him if there's uncertainty?

Don't pin your hopes on salary cap being the difference. The cap space will be there as there is no one else to spend it on. If the Barba rumours are true that would be zero impact on affording Milford or not.

We have hardly thrown the cheque book at anyone since Folau.
Its not like we are talking Inglis/smith/Cronk/Thurston money either, Milford and Barba are great players, potentially the best young backs in the game but neither are current rep players, these are not 700k a year contracts.

On Hoffman to the wing that could cost him in the long run, I can't see him being happy about it as prefers fullback and he'd get more money elsewhere for the spot he wants to play

we'd have possibly just over a million spare in next years cap ... with no talent to spend it on available for next year.

besides i can't see Milford commanding massive dollars at this stage of his career ... we would certainly have enough to sign both him and Barba (who would command substantially more). especially if Wallace leaves.

I'm guessing Barba and Milford combined would be well over the $1mil mark so that's a lot of cap to risk not using

So what should we do, give it to Maranta?

If we dont use it, we dont use it.

Nah, you're cool and don't let the Bieber haters get you down. TBH, I prefer a multi-club mix when it comes to forums because, as you say, people who follow the same club generally have the same bias. Makes things more interesting and less of a circle jerk.

Yeah yeah, but you're a forum whore these days ;) Another poor broken refugee of a home that swatted us away. Endlessly drifting between countless flings, coupling with many, but forever yearning for your lost love.

Would be the nail in Griffins coffin IMO and I would place it there myself. Hunt will be our 7, one of them will be FB and the other will be our 6. Hoffy will head back to the wing, with a view to becoming a centre.

Agree. As always.

We have hardly thrown the cheque book at anyone since Folau.
Its not like we are talking Inglis/smith/Cronk/Thurston money either, Milford and Barba are great players, potentially the best young backs in the game but neither are current rep players, these are not 700k a year contracts.

Still laugh how much Bennett spent on a winger.

Barba is reigning Dally M player and could command $700k when you consider what other players have gotten, Beau Scott was signed for $500k and he's useless. Milford's still young but tbh I wouldn't be upset if Raiders throw $500k to keep him

Caps going up by 800k next year and the fact that a fucking nuffy like beau Scott is getting half a mil has nothing to do with this

As in next year the cap is 800k higher than this year? In that case if Wallace is released and before any signings I'd guess we have about $2.5 mil to spare in the cap 1.1 mil plus whatever we already had spare. Did anyone find out how much Gillett and reed were extended for this year? Might give people perspective on how much room we have left.

As in next year the cap is 800k higher than this year? In that case if Wallace is released and before any signings I'd guess we have about $2.5 mil to spare in the cap 1.1 mil plus whatever we already had spare. Did anyone find out how much Gillett and reed were extended for this year? Might give people perspective on how much room we have left.

It was supposed to be totalling $2M for the both of them - Reed w/ 4 years, Gillett w/ 3. I'm guessing it's something like 250K for Reed, 333K for Gillett.

Do they believe they're the only club this happens to? Bugger off Canberra. Work out why these stars keep wanting to leave, and fix the fucking problem.

To be fair, I do agree with that article to a degree. There should be some sort of dispensation for developing your own players. A club invests a huge amount of time and resources into developing players, and then players jump ship to another club, who usually offers more money. From what we know, the Milford situation is completely different though (money not the reason for changing club). I've always wanted more salary cap support for long-serving players and junior/developed players - 9 years at the one club (or whatever it is) is a tad too long for the loyalty discount. I would personally have it at about 5 years or so.

Last edited:
If it's a straight up transfer fee every team will go bankrupt but broncos and those that develops 90% of their players

Do they believe they're the only club this happens to? Bugger off Canberra. Work out why these stars keep wanting to leave, and fix the fucking problem.
Not the only club but the Raiders do invest more than most clubs into junior development around Canberra NSW and Qld and while past few years we haven't lost many we wanted to keep (despite you believing otherwise)it sucks watching rich clubs like the Roosters spend bugger all on development and just try to buy a premiership, it's not good for the game imagine if all clubs decided to do away with development, there needs to be encouragement for clubs to spend on the future of the game.

Not the only club but the Raiders do invest more than most clubs into junior development around Canberra NSW and Qld and while past few years we haven't lost many we wanted to keep (despite you believing otherwise)it sucks watching rich clubs like the Roosters spend bugger all on development and just try to buy a premiership, it's not good for the game imagine if all clubs decided to do away with development, there needs to be encouragement for clubs to spend on the future of the game.

How does 'Rich Club' count for anything? Every club has the same cap, ever think players choose the Roosters/Broncos because of the cities they are in?

Still laugh how much Bennett spent on a winger.

Barba is reigning Dally M player and could command $700k when you consider what other players have gotten, Beau Scott was signed for $500k and he's useless. Milford's still young but tbh I wouldn't be upset if Raiders throw $500k to keep him

Bennett didn't spend it on a winger, he played centre. You are still laughing about a club you have no interest in buying a gun player who had one of the best try scoring strike rates in the game? Why?

Barba will not be getting 700k as cap spend, it doesn't matter what beau Scott was paid or chris sandow or tony Williams or anyone else, each club values players on their own needs at the time with factors different to each player.

We are not running 12th because we have a team of superstars eating up our cap. Compare our squads to easts, manly, dogs, Souths etc, we have room for both barba and Milford without raising any eyebrows.

according to you though we risk losing our cap if we don't sign Milford soon, maybe between the cushions on the lounge, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mrtij
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • johnyE
  • john1420
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • Dexter
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Manofoneway
  • Spoon
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ettybay
  • ezpz
  • NSW stables
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • bb_gun
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.